'11 FL RB Marlin Lane

"Coach Russell is amazing," Lane said. "I talk to him every day. I like the entire staff because they are real. They aren't fake and they aren't going tell you something they don't really mean."
-VQ

Last edited:
Hell of a pickup.

Glen Davis, do you like the Lane commitment?

teach-me-how-to-dougie-o.gif

I just looked him up on Rivals and saw this:

MARLIN LANE REMINDS US OF...

Arian Foster - RB
San Diego, CA
Ht: 6'1"Wt: 227 lbs
Team: Houtson Texans

Not to beat a dead horse, but I sure hope he holds onto the ball at key moments.

I just looked him up on Rivals and saw this:

Not to beat a dead horse, but I sure hope he holds onto the ball at key moments.

wow. that's the first time that that's ever been posted in this thread right?

nice observation.

I especially like the bold part.

Dang, sorry about that. Did it say that when he was committed to Clemson, or did they just post it when his interest shifted.

Man it's cool. Don't be sorry. It has been posted about 11 times, but it's not a big deal. Some posters think they have to jump on people for posting information that has already been posted. I don't see the humor or point in it. I can understand you not wanting to read through 20 pages of a thread to make sure something hasn't already been posted.

But to answer your question I think it did say that even when he was committed to Clemson. Not 100% sure though.

Dang, sorry about that. Did it say that when he was committed to Clemson, or did they just post it when his interest shifted.

You're fine no apology needed. Said it for awhile now. However, I'm pumped about this kid being a Vol. V,B.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I was previously concerned with his speed, as Rivals compared him to Arian Foster, and Scout has him listed as having 4.62/40 speed. They also list breakaway speed as one of his weak areas. However, after reading the Rivals evaluation of him, I'm not sure which one is more accurate.

Rivals:
"Most Impressive: Went down to Top Gun last year and outshined the likes of Lache Seastrunk, Aaron Green and Malcolm Brown. He is a very hard worker and possesses soft hands. Lane also has excellent quickness and home-run speed."

Dooley is finally gonna have his running game, can't wait. OL better and RB's potential is there, should be very interesting this year! GBO

Was that quote before or after his injury? I would guess before. The reason he has dropped so much in the rankings(over 200 spots) is because the rivals guys said they just kept giving him time to get it together...and he never did. Looks like he is ours now...we will see how it goes.

VN Store

Back