'09 Baskteball Recruiting Class

Is Jurick really that bad? I haven't watched any tape of him or seen anything, but I know he's got no offensive game just from warmups. Is he a terrible defender too?

I would clap and cheer if Woolridge transferred. Take his scholly and give it to a decent 3. One that doesn't jack three's from 5 feet behind the line. He's the one player I dislike more than JP (who can have some great games every once in a while). And I never thought I'd be able to say I disliked a player more than JP.

I would clap and cheer if Woolridge transferred. Take his scholly and give it to a decent 3. One that doesn't jack three's from 5 feet behind the line. He's the one player I dislike more than JP (who can have some great games every once in a while). And I never thought I'd be able to say I disliked a player more than JP.

It's pretty classless to dog players who are giving it all for TN. You might question how good of a player they are and talk about how they don't play smart ball, but to say you "hate them" is just plain wrong. These are young men who are one year removed from HIGH SCHOOL! These are not mature, professional athletes (although I would never "hate" any athlete). hey I'm pretty passionate about UT sports, but I really try to keep things in perspective. These are college athletes and they are playing a game. Hey, I'm a big BP fan and very glad we have him, but if you want to blame someone for the way a particular player is playing, blame him. It's the coaches job to teach them how to play, and if they don't follow his coaching, to put his butt on the bench.

They aren't among the guys I'm counting on being off the roster.

When do all of these players leaving/transferring/getting kicked off/not graduating start to catch up to us and cost us scholarships? Isn't there an NCAA rule, like the APR or something that would eventually impact our basketball team if we aren't graduating players?

It's pretty classless to dog players who are giving it all for TN. You might question how good of a player they are and talk about how they don't play smart ball, but to say you "hate them" is just plain wrong. These are young men who are one year removed from HIGH SCHOOL! These are not mature, professional athletes (although I would never "hate" any athlete). hey I'm pretty passionate about UT sports, but I really try to keep things in perspective. These are college athletes and they are playing a game. Hey, I'm a big BP fan and very glad we have him, but if you want to blame someone for the way a particular player is playing, blame him. It's the coaches job to teach them how to play, and if they don't follow his coaching, to put his butt on the bench.

1) Woolridge very obviously does not give his all.

2) never said I hated him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

your definetly pullin sh!t out of your @$$. Just tryin to make people think you know what your talkin about as usual.
As usual, a post befitting what you usually contribute. Here's a wager, if Tennessee has at least 2 current players on the roster transfer/be dismissed/leave, you kill yourself.

When do all of these players leaving/transferring/getting kicked off/not graduating start to catch up to us and cost us scholarships? Isn't there an NCAA rule, like the APR or something that would eventually impact our basketball team if we aren't graduating players?
They keep tweaking the APR rules. As long as the people who leave are in good academic standing when they go, you're in pretty good shape. That's one of the many reasons Tim Floyd sings OJ Mayo's praises. Mayo continued to go to class and make respctable grades the second semester last season, even though it was a certainty he was headed to the NBA.

your definetly pullin sh!t out of your @$$. Just tryin to make people think you know what your talkin about as usual.
Yeah, my track record here is rife with examples of me just pulling things out of the air. Your posts, however, do exhibit that you are the type of uninformed, disconnected homer who will kiss the arse of any mediocre coach who has a modicum of success at Tennessee.

As usual, a post befitting what you usually contribute. Here's a wager, if Tennessee has at least 2 current players on the roster transfer/be dismissed/leave, you kill yourself.

Possibly the funniest thing I have ever read on here. Good stuff.

Back to players leaving, I would love for Tatum to be gone. He is just terrible basketball player.

You cannot tell me that there is not a multitude of players out there that can shoot and play d. Honestly, Pearl has recruited a team that has amazing length and should be thriving defensively in his system. However for whatever reason we can't play defense. If you look at our seasons the past couple years, our big bursts of offense were created by defense.

They keep tweaking the APR rules. As long as the people who leave are in good academic standing when they go, you're in pretty good shape. That's one of the many reasons Tim Floyd sings OJ Mayo's praises. Mayo continued to go to class and make respctable grades the second semester last season, even though it was a certainty he was headed to the NBA.

Thanks for the info as always. I was not aware of the change. That does seem a lot more reasonable. And props to Mayo for doing it the right way.

Wasn't it Ramar Smith that did the same thing at Tennessee?

Yeah, my track record here is rife with examples of me just pulling things out of the air. Your posts, however, do exhibit that you are the type of uninformed, disconnected homer who will kiss the arse of any mediocre coach who has a modicum of success at Tennessee.

except for the fact that i dont make bs claims and expect everyone to believe me...

1) Woolridge very obviously does not give his all.

2) never said I hated him.

1- If he doesn't give his all than it's CBP's responsibility to teach him to play harder or not play him.

2- "hate" or "dislike" = same difference. I feel like I'm talking to my kids here.

The point is, under these circumstances I think it is inappropriate to dog a 18 year old kid because he can't shoot the ball like we want him to- or in my opinion, the coach is asking him to do something that he obviously is not ready/able to do. I think he is probably playing out of position. The kid is 6'8 or 6'9 and not a guard. Put him under the basket where his size can truly be an advantage. He is at a disadvantage on the defensive end, and his size is at best neutral in his ability to shoot the long ball.
I'm as upset as anyone at the way this team is playing but lets not disparage these young kids who have decided to play for our team (even if they don't seem to play as hard as we'd like).

ok first of all everyone needs to quit bad mouthing any player on the tennessee team! they are young and they are immature but this season is helping them grow. i have talked to woolridge and he is not leaving neither is anyone else! i would like to see one of you all play and lets bad mouth you on here and tell you how bad you are! give them time to GROW! they will do fine next year and they will make the tournament this year so quit your complaining!

The season is about over. The young excuse doesn't cut it anymore.

And its not the fact that they aren't good, it's the fact that almost no one on the team has shown any improvement throughout the year. A few are even regressing it seems like.

Wasn't it Ramar Smith that did the same thing at Tennessee?
I'm not sure what kind of academic standing Ramar and Duke left in. I wouldn't be surprised if Ramar left in good standing. His grades at UT weren't, on the whole, a huge problem.

ok first of all everyone needs to quit bad mouthing any player on the tennessee team! they are young and they are immature but this season is helping them grow. i have talked to woolridge and he is not leaving neither is anyone else! i would like to see one of you all play and lets bad mouth you on here and tell you how bad you are! give them time to GROW! they will do fine next year and they will make the tournament this year so quit your complaining!

solid post, welcome

Ok seriously stop using the "they are young" excuse. These guys have had played almost an entire season now. They are no longer young. The fact is, they are lazy and refuse to play defense. These guys are all plenty capable of doing what needs to be done, they just wont do it. Plain and simple.

There might be a multitude that can shoot the three and play d, however they might not want to come to UT. It is not as if Tennessee has been a basketball juggernaut for years. The players we have is what you get when you get put out in the sweet 16. Thats not a knock on anybody but it is the truth. These players are gonna be good college players, you have to give them time.

i think you are very right but the season is not over yet! i believer we can make a big run into the tournament they have not peaked yet and they are fixing to you all have to believer people!

VN Store

Back