'12 AL DT Justin Shanks

From Rivals, referring to Lance Thompson.

"He's just like if I were up there now I could be starting and how bad that they really want me," Shanks said of their conversations. "That makes me be like, 'Wow.' They've been playing pretty good ball so far and I understand they're losing a lot of guys there so it has me thinking."

Says he's lining up an official visit to Tennessee.

Other than Jackson, do we really lose anyone?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yea it's called trimming the fat. Or getting rid of the players that don't contribute

We really never had any to lose. Let him think what he wants, get him here for a official.

"It was pretty nice. I really liked the weather. It wasn't too hot or cold. I'm more like a cold person, I'd rather be cold than hot any day. It was just something different," Shanks said

I thought that quote was interesting. Could be looking too much into it but Tennessee is the only school he's still considering that can offer that.

He also mentions he's "starting to look at rosters more" which to me sounds like he's looking a little closer at what Florida State has on the D line already. Again, I could be looking too far into that but it sounds encouraging.

From Rivals, referring to Lance Thompson.

Says he's lining up an official visit to Tennessee.

I am seriously liking this. Florida St has depth at 2 positions and it is both offensive and defensive line.

Think of this,
NT and DT depth is 3 JRs, 2 FRs, 1 Soph and then also they signed 4 others in 2011. Not to mention 2012 they have 2 others signed. Keep on em, we could use depth like this.

I've previously stated this in another thread, but look for us to finish with a number of players previously committed elsewhere. The staff's approach is paying off with a lot of kids that made early commitments in the spring/summer. The staff is selling UT instead of bashing the schools where the kids are currently committed. This positive recruiting allows us to get our foot in the door, get kids on campus for official visits, and sell what UT has to offer (which for Shanks is early PT). UT football is back.

Reactions: 14 people
OCI, I'm assuming you where the staff is with Shanks to say a comment like that... we must have some real momentum with him. Adding him and O'Brien would be huge. That would go a long way to getting some elite talent back at the DT position.

I've previously stated this in another thread, but look for us to finish with a number of players previously committed elsewhere. The staff's approach is paying off with a lot of kids that made early commitments in the spring/summer. The staff is selling UT instead of bashing the schools where the kids are currently committed. This positive recruiting allows us to get our foot in the door, get kids on campus for official visits, and sell what UT has to offer (which for Shanks is early PT). UT football is back.

I love this staff. Thanks OCI :hi:

If we were to land both O'Brien and shanks that would be off the charts !! Major haul !! the grand enchilada!!

Great! Thanks!

I believe we will close strong

A number of players committed elsewhere? Sounds good... do you see current UT commits being asked to look somewhere else to more make room?

If we were to land both O'Brien and shanks that would be off the charts !! Major haul !! the grand enchilada!!

O'Brien, Shanks, Jacobs, Autry, Santos, McNeil, Peters, King, Crawley, Taylor, and Lewis is one killer defensive class. Throw in Hamilton and I would melt.

Reactions: 1 person
What would it do to our future rexruiting if we started turning guys away? Who are you going to turn away other than Blanc I really like our class and think it adds depth and great players

A number of players committed elsewhere? Sounds good... do you see current UT commits being asked to look somewhere else to more make room?

Don't know where the post is but OCI said a week or so ago to look for people commited else where to switch to the Vols and look for our guys to stay commited. That is a paraphrase. So I am assuming, CDD and Staff like where we are and so do the players committed. He could have meant that the players committed will stay committed unless told to look else where. But I took it to me the former.

VN Store

Back