'10 OH PF Adreian Payne

Would be really nice to land this kid especially with us losing Chism next year and Williams will be a senior. So we will need a big time big kid to come in and produce.

Do we even have a shot at him?

Him
Selby
McRae
Possibly Jackson

would seem like a pretty awesome recruiting class.

Sullinger is an Ohio State commit. I played against all these kids this past year.

Payne is a joke, and will most likely end up at Dayton. Honestly, he is one of the most overrated high school athletes I have ever seen. Payne is only rated so high because oh his height and possible potential. He likes to play on the perimeter, and never wants to post up inside, is weak, and scared to death of contact.

My teammate, Matt Kavanaugh, who is 6' 10'' and going to Dayton next year put up 20 points against Payne this year, and held Payne to 2 points. I kid you not, this is not a kid we want to focus all of our energy on.

No exaggeration, we beat Payne's team by 30. They are division 4 though I believe. We were D-1.

I told you the only reason he has that rating is because of his height and sliiiiiiiight athleticism for his size. He has a phobia of going inside. Typical case of a big man playing in D-4 ball. Don't waste your effort on him.

Adreian Payne has never seen a weight room in his life.

The kid has potential, but he has a loooooong way to go. He won't be ready for a big time program like Tennessee.

Adreian Payne has never seen a weight room in his life.

The kid has potential, but he has a loooooong way to go. He won't be ready for a big time program like Tennessee.

It seems like a lot of basketball players don't. Didn't Durant max out at like 135 on the bench?

Would be really nice to land this kid especially with us losing Chism next year and Williams will be a senior. So we will need a big time big kid to come in and produce.

:)Yes I agree with this guy!!
It is going to be a bummer when Chism is gone! With this kid, if he signs, I think it would help for the lost a little.

No exaggeration, we beat Payne's team by 30. They are division 4 though I believe. We were D-1.

You must play for Centerville. Well, you want everyone to think you play for Centerville at least.

The bolded part is the only thing correct in your entire rambling.

First thing first, Centerville beat Jefferson by 9 points. 68-59.

High school sports, Dayton area | Dayton Daily News

Second, Kavanaugh didn't have 20 points. He sat out most of the first half with fouls and might have scored 12-14 at most. Payne also sat out a lot with foul trouble (whistle happy refs) and scored like 8-10 points, not 2 as you claim.

Third, your assesment of Payne's game is way, way off. But judging by your lying so far, I'm not surprised.

In high school play Payne gets quadruple teamed every offensive possession, so he defers to his teammates most of the time. He crashes the boards and on the rare occasion he actually gets the ball down low, he gets fouled or dunks. High school play is almost unfair to him, because he's so much better than everyone else. Jefferson mostly faces a zone, and Payne sets up high to open up holes for dribble and pass penetration. He plays a team game. He's a very skilled passer, and great in transition for a guy his size.

In AAU play, everyone raves about him. He gets space to work and routinely excels against D-1 college recruits. There are any number of outlets (rivals, scout, etc) that back up this point.

For the record, Bill Self flew into Dayton the other day, and Roy Williams will visit in July. They aren't coming for a steak at the Pine Club. They're coming for Payne. The kid can almost name his college. But you must be right.

Last edited:
You must play for Centerville. Well, you want everyone to think you play for Centerville at least.

The bolded part is the only thing correct in your entire rambling.

First thing first, Centerville beat Jefferson by 9 points. 68-59.

High school sports, Dayton area | Dayton Daily News

Second, Kavanaugh didn't have 20 points. He sat out most of the first half with fouls and might have scored 12-14 at most. Payne also sat out a lot with foul trouble (whistle happy refs) and scored like 8-10 points, not 2 as you claim.

Third, your assesment of Payne's game is way, way off. But judging by your lying so far, I'm not surprised.

In high school play Payne gets quadruple teamed every offensive possession, so he defers to his teammates most of the time. He crashes the boards and on the rare occasion he actually gets the ball down low, he gets fouled or dunks. High school play is almost unfair to him, because he's so much better than everyone else. Jefferson mostly faces a zone, and Payne sets up high to open up holes for dribble and pass penetration. He plays a team game. He's a very skilled passer, and great in transition for a guy his size.

In AAU play, everyone raves about him. He gets space to work and routinely excels against D-1 college recruits. There are any number of outlets (rivals, scout, etc) that back up this point.

For the record, Bill Self flew into Dayton the other day, and Roy Williams will visit in July. They aren't coming for a steak at the Pine Club. They're coming for Payne. The kid can almost name his college. But you must be right.

Matt isnt a liar
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Last edited:
lol. if you can't lift 45 lbs then something is wrong with you.

That's what I originally thought too.

But that's what I've been told by some of the basketball players. Sadly, the ones that couldn't bench all that much were our better players.

I don't know that much about the kid who was the original subject of this thread. However, it looks as if it would be really nice to get him.

VN Store

Back