#1 Gonzaga vs #7 South Carolina - Final 4 Matchup

Why is ok for teams to be champions of life in basketball but not in football?

There's a difference between saying that at the Final Four versus saying that when you are going to the Music City Bowl after being picked to win the SEC East.

Reactions: 2 people
Zags were the better team.
SC milked everything they could get out of the end of this season and went out competitive on the biggest stage.

Very good season for them.

Are you a Gonzaga fan?

Does USCjr losing in the Final Four somehow make you feel better as a UT fan?

It's quite embarrassing that South Carolina of all schools can claim a final four run and UT still can't.

Pulling for UNC. Like how they've flourished since the one and done by landing the stars that stay a little longer.

Reactions: 2 people
Pulling for UNC. Like how they've flourished since the one and done by landing the stars that stay a little longer.

That's called not developing your players, not getting your stars to stay longer. Not one player coached at UNC under Roy has been an NBA All Star.

That's called not developing your players, not getting your stars to stay longer. Not one player coached at UNC under Roy has been an NBA All Star.

Two straight FF championship games says I don't care. This is college. They seem fairly developed. :)

Two straight FF championship games says I don't care. This is college. They seem fairly developed. :)

We'll see what happens tomorrow night. But it's not a program strategy. They recruit the same kids as Duke, Kentucky and Kansas and have missed on a bunch of them.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night. But it's not a program strategy. They recruit the same kids as Duke, Kentucky and Kansas and have missed on a bunch of them.

You recruit the best talent, for sure. But "settling" has been a hell of a consolation prize. In retrospect, Roy seems to be thankful for unanswered prayers. :)

If Huckleberry doesn't win tomorrow we'll see how happy those Tar Heel fans are with the recruiting. Obviously, tomorrow is huge for the program, but if they lose it's not going to be good down the road.

If Huckleberry doesn't win tomorrow we'll see how happy those Tar Heel fans are with the recruiting. Obviously, tomorrow is huge for the program, but if they lose it's not going to be good down the road.

Yeah, it sucks not winning the championship game. Dean Smith had a number of the most epic recruiting classes in history and won the exact same number of championships as Roy. They'll be just fine. :)

Yeah, it sucks not winning the championship game. Dean Smith had a number of the most epic recruiting classes in history and won the exact same number of championships as Roy. They'll be just fine. :)

It will take 2 more titles from Roy to reach the adulation that UNC fans have from Dean. Which is ridiculous, but true. They can win the same # and have one less than K.

Roy is an average coach that has been able to get good players to schools that normally get them.

Roy is an average coach that has been able to get good players to schools that normally get them.

I'm a Duke fan. Roy is a great coach. You don't go to back to back national title games and be average. Let alone win 2.

I'm a Duke fan. Roy is a great coach. You don't go to back to back national title games and be average. Let alone win 2.

Being a Duke fan isn't relevant. I'm not a fan of either.

He's a good recruiter and a pretty average coach.

It will take 2 more titles from Roy to reach the adulation that UNC fans have from Dean. Which is ridiculous, but true. They can win the same # and have one less than K.

One more than Cal...with all those NBA All Stars. Roy Williams loses tomorrow and tries to retire, the whole state begs him to reconsider. Supreme Court justices don't have his job security. :)

One more than Cal...with all those NBA All Stars. Roy Williams loses tomorrow and tries to retire, the whole state begs him to reconsider. Supreme Court justices don't have his job security. :)

Cal is average if you take away all his One & Dones away from him. If he had Barne's roster to work with, he wouldn't get them into the NCAA Tournament. I do think Williams is a great coach though.

Reactions: 1 person
Cal is average if you take away all his One & Dones away from him. If he had Barne's roster to work with, he wouldn't get them into the NCAA Tournament. I do think Williams is a great coach though.

You're on the right side. :thumbsup:

Eh.
Good recruit. Pretty average coach

Great at both. Average coaches don't win multiple championships and keep playing for others. Name an "average" coach that has done so.

VN Store

Back