10-8 Conference record,18-13 overall record..do

It'd help if we could get thru losing only 3 and have a win over one of the ranked oppoonents, UK or AU. That would prob do it.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Yea but the flip side is that our losses upcoming would be to really good teams....also the computer numbers should start to improve as we play those teams, win or lose.

In the old RPI world, that would be more true but in the new NET world, we probably need another good Q1 win to feel safe at 18 wins.

Another fact to consider is Memphis, Wisky, MS State, and Cincy are all bubble teams that have head to head on us.

I think if we get to 10-8, we will still need 1 in the SECT.

None of the tournament projections I've read really consider anyone in the SEC a "really good team". Heck one just now decided Auburn got off the bubble with its win over Bama. The only scenario I see us in is by winning the SEC tournament. Since it's been 41 years since we last won it, it'll either never happen again or we are due (take your pick).
I would immediately dismiss any ranking or projection that had a 21-2 Auburn team on the bubble.

I would immediately dismiss any ranking or projection that had a 21-2 Auburn team on the bubble.

Agreed that’s just dumb

But the thing I haven’t seen mentioned and it isn’t a good sign is the committee only had Auburn at a 4 seed and the only SEC team in their top 4 seeds last week. That’s a bad sign for the SEC

Reactions: MikeVol44
In the old RPI world, that would be more true but in the new NET world, we probably need another good Q1 win to feel safe at 18 wins.

Another fact to consider is Memphis, Wisky, MS State, and Cincy are all bubble teams that have head to head on us.

So is Alabama, South Carolina and Arkansas

Agreed that’s just dumb

But the thing I haven’t seen mentioned and it isn’t a good sign is the committee only had Auburn at a 4 seed and the only SEC team in their top 4 seeds last week. That’s a bad sign for the SEC

Kentucky at 23 in NET and LSU 28, you expected Top 16?

ACC- 3
BIG12- 3
BIGEAST- 3
BIG10- 2
PAC12- 1
SEC- 1
MWC- 1
WCC- 1
A10- 1

Well obviously I'm not on the selection committee so it's an opinion. I based my opinion on the fact that the SEC just isn't very strong.

The committee says that they don't compare across the conferences. Now, whether they actually do is probably another discussion. But our SOS will get us a look at 18-13. We could have easily played two other easy OOC games to pad the wins. But we didn't. Compared to Arkansas and Mississippi State, we have by far the best non-conference wins. VCU at 42 NET and Washington at 61 NET. Arkansas beat Indiana at 64 NET and MSU beat Kansas State at 91 NET.

Currently, we have either played or will play 12 (15 games) teams in the top 50 NET. Really strong.

We know the net isn’t the end all be all. We have an SEC team at 22-2 and a 4 seed. That’s not a good sign for the respect the SEC is going to get

I think it’s got waaaaay more to do with Auburn horrible OOC schedule than SEC respect...NET has them at 13 and so does the committee, seems like a pretty close comparison.

Memphis is playing itself out. Memphis and MSU have worse resumes than us.

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
That’s my point, as I’ve said nobody can make a definitive claim as far as the bubble goes...history suggests 18-13(10-8) and a 4th place finish in conference along with our computer numbers is more likely to get us in than have us out. However you are correct, it falls into the bubble area where you could find yourself sweating it.
Will they discount some of those number due to LaMonte being out and the numbers being padded a bit with him in? The games against Auburn and Kentucky will be huge. I think they gotta win at least 1 of them if not 2

Vols sniff the NCAA tourney in Dayton, Ohio ? If they win 4 of 7 remaining regular season games would That would be enough ? Can’t see the love for Arkansas considering their bad conference record. Announcers calling them a #9 seed
18-13 NIT, 19-12 NCAA IMO

I wish we had the FSU,Wisconsin,A&M,Cincy and a few other games we shoulda won. Vescovi is the real deal I see a future first rounder. Question is where does he fit with Jerry’s boy (Springer) and Keon next year. I would guess a lineup like Vescovi,Fulky,Springer,Keon and Pons but heck you got VB The foreign towers and so many more pieces to the puzzle.

Not sure how you get us going 4-3 in last 7. Afraid I think we lose twice to Auburn and once to Kentucky. Not sure about playing at SC, they do play much better at home so this Saturday is huge. Lose that game and we're 3-4 and then you're looking at an erratic Florida team. Yeah we get them at home but is JJ still out? Bowden and Fulk will have to come through. If we finish 3-4 out of the last 7 then we have to win 2 in the SEC tournament, just to get to 19 wins. Not sure that gets us in. Pretty much limping to the finish line. Losing Turner, the injury to JJ and the Bowden shooting slump has made this a tough season.

VN Store

Back