#1 class?

Maxwell865

Welcome to the Nico Show
If Q gets a big boost in his composite ranking due to Rivals putting him close to top 150 + commit from Tamba, we could have the #1 class this year or close to it.

If Q gets a big boost in his composite ranking due to Rivals putting him close to top 150 + commit from Tamba, we could have the #1 class this year or close to it.
Gotta think when Tamba reclassifies he mighttt have the same rank Q does now. If Q got bumped to top 150 (use Jaquan Carlos for a comparison if you use the class calculator), our numerical on 247 is still not at 69 points. Maybe on Rivals we could pass them though, i didn’t do that math yet

This season will undoubtedly replace last year as the best recruiting haul in Tennessee history. However, even 2nd place nationally isn’t a lock. Duke could get one more four or five star recruit and pass us. Kentucky could do the same. Gonzaga has, at this moment, one five star recruit and two four stars, and they are expected to get the number one player when he announces soon.
Regardless, we should still finish in the top five.
Off-topic, I just spent some time lurking on some other SEC forums. After reading some comments on Rupp Rafters, why do I feel I need to go take a shower?

This season will undoubtedly replace last year as the best recruiting haul in Tennessee history. However, even 2nd place nationally isn’t a lock. Duke could get one more four or five star recruit and pass us. Kentucky could do the same. Gonzaga has, at this moment, one five star recruit and two four stars, and they are expected to get the number one player when he announces soon.
Off-topic, I just spent some time lurking on some other SEC forums. After reading some comments on Rupp Rafters, why do I feel I need to go take a shower?

I wouldn’t put last year’s class ahead of Grunfeld, Jackson, and Moss (1st year: 1973-74). 2020 might be better if they were in the same era but Grunfeld and MJ were 4 year players.

Last edited:
But Barnes can’t recruit. He is recruiting 5* busts and one and done bust!!!

But Barnes can’t recruit. He is recruiting 5* busts and one and done bust!!!
Hopefully his recruiting can get us to the elite 8 or at least sweet 16. Heck I would love to win the sec tournament . Recruiting a lot of 5 stars doesn’t guarantee great results. See Kentucky and duke the last few years. Got to have a great team, not great recruits.

Hopefully his recruiting can get us to the elite 8 or at least sweet 16. Heck I would love to win the sec tournament . Recruiting a lot of 5 stars doesn’t guarantee great results. See Kentucky and duke the last few years. Got to have a great team, not great recruits.

It’s true, but this year’s class isn’t just “best available”. They all fit into clear rolls and fill obvious needs.

But having great/good recruits helps building a team. Even Coach K and Cal need recruits that are of a certain mold for them to be able to be the coaches they are.

With what we'll be putting on the floor this season talent-wise, I don't see how this team could rate only a 4 seed in the Big Dance.
Covid and/or some other misfortune along the way notwithstanding, of course.
A 4 seed is still one of the top 16 teams in the entire country. I could definitely see it.

Class ranking just doesn't excite me as much as the players themselves. I'd much rather fill our positions of need than end up with the number one class. If both happen, that's a cherry on top of the sundae moment, but as long as we fill our holes (no dirty thoughts) with quality players, that's a win.

VN Store

Back