'10 ESPN150 release show on ESPNU

I guess Cobbs got ranked high because of his athletic ability and his huge upside. But he definitely is not as good as Ambles for WR at this time. From every thing I have read and the videos I have seen I would put Ambles and Prater as the two best WRs in the country. Prater has good size and hands, but Ambles might be the most dangerous, especially once he gets the ball.

I think a UT fan should look at who you can still get off that list. Rememer we have 20 for UA, LSU has 21, UGA has 18 commits already. UT probably has the best chance at some of the players left, and looking at the list their are a lot who have not commited yet. Remember it is who you sign on NSD that counts. Still way to early in the recruiting process for Kiffin and Co.

I also noticed Storm Johnson not showing commited, but I thought it was a done deal to LSU. He was suppose to go there and make it official on July 11th. Not sure what happened there.

I also noticed Storm Johnson not showing commited, but I thought it was a done deal to LSU. He was suppose to go there and make it official on July 11th. Not sure what happened there.

I think he tried to commit to LSU but they didn't take him for some reason. Not sure what happened exactly.

This is a terrible rating system. They have over ranked a bunch and missed a bunch. But I guess that is what is expected of ESPN.

wheres j smith?

Not in the top 150

He's ranked the #26 DE by ESPN.

Also note that they have Prater as the #8 WR and Fulton as a 2* (and ranked behind Jose Jose).

I don't really think I'll put too much stock in their ratings...

As a gator fan, even to me this list seems heavily skewed towards us. I know we are the darlings of ESPN right now but I think they should at least fairly evaluate these kids.

I really didn't know people looked at ESPN for recruiting besides their own bloggers.

Todd McBride or whatever that tool's name on ESPN is, said in an earlier show the reason Bryce Brown wasn't their #1 RB & Trent Richardson was, is because he played in KS instead of FL. That is a pretty bad reason for rankings. I guess according to him, all the good players will come from FL,TX, or CA. I know the competition might not be as good in some places, but he went against the best players in the country in the Army AA game & was the fastest,best, & most explosive player in that game. Those tools on ESPN are a joke.

The real problem is they are all tools, even the guys on Scout and Rivals. The only difference is that ESPN doesn't usually slant it towards a team like all the homers on Scout and Rivals that cover specific teams. When it is all said and done none of them really are any better than anyone on this site when making predictions except they might be privy to more video and info across the country. If every fan had the same resources we could all rate the players just as good.

If they do slant it towards a team it is because they have TV contracts with that team on ESPN/ABC. Especially with USC.

I thought even last year the rankings on ESPN were somewhat accurate but this years is pitiful to be honest. I think they should come out with them before the summer when players start commiting.

According to all the experts it seems this years crop is not as deep as last years. So maybe after the fall the pieces will be in the right order. They seem to have to many kids between 11-150 that about the same.

Yea this list is whack! Florida has 9 committed in the top 75?! That Kyle Prater ranking kills me even more though

VN Store

Back