'11 SC DE Jadeveon Clowney

Lets say he does decide to visit after signing day and assuming he isn't s&p or Juco do we tell someone to wait on committing or do we just ask somebody to look elsewhere even though its not certain we will get him?

Lets say he does decide to visit after signing day and assuming he isn't s&p or Juco do we tell someone to wait on committing or do we just ask somebody to look elsewhere even though its not certain we will get him?

We probably just sign 28 and call it a day if we feel there is a legit shot.

Wont shock me if we sign 28 anyways.

We probably just sign 28 and call it a day if we feel there is a legit shot.

Wont shock me if we sign 28 anyways.

I think your right. Even if we don't get him, him just considering us this late in the game speaks volumes for our coaches recruiting abilities.

That's a pipe dream and there's nothing there. Tennessee hasn't visited with him and he's not going to visit the Vols based on what I'm told and hear.
-Hubbs.

Spoke with someone close to his recruitment and I was told that Clowney and Chuck Smith haven't talked. I don't read much into those rumors.
-Price.

Smokescreen? Ha just kidding. Guess the experts have shot down another dream. Well it was worth a try though.

Hmmm....I don't follow recruiting as much as some of you guys, but from a laymans point of view, something seems amiss. He pushed back his announcement and his HS coach specifically mentioned Chuck Smith, but now these recruiting folks are saying that we aren't even talking to him.

There is no way that CS does not at least try to get to this guy, whether there is an iota of a chance or not.

I am not sure why everyone is convinced that he wouldn't even consider us. If he was hell bent on the chickens, then he would have committed by now. I mean its not like they have spots open and we don't. If I were him, I would be getting a little nervous about their numbers. Of course SS would give up any current commit and a testicle to get Clowney, but Clowney doesn't seem to be in any hurry despite the fact that almost every team he is interested in is filling up.

Something just isn't making sense about him. It may be that he knows he won't qualify and is just enjoying the process, but so many people are convinced it is a one horse race.

He pushed it back so he could announce on his birthday, Feb. 14th. From what I've heard here and elsewhere, it won't matter who he picks that day. He will be going to JUCO or prep school.

He pushed it back so he could announce on his birthday, Feb. 14th. From what I've heard here and elsewhere, it won't matter who he picks that day. He will be going to JUCO or prep school.

I promise that no matter where he goes, even if his grades are bad, they will find a way to get him in.

Yeh he grades aren't bad either. He just has to pass this semester and he is in just like every other high school senior.

Guys like Dexter Stately* or Brandon Fulse are guys that should be in the top150 but aren't because of their grades and they won't qualify so they aren't. The #1 recruit in the nation has never not qualified and trust me he will qualify for whatever college he chooses.

Couple of years ago the best player in Florida was a wr named Javon Bell. The whole state knew he was just sick, but they also knew he was gonna have to go to JUCO for 2 years cuz of his grades. Because he wasn't gonna qualify he was ranked way low if even ranked. But he was the one of the best if not the best wr/ath in Florida that year.

Couple of years ago the best player in Florida was a wr named Javon Bell. The whole state knew he was just sick, but they also knew he was gonna have to go to JUCO for 2 years cuz of his grades. Because he wasn't gonna qualify he was ranked way low if even ranked. But he was the one of the best if not the best wr/ath in Florida that year.

Yea he looked awesome. He signed with SC and is now tearing it up in JUCO. Hopefully he ends up at SC after next season, but I would bet a ton of people will be coming after him.

As for Clowney, as others have said, the grades are a nonissue at this point. He'll be in school in the fall wherever he decides to go.

I promise that no matter where he goes, even if his grades are bad, they will find a way to get him in.

You might have something here. I have heard a rumor on other boards that they might play the learning disability card to get him in. Will be interesting to see this play out. I don't know details about his situation like you seem to, but from what I've read he doesn't have a great GPA or the score needed yet...

Yea he looked awesome. He signed with SC and is now tearing it up in JUCO. Hopefully he ends up at SC after next season, but I would bet a ton of people will be coming after him.

As for Clowney, as others have said, the grades are a nonissue at this point. He'll be in school in the fall wherever he decides to go.

Yeh Bell was interviewed awhile back and says he is def. gonna be a Gamecock once he leaves JUCO. He might only be there a year but trust me he is an elite talent!

JC doesn't have a learning disability or anything there is only rumors about him and his grades. Only thing he has left to do is pass this semester and he can go anywhere he wants.

Beside Alabama is there another school that can use the learning disabled card to get a recruit in?

Pretty much any. I think FSU was or is notorious for letting in players under the guise of "learning disabled."

VN Store

Back