'11 GA DT Gabe Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.
In all honesty, how do you see our class this year? I'm starting to feel as though we are not going to be filling our immediate needs (DT, OL) with early impact type players. I know it's early and I'm not trying to be a star gazer, but I feel as though we've fallen to the middle of the pack with some of the mid level elite players we have been chasing. By that I am really referring to our glaring needs along the defensive front.

In all honesty, how do you see our class this year? I'm starting to feel as though we are not going to be filling our immediate needs (DT, OL) with early impact type players. I know it's early and I'm not trying to be a star gazer, but I feel as though we've fallen to the middle of the pack with some of the mid level elite players we have been chasing. By that I am really referring to our glaring needs along the defensive front.

Early impact and lineman don't generally go together.

I would be shocked if Drew went to Au. I think they are third on his list. He didn't even mention them at all in his last interview.

I do think Wright will eventually be between UT/AU.

I agree Auburn is behind UGA and FSU.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

good god...i thought he was a lock? im going to jump into the tennessee river if we dont start getting some talented DL in here pretty soon.... these 0 stars aint going to cut it...call me a star f-er but when florida bama LSU auburn gerogia are signing highly recruited 5 and 4 stars... we are not going to be able to compeate...plane and simple...

good god...i thought he was a lock? im going to jump into the tennessee river if we dont start getting some talented DL in here pretty soon.... these 0 stars aint going to cut it...call me a star f-er but when florida bama LSU auburn gerogia are signing highly recruited 5 and 4 stars... we are not going to be able to compeate...plane and simple...
Could be mistaken but I believe a lot of players on Bama NC team were three star players. Player development has a lot to do with it. Saban is one of the best in the nation at it; let's hope Dooley learned a thing or two from him in evaluation and development.

Yeah it's really worked for UGA. Until Richt leaves it will not matter how many 5 or 4 star players they sign. UT will still have that chance to beat them year in and year out.

haha yeah man says ut battle then says uga and fsu?:confused:

I think you got a bit confused...

To summarize GT09 and secking's back and forth:

secking is saying that for Gabe Wright it will be a UT/Barn battle. For Ray Drew it will be a UGA/FSU battle at the end.

GT09 stated that while Drew is pushing certain individuals (i.e. - Tuitt) to check out the Barn, he will most likely end up deciding between FSU and UGA.

I GUARANTEE that if the coaches are doing their job well and are picking the RIGHT 3* players then UT will have enough talent to beat anyone. There are way more than enough underrated 3* players in the SE every year to win a NC without winning a recruiting championship.

The question is whether the staff can find or is finding them. Either they are or they'll be out in 3 years.

Yeah it's really worked for UGA. Until Richt leaves it will not matter how many 5 or 4 star players they sign. UT will still have that chance to beat them year in and year out.

I remember in the not so distant past, goals being much higher than having a chance to beat UGA every year. WTF. If u think that 4 and 5* talented lineman aren't needed in a conference that is loaded with the same, you are lost....

If Richt was available and UT hired him to coach, you would be slobbering all over him like an 8" pop cycle.. Maybe Stars don't count but talent does.

I remember in the not so distant past, goals being much higher than having a chance to beat UGA every year. WTF. If u think that 4 and 5* talented lineman aren't needed in a conference that is loaded with the same, you are lost....

If Richt was available and UT hired him to coach, you would be slobbering all over him like an 8" pop cycle.. Maybe Stars don't count but talent does.

Good post. How do you propose we get those 4 & 5 stars in our current state? Something called progress. We gotta make it till we get where WE ALL want to be. If we get back, I am sure we will gladly take the higher rated players but now, ain't many biting

Good post. How do you propose we get those 4 & 5 stars in our current state? Something called progress. We gotta make it till we get where WE ALL want to be. If we get back, I am sure we will gladly take the higher rated players but now, ain't many biting

I absoloutly agree...I just grow weary of the UGA and KY comparisons. They have nothing to do with the situation we find ourselves in. I believe that once a product is on the field and this staff has a year under its belt, we will see the situation move forward.

But don't tell me about UGA and how 4 and 5* talent level lineman don't matter. It's ridiculous. GBO

I absoloutly agree...I just grow weary of the UGA and KY comparisons. They have nothing to do with the situation we find ourselves in. I believe that once a product is on the field and this staff has a year under its belt, we will see the situation move forward.

But don't tell me about UGA and how 4 and 5* talent level lineman don't matter. It's ridiculous. GBO

Can't argue with that. I think every single program that is going to rise has to begin and strategize the way we are, which is taking upper-mid level players, coaching them up, fighting tooth & nail for everything you get, and when results on the field begin to come, the top players will take notice and want to ride on that Big Orange train!

I think if we can pull off an upset or two this year, it will really put a boost into it. I'll be a nut and hope for Oregon and Georgia... I don't quite have the faith to think we get Florida, Bama, or LSU in Baton Rouge.

Can't argue with that. I think every single program that is going to rise has to begin and strategize the way we are, which is taking upper-mid level players, coaching them up, fighting tooth & nail for everything you get, and when results on the field begin to come, the top players will take notice and want to ride on that Big Orange train!

I think if we can pull off an upset or two this year, it will really put a boost into it. I'll be a nut and hope for Oregon and Georgia... I don't quite have the faith to think we get Florida, Bama, or LSU in Baton Rouge.

I will give you two reasons why we have a chance to beat LSU:

Miles and Chavis

I will give you two reasons why we have a chance to beat LSU:

Miles and Chavis

We will see... honestly, we really don't know what to expect. Tennessee classically over achieves and under achieves to whatever expectations are held. The offensive line, if you believe reports, seems to be coming together. If Poole is as real as it seems and Simms doesn't make mistakes, maybe playing a bit of a Rick Clausen role, maybe we could do some work this year.

Pat said something to him about committing to UT.

Gabe responded with something like, "I feel you, but I'm gonna take my time".

Pat told him to call Leonard Little, because that's who he's been talking to.

Pat said something to him about committing to UT.

Gabe responded with something like, "I feel you, but I'm gonna take my time".

Pat told him to call Leonard Little, because that's who he's been talking to.

Yeah, bama fans all up in his ear. He says he's feeling Auburn, not Bama.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back