101 Neyland stadium replicas were seized at Norfolk port

Yep, they obviously have their Priorities...

I’m not a huge fan of our port customs either. About 10 years ago, pediatric endocrinologists up at Shands Children’s Hospital -UF and I were doing a clinical trial on the hormone, oxytocin, in young kids. The drug manufacturer in Europe shipped the drug through Miami but made a clerical error in some documentation. No amount of calls from either us or the manufacturers could convince the Customs group to release it and the drug eventually expired on the docks. We had to delay the trial another 2 years to get another shipment.

I’m not a huge fan of our port customs either. About 10 years ago, pediatric endocrinologists up at Shands Children’s Hospital -UF and I were doing a clinical trial on the hormone, oxytocin, in young kids. The drug manufacturer in Europe shipped the drug through Miami but made a clerical error in some documentation. No amount of calls from either us or the manufacturers could convince the Customs group to release it and the drug eventually expired on the docks. We had to delay the trial another 2 years to get another shipment.

Asinine. As usual , Government agencies -- total lack of common sense.

Quick update, one of the news stations in Knoxville is actually going to speak to Reginald and update with a new story that gives all the context. This is good news.
This is good news. This entire situation is so typical of the media to speak before they know the facts.
More clicks , more money for them.
Btw, one of the 101 taken seize was mine!
Been looking forward for this stadium for almost a year and now this.
Holding faith that this will be resolved, plugged replaced and all is good.
“ALL things work for the good, who loves God and called to his purpose!”
GO BIG ORANGE!!

I had a container ship of equipment come into the US and get confiscated by customs. There was a chip on a circuit board they didn't like. These had come over for years; however, I guess our number got pulled and they checked the container. Not only did they confiscate the three units with the bad chips, they also confiscated everything else in the same container. Stuff like this sucks; however, it is proof that Chinese made goods are crap and the manufacturers don't care in the least bit.

Brothers in orange, many of you may have seen news reports of 101 "counterfeit stadium replicas" of Neyland that were seized at customs. There is much more to the story, and the way it was communicated was misleading and harmful.

Reginald Rutledge is a passionate UT alum and engineer who has spent YEARS created architectural model stadiums out of his house. After making hundreds of custom orders, he decided to use one of his designs and have them reproduced for sale (and as you might guess, he chose Neyland). It is INCREDIBLE! It has lights, plays RockyTop, and even includes a small section of the Tennessee River (complete with field goal post from the Alabama game).

He worked with the University of Tennessee and had his product properly licensed by the CLC (collegiate licensing company) doing everything by the book. He and his wife Rose literally spent their life savings on this dream. Unbeknownst to them however, their manufacturer used the wrong plug, and that was discovered at customs.

So you would think a remedy would be easy, right? Take off the plug and send them to Reginald? Send them back to the manufacturer to replace? Nope. They instead wrote a story and publicized the seizure of "counterfeit stadium models" to get a few clicks. This story was picked up by all kinds of news outlets COMPLETELY MISREPRESENTING what happened. WVLT headline literally says, "101 fake models of Neyland Stadium seized by U.S. Customs."

Needless to say, Reginald and his wife Rose are devastated. This isn't some scam company using the trademarks of Tennessee to make a quick buck, and these certainly aren't counterfeit stadiums. This is a real artist, a real VFL, and a real human being who has been embarrassed and lied about all over the internet.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

1. Correct those who share this story misrepresenting the facts
2. Tweet replies to @DFOBaltimore and share how misleading and harmful his news release was to a sweet couple doing everything the right way
3. Contact news organizations who run this story and let them know they got it wrong

Many of you guys know me as the guys who shared my own Tennessee artwork years ago. I have so much respect for someone like Reginald putting their passion on display. To see what's happened to him makes me sick. Volnation, please help support your brother, and let him know you have his back. GBO!
Any way to order one of these from him?

I had a container ship of equipment come into the US and get confiscated by customs. There was a chip on a circuit board they didn't like. These had come over for years; however, I guess our number got pulled and they checked the container. Not only did they confiscate the three units with the bad chips, they also confiscated everything else in the same container. Stuff like this sucks; however, it is proof that Chinese made goods are crap and the manufacturers don't care in the least bit.

There are three big flaws in manufacturing these days. In order they are 1) Made 2) In 3) China.

Reactions: Tman44

VN Store

Back