10 Year Volnation Anniversary

Neyland Law Vol

10 years ago today i signed up for Volnation. I wanted to write this note to thank Freak for providing us this place to vent and to cheer for our Vols.

In January of 2009, Lane Kiffin had been hired just a month earlier, after the firing of long time head coach Phil Fulmer. Being born in 1978, prior to this time i had only known Vol football under two head coaches. Thus, the turmoil was new, and different, and i turned to Volnation to connect with other like minded Vol fans going through the same thing.

Well i could have never guessed all the things we would go through over the following 10 years after I signed up. While we have had a lot of fun chasing recruits and following coaching searches, most of the memories have been painful. From Kiffin's recruiting scandals, to him leaving us a year later, to hiring a 4-8 coach with only a last name, to 13 men on the field against LSU, to recruiting no offensive linemen in 2012, to all the heartbreaks against UF, to the rape trials against our players and Title IX lawsuits, to Butch Jones horrible cliches and embarrassing our program with trashcans and slogans, and then finally the 2017 coaching search that saw our AD fired in the process - it was a wild ride.

While it was wild, i am glad Volnation was here through it all. It took us full circle back to Coach Fulmer - this time as AD. I have to say i feel good about the direction of the program, and I'm excited about the future. I look forward to sharing the excitement that this program has to offer going forward with all of you here on this board.

Thanks for being here through all the hard times, and for all the fun we had in between.

Go Vols!

I hope his advertisers know how much time the fans spend on this site. During a good coaching search or during a hot recruiting period, this website stays up on my browser!

Well, if that's the criteria. Then I would say Google, Amazon, Facebook, and DrudgeReport etc have all been bringing up the rear for the past decade. :-\

I'd bet a lot less than you think. That is if you're like others that think he's buying yachts, Lamborghinis and private islands.
Low Budget Freak = Boats, Corvettes, and beachfront Caribbean homes...

Reactions: Behr
It would be cool for Freak to give us a top 10 list of the dates with the most traffic on Volnation over the past 10 years. Would be interesting to see.

Reactions: RollerVol
I signed up after returning from the Rose Bowl trip in 08. That caused the tear in the name. My Avi is Andy Whitfield as Spartacus!

Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back