#11 Kentucky (6-0,4-0) @ #1 Georgia (6-0,4-0) 3:30 PM CBS

Georgia wins 38-10.
Yeah, some of these guys who have hope of this one turning out differently clearly haven't watched these teams play a whole lot. Kentucky has to run to be successful and they aren't going to be able to. We have a better chance against UGA that Kentucky does imo, not that we have a great chance, but Kentucky's whole style of football is a frontal assault on UGA's strengths. It ain't going to be close.

Yeah, some of these guys who have hope of this one turning out differently clearly haven't watched these teams play a whole lot. Kentucky has to run to be successful and they aren't going to be able to. We have a better chance against UGA that Kentucky does imo, not that we have a great chance, but Kentucky's whole style of football is a frontal assault on UGA's strengths. It ain't going to be close.
There is a difference between hoping Kentucky wins vs thinking they will win. It’s the hope that kills you. But out of Tennessee, Kentucky and Florida. I think Florida has the best shot at knocking them off.

There is a difference between hoping Kentucky wins vs thinking they will win. It’s the hope that kills you. But out of Tennessee, Kentucky and Florida. I think Florida has the best shot at knocking them off.
Florida is another team that needs to be able to run to set up everything else they want to do. No one has been able to run on UGA for several years and all the reasons why are now juniors and seniors. I think we've got the best chance to score some points, we've got speedy receivers, the up tempo style and are just sort of a different animal than most of the teams they've played. I don't expect us to win, but we could hit some shots down field, if we got some points off special teams and defense we might could make it interesting. We have a chance at least match up wise, if not a good one. On the other hand, UGA is built to Kentucky and Florida with Emory Jones at QB.

Reactions: MAD
Not sure who comes up with this, but definitely agree, Georgia is the most toxic fanbase, not sure about Kentucky being least toxic. Maybe since they are a basketball school, they don’t get worked up like the rest of the SEC.

View attachment 402680

Wait until Saban leaves and Bama drops 3 losses in a season. UGA fans would look like pure rationality in comparison.

They just won 19 in a row and lost on a last second field goal and want to can the DC. There is zero perspective with that fanbase.

Reactions: volinbham and MAD
Wait until Saban leaves and Bama drops 3 losses in a season. UGA fans would look like pure rationality in comparison.

They just won 19 in a row and lost on a last second field goal and want to can the DC. There is zero perspective with that fanbase.
In fairness they’ve wanted Golding fired for the past two years.

Not that it matters but no coach should be that awful with so much talent.

did I hear correctly that UK has a couple key injuries (one at least on the D - Oxendine?)

I'd love the upset but probably going to be a 3 TD win for the dawgs.

UK has come a long way since I was there (Bill Curry era)

I'm sure you remember the Mikes' years - they were insufferable and full of crazy reasons for each loss.

I don't think anyone is beating Georgia this year but I will be sitting in front of the tv full of hope at the start of the game. Please be gentle Georgia.

Tennessee will be the first loss for Georgia!

I don’t think this is true, but I will say this: if KY can somehow pull this out, our chances against Georgia increase tremendously.

Georgia’s playoff run is essentially hopeless if they lose to KY. Even if we whip KY, that puts them in place to have one loss and still have the head to head over Georgia, meaning they play for the SEC title.

The “If not this year then when” feeling will be through the roof with that program.

None of this is going to happen, but it’s worth mentioning.

Reactions: joevol33 and MAD
I don’t think this is true, but I will say this: if KY can somehow pull this out, our chances against Georgia increase tremendously.

Georgia’s playoff run is essentially hopeless if they lose to KY. Even if we whip KY, that puts them in place to have one loss and still have the head to head over Georgia, meaning they play for the SEC title.

The “If not this year then when” feeling will be through the roof with that program.

None of this is going to happen, but it’s worth mentioning.
I gotta keep hoping

I hope Kentucky wins. Georgia fans are so insufferable already and if they win a championship it will only get worse. Plus no way Kentucky wins a championship anyway.

I hope Kentucky wins. Georgia fans are so insufferable already and if they win a championship it will only get worse. Plus no way Kentucky wins a championship anyway.

Welcome to how we felt about UT fans rubbing our noses in it in the 90s.

Not sure who comes up with this, but definitely agree, Georgia is the most toxic fanbase, not sure about Kentucky being least toxic. Maybe since they are a basketball school, they don’t get worked up like the rest of the SEC.

View attachment 402680
Only disagreement I have with this is the B1G. Ohio State has the most toxic fans in the country (Texas a close second).

I despise them almost as much as Bama and Florida.

I think UGA wins easily, but I'm pulling for a Kentucky upset. I want them undefeated and top ten when we beat them in Lexington.

VN Store

Back