104.5 the Zone in the mornings is soooo bad.

Not sure why you feel that way. That’s become my favorite show ever.
Soooo dry. It’s trash. I don’t know anyone that listens to them in my circle. The show is 100 times better when he’s not there and his replacements are covering for him. The show is way more entertaining. Even Foster is more up beat when J Mart isn’t there.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Soooo dry. It’s trash. I don’t know anyone that listens to them in my circle. The show is 100 times better when he’s not there and his replacements are covering for him. The show is way more entertaining. Even Foster is more up beat when J Mart isn’t there.
I was only kidding with you. I have no idea who Jason Martin is and I do not know anything about 104.5 the Zone.
I’m just immature and juvenile sometimes.😜

Unless you want to wallow in useless titans information 24x7 then it is awful. The individuals seem to be good guys, but their content is terrible. Ron Slay and Ramon Foster add a little UT and/or college flavor occasionally.

Reactions: Incredible_duck
Unless you want to wallow in useless titans information 24x7 then it is awful. The individuals seem to be good guys, but their content is terrible. Ron Slay and Ramon Foster add a little UT and/or college flavor occasionally.
They’re bad bro. The crew before them wasn’t great either but they had tons of contacts to call the show which made it good.

without Mark Howard and George Plaster.....104.5 isn't very good anymore.
What are you even talking about? I loved Howard but it was time for them to shut that morning show down. It was stale and old. Plaster needs to only be on an AM station with 3 listeners that are all over 90. JMart and Ramon is a good listen and 104.5 is actually starting to trend int he right direction.

What are you even talking about? I loved Howard but it was time for them to shut that morning show down. It was stale and old. Plaster needs to only be on an AM station with 3 listeners that are all over 90. JMart and Ramon is a good listen and 104.5 is actually starting to trend int he right direction.
I'm not over 90:D

Reactions: feathersax
Sure buddy, then your soul is. lol :p
giphy-downsized.gif

A good listen? Nope. It’s 99% Titans mixed with Wrestlemania thrown in there.

The first few weeks that Jmart took over the show, he followed an hour of Clay Travis and he pretty much latched on to a lot of Clay’s takes. I didn’t think he was bad but he got blistered by a lot of liberal local media/influencers and he tucked tail, got hooked up RF, and now has a show that is so milquetoast I can’t listen to it. I normally listen to Bill King if I tune in local sports. Bill is almost all college football content but he’s so chummy with some of his regular, long time callers that a question about recruiting can easily veer into. 20-minute discussion on outdoor grilling. Kinda like an audio version of a VN thread.

The first few weeks that Jmart took over the show, he followed an hour of Clay Travis and he pretty much latched on to a lot of Clay’s takes. I didn’t think he was bad but he got blistered by a lot of liberal local media/influencers and he tucked tail, got hooked up RF, and now has a show that is so milquetoast I can’t listen to it. I normally listen to Bill King if I tune in local sports. Bill is almost all college football content but he’s so chummy with some of his regular, long time callers that a question about recruiting can easily veer into. 20-minute discussion on outdoor grilling. Kinda like an audio version of a VN thread.
The show is sooooo bad. Last week I believe he was on vacation and some guy and girl took his spot the whole week along with RF and the show was 100 times better. I got excited for a second and thought he quit or got fired, but nope. He’s back.

Reactions: FallCreekVols

What station does Bill King air on now? Anything would beat 104.5.

without Mark Howard and George Plaster.....104.5 isn't very good anymore.

I used to love George Plaster but the sports media world passed him by. He was ok when he made his first "comeback" on 102.5 but after a while his act starting to get boring. Then he made another comeback after his Belmont gig ended and I tried listening but it was really boring.

104.5 was pretty good back in the day, but honestly once Clay Travis left 3HL it started sucking. And I can't stand Clay Travis, but he played the heel/Jim Rome position very well. After he bolted it just wasn't the same. I've never thought Brent Dougherty was particularly good.

I used to love George Plaster but the sports media world passed him by. He was ok when he made his first "comeback" on 102.5 but after a while his act starting to get boring. Then he made another comeback after his Belmont gig ended and I tried listening but it was really boring.

104.5 was pretty good back in the day, but honestly once Clay Travis left 3HL it started sucking. And I can't stand Clay Travis, but he played the heel/Jim Rome position very well. After he bolted it just wasn't the same. I've never thought Brent Dougherty was particularly good.
Brent sucks too. But he’s definitely better than JMart.

The old show with Howard and the other guy was decent because they somewhat knew what they were talking about and had decent local contacts. I spent ten minutes listening to Martin rant about politics on his first day and the only reason I've listened to 104.5 since then is for live UT or titans games.

The old show with Howard and the other guy was decent because they somewhat knew what they were talking about and had decent local contacts. I spent ten minutes listening to Martin rant about politics on his first day and the only reason I've listened to 104.5 since then is for live UT or titans games.
No idea what side of the political spectrum he’s on. I’m a huge conservative and even if he was saying stuff I agree with I would have been pissed he brought politics to the show.

No idea what side of the political spectrum he’s on. I’m a huge conservative and even if he was saying stuff I agree with I would have been pissed he brought politics to the show.

He was on a covid rant when i listened. He had a 6pm show before that and had been kind of political there as well. He's entitled to his opinion, but thats not what I'm looking for in sports radio (especially when I'm trying to navigate through traffic on the way to work).

VN Store

Back