'12 GA DE James Deloach

from one of the UGA recruiting insiders....."A little surprised, but extremely happy about the offer to Deloach. I thought we wanted to wait and view how he responds to his injuries, but Richt certainly feels the pressure from all the other schools offering in an attempt to gain the upper hand with Taylor. Dawgs will fight hard and ultimately sign both."

At least this insider isn't biased or anything.

I love how people call recruiting battles over a little less than a year away....yeah nothing can change in that span of time that can make a difference...please!

For a time it was thought to sign Maggitt you had to offer Brissett too OR vise versa.
Long time 'til Feb 01 2012---NSD. :wink2: :popcorn:

These kids are package deals no doubt.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I have no doubt about it. They both have clearly stated they want to play with each other at the next level. This situation is unlike Maggitt's, and unlike Arnett's (when half of this board thought Hayes and Arnett could/would be a package deal).

On the other hand, to say they will both ultimately sign with UGA this early in 2012 recruiting is just ignorant. There is no evidencial support for the claim other than the fact UGA fights hard for top in-state talent; who doesn't?

I have no doubt about it. They both have clearly stated they want to play with each other at the next level. This situation is unlike Maggitt's, and unlike Arnett's (when half of this board thought Hayes and Arnett could/would be a package deal).

On the other hand, to say they will both ultimately sign with UGA this early in 2012 recruiting is just ignorant. There is no evidencial support for the claim other than the fact UGA fights hard for top in-state talent; who doesn't?

Good post.

For a time it was thought to sign Maggitt you had to offer Brissett too OR vise versa.
Long time 'til Feb 01 2012---NSD. :wink2: :popcorn:

............thats not true. For Wisc to sign Maggitt or Brissett they were going to need to get both but they were never a package deal.

............thats not true. For Wisc to sign Maggitt or Brissett they were going to need to get both but they were never a package deal.

Semantics...
Did I state that Maggitt & Brissett were a pkg deal?? No, however, both had stated their (strong) desire to play together as have Deloach and Taylor---please show link where one OR both are quoted, "We are solely a "pkg" deal."

The point of my original post---it's a long way to NSD, a lot can AND will change\happen. :hi:

I think people here are just making the point that Deloach and Taylor have been much more outspoken about the notion of playing together than previous situations. As of now, they clearly want to try to play together in college. No one has any other basis to say otherwise unless it's just to state that "things will change/happen" as the year goes on. We know.

Deloach is probably a lean to GT because they have been on him hard for awhile but I don't expect that lean to last long.

Taylor is a UGA lean.

They claim to be a package deal. Will be interesting to follow this one.

These kids are package deals no doubt.

DeLoach stated Alabama as his favorite.

Scout-"DeLoach says he grew up following the Tide. “I lived there for about eight years,” DeLoach said. “They’ve always been my favorite. The team is very good. But I also like the environment there. It’s in the country and it’s very nice. I also love the stadium."
He lists Alabama, Georgia, & FSU as his top three camps this summer.

That is what they are saying I still think there is a 10-15 % chance that they may split up( 10 months alot can change) but it looks like you get one, you get the other,it would be a huge pull if UT could do it.

That is what they are saying I still think there is a 10-15 % chance that they may split up( 10 months alot can change) but it looks like you get one, you get the other,it would be a huge pull if UT could do it.

There is always a chance, maybe 10% here, but of course that means there is a 90% chance they ARE a package deal.

These two are almost certainly a package, though I wouldn't mind seeing them split up, tbh. Not overly impressed with Deloach, though I think he is good. Taylor is one of, if not the, top D target for us this year though.

Once again they are no doubt package deals.

Bama does a lot of package deals. The problem with their PDs is the under rated player only lasts one year and then loses his athletic scholarship and is placed on some other type of support or transfers to another school, usually not a D1 school.

...before we know it South Alabama is going to be a powerful FCS program from all the Barn and Bama transfers..not a bad way to recruit D1 talent on their part! LOL

Deloach currently holds 11 offers. He gained 3 offers in the last week in Vanderbilt, Louisville, and the latest offer being Clemson last Saturday. He plans on visiting Auburn unofficially today and then visiting FSU this weekend. Again Deloach emphazises that he and teammate Jonathan Taylor will probably play college football together.

"I like Louisville, Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, Florida State, South Carolina, Auburn and Clemson," Deloach listed. "I want to go to an SEC school but the ACC has been coming on strong. Clemson is up there for me too but I don't know much about them just yet."
"We've been offered by a lot of the same schools," the 6-foot-3, 265-pound defensive end said. "Georgia, Florida, Florida State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Alabama, Louisville and Vanderbilt are some of the schools that have offered both of us. I think we'll play together in college."
-Rivals.

Last edited:
Deloach did make his visit to Auburn today as planned. He was accompanied by teammate Jonathan Taylor. This was the teammates 2nd trip to Auburn and they plan on coming back in the summer.

Deloach did make his visit to Auburn today as planned. He was accompanied by teammate Jonathan Taylor. This was the teammates 2nd trip to Auburn and they plan on coming back in the summer.

Not a whole lot of good news to sift from that

Not a whole lot of good news to sift from that

Eh it's just part of it. Auburn is coming off a NC Title so I expect them to get quite a bit of visits from top prospects. Deloach also mentioned UT as being one of the schools he likes in his most recent article. We are definitely still in it.

Eh it's just part of it. Auburn is coming off a NC Title so I expect them to get quite a bit of visits from top prospects. Deloach also mentioned UT as being one of the schools he likes in his most recent article. We are definitely still in it.

We'll see how hot Auburn is after midway through this season...

IMO, Auburn's destruction is being greatly exaggerated. They have had solid recruiting the last 2-3 years and I think they are more likely to "reload" with a bit of a drop off much more than they are likely to finish at the bottom of the West. We'll see.

Clemson and USC are among the offers for DE James DeLoach (6-3 265) of Millen, GA. He also has offers from Florida State, Alabama, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Georgia, Vanderbilt, Louisville, Michigan, Auburn and Florida. DeLoach has visited Auburn, Florida and Florida State and might go to Georgia Thursday. Clemson has invited him to the spring game but he may have a combine in Atlanta that day. USC also has talked to him about a visit but nothing has been set up. DeLoach said he does not have any favorites right now. He and his teammate, LB Jonathan Taylor, plan to attend the same school. DeLoach played in only four games last season due to a broken arm. He had 8.5 sacks in those four games.

South Georgia DE in high demand

IMO, Auburn's destruction is being greatly exaggerated. They have had solid recruiting the last 2-3 years and I think they are more likely to "reload" with a bit of a drop off much more than they are likely to finish at the bottom of the West. We'll see.

I completely agree with this. Last I saw of Auburn was Michael Dyer dominating the second half and winning them the National Title. You can argue Cam Newton was the reason he was able to do so, but the kid put on a heck of a performance in the National Title game as a freshman.

VN Store

Back