#1 Alabama @ Texas

I tell ya, I have been following college football since the mid-60s, and I can only recall a time or two that I have ever pulled for Bama ... but I really don't like the shorthorns.

I respect the disdain you have for rival teams
CBS Way To Early bowl projections had A&M and Baylor playing in the Sugar Bowl at the end of this season. If we don't make it to the playoffs I would love to see this happen. We would have easily pounded aggy last year and I'm pretty sure we can do it this season too. Without Winston Jimbo is highly overrated. Aggy's win against Bama last year was just blind luck when you consider the teams they lost to. They damned near lost to Colorado and nobody does that. 👍

Last edited:
I tell ya, I have been following college football since the mid-60s, and I can only recall a time or two that I have ever pulled for Bama ... but I really don't like the shorthorns.
I won't be today, go Texas! Though in reality, they probably going to get spanked.

Texas fanbase is probably the worst behind Georgia.

They still think they’re relevant.

Bama has Saban whom I can’t stand to listen too anymore.

I couldn’t care less about the outcome of this game.

I haven't watched Gameday in a number of years, but tuned in today because of Bama-Texas and of course UT-Pitt. I had forgotten just how much Gameday loves to slobber all over Alabama and Nick Saban. The "Alabama will smoke them" attitude and constant fawning they're displaying over Alabama is a good reminder of why I don't miss this rotten pile of a once great show.

And then to top it off, they even had a segment with the former head coaches turned into Bama assistants, and wouldn't you know it? They asked Butch Jones how much he made at Tennessee - "Four million dollars" - and then asked him how much he made his first year at Alabama - "Three thousand dollars." - with that little smirk on his face. Bah. This show.

I hate Bama and dislike TX...I may turn to Penn State game :eek: instead of watching Bama win :rolleyes: Ughhh!!

First time ever rooting for Texas.

Beat Bama!
2nd time? Or maybe you're young. 🤷🏻 They met in championship game to finish off Bamas undefeated season with Greg McElroy at qb. I remember that being like our 2001 SEC title game. Anyone that looked at our program saw Fulmer had peaked and now the descent, that game Bama vs Texas Championship game was that for Mack Brown.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back