'12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he can but he will be on the outside and Da'rick will move into to slot. The line-up with Patterson and Hunter on the outside and Rogers in the slot will be an absolute match up nightmare.

Here's to hoping Patterson can make the jump quickly

Yes, I agree with that earlier post. Let Cordarrelle line up outside with Da'Rick in the slot. That is going to be tough tough tough to defend!

With the addition of CP it helps more along the lines of depth which will allow us to continue to keep shuffling more wr's in consistently thru 1 back sets rather then seeing cp, hunter, and Rogers all on the field at the same time.. The 3 x 1 sets will help our running game tremendously also by spreading the field a bit more

And when they go into dime to cover our 3 wide sets pound that run game! GBO!

We need to be able to line up and just punish people out of two receiver sets. I tired of playing around with teams and trying to trick the defense. Let's line up and punish some teams. If we can do that then the play-action would get us some 1v1 action downfield. Hunter or Rogers will have to win the battle(I'll take my chances with those two).

We need to be able to line up and just punish people out of two receiver sets. I tired of playing around with teams and trying to trick the defense. Let's line up and punish some teams. If we can do that then the play-action would get us some 1v1 action downfield. Hunter or Rogers will have to win the battle(I'll take my chances with those two).

Preach.. With the additions coming in its gonna give us the much needed depth to continue to keep rolling in talent play after play

Personally I expect to see Rogers in the slot anyway from a x's and o's standpoint regardless of the big 3 being on the field all at once

Can CP play in the slot?

As much as I agree with you I think that all depends on how well the defense preforms and how many points we need to score to win. We should be able to put up a lot of points on the scoreboard in many different ways and punish teams by lighting up the scoreboard if needed. Hopefully the defense comes around and we be a more physical team .

As much as I agree with you I think that all depends on how well the defense preforms and how many points we need to score to win. We should be able to put up a lot of points on the scoreboard in many different ways and punish teams by lighting up the scoreboard if needed. Hopefully the defense comes around and we be a more physical team .

Defense has nothing to do with us punishing people with our run game.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes he can but he will be on the outside and Da'rick will move into to slot. The line-up with Patterson and Hunter on the outside and Rogers in the slot will be an absolute match up nightmare.

I agree with this. I think they will all move around also. Da'rick pushing CBs around on the outside will wear them down. That will allow you to put Hunter or Patterson out there on a tired CB... That is a nightmare...

It does if you are behind and are forced to throw the ball to catch up.

If you can run the ball you'll be able to score a lot easier with our WRs. The defense wasn't as bad as you think last year. Wilcox had some vanilla schemes that really hurt them, along with 3 and outs killin the defense. A defense that believes in our offense will play better. The defense will be better though. Especially if our Cbs can set the edge a lot better.

It's not tricking by any means.. It's a strategic move to help loosen up the box for a running game and spreading the field is good for young ol because the protections are much simpler

Thank you. I guess I'll elaborate next time I try to get technical for some ppl...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back