07 Tennessee Recruiting Board

Chattownsfinest

Hey guys I'm gonna make a recruiting board for all the recruiting heads on here. This is just going to be all the guys who will visit or have visited, not the long shots. Scout is horrible so all the info is from Rivals. I'll list each guy, position, level of interest, etc and update it. Let me know what you think.

2007 Tennessee Recruiting Board

committed
high priority
low priority

QB
BJ Coleman ***

RB
Daryl Vareen ***
Josh Hawkins ***
Dennis Rogan ***
Lennon Creer ****
UT/OU
Dale Martin ***
IOWA/UF/UT/WIS

FB
Kevin Cooper ***

WR
Kenny O'Neal *****
Brent Vinson *****
Gerald Jones ****
Todd Campbell ***
Tyler Maples ***
Dwight Jones *****
UNC (committed)/CU/UF/UT
Ahmad Paige ****
FSU (committed)/UF/UT/USC/UGA

TE

OL
Darris Sawtelle ****
Cody Pope **

DE
Gerald Williams ****
Rufus Williams ***
Carlos Dunlap *****
SC/UF/UT
Ben Martin ****
OSU/UT/ND/UF
Sidell Corley ****
UF (committed)/UA/UT
Rae Sykes ****
LSU/FSU/UT
Kourtnei Brown ***
UA (committed)/UT/CU

DT
Donald Langley ****
Rolando Melancon ****
UT/UA/OM/LSU
Luther Davis ****
LSU/FSU/LOU/UT/OU
William Brimfield ***
SC/UT/NC/CU

LB
Chris Walker ****
DeShaun Barnes ***
Savion Frazier **
Chris Donald *****
UT/ND

DB
Anthony Anderson ***
C.J. Fleming ***
Art Evans ***
DeAngelo Willingham ***
Eric Berry *****
UT/OSU/UGA/USC/AU
Michael McNeil ****
FSU/UA/AU/UT
Stefoin Francois ****
LSU/UT/FSU/ARK
Harrison Smith ****
ND/UT

ATH
Travaris Cadet ***
UT/NC/USF/NCS

Hey guys I'm gonna make a recruiting board for all the recruiting heads on here. This is just going to be all the guys who will visit or have visited, not the long shots. Scout is horrible so all the info is from Rivals. I'll list each guy, position, level of interest, etc and update it. Let me know what you think.

2007 Tennessee Recruiting Board

committed
high priority
low priority

QB
BJ Coleman ***

RB
Daryl Vareen ***
Josh Hawkins ***
Dennis Rogan ***
Lennon Creer ****
UT/OU
Dale Martin ***
IOWA/UF/UT/WIS

FB
Kevin Cooper ***

WR
Kenny O'Neal *****
Brent Vinson *****
Gerald Jones ****
Todd Campbell ***
Tyler Maples ***
Dwight Jones *****
UNC (committed)/CU/UF/UT
Ahmad Paige ****
FSU (committed)/UF/UT/USC/UGA

TE

OL
Darris Sawtelle ****
Cody Pope **

DE
Gerald Williams ****
Rufus Williams ***
Carlos Dunlap *****
SC/UF/UT
Ben Martin ****
OSU/UT/ND/UF
Sidell Corley ****
UF (committed)/UA/UT
Rae Sykes ****
LSU/FSU/UT
Kourtnei Brown ***
UA (committed)/UT/CU

DT
Donald Langley ****
Rolando Melancon ****
UT/UA/OM/LSU
Luther Davis ****
LSU/FSU/LOU/UT/OU
William Brimfield ***
SC/UT/NC/CU

LB
Chris Walker ****
DeShaun Barnes ***
Savion Frazier **
Chris Donald *****
UT/ND

DB
Anthony Anderson ***
C.J. Fleming ***
Art Evans ***
DeAngelo Willingham ***
Eric Berry *****
UT/OSU/UGA/USC/AU
Michael McNeil ****
FSU/UA/AU/UT
Stefoin Francois ****
LSU/UT/FSU/ARK
Harrison Smith ****
ND/UT

ATH
Travaris Cadet ***
UT/NC/USF/NCS

when looking at this, what concerns me are a lack of commits at DT and OL. those are probably the 2 places we need the most help and we are not getting it yet.

The OL has a lot of young talent. We will have one of the best OL next. McClendon, Young, Parker, McNeil, Ramon Foster, and Chris Scott with a bunch more good subs will anchor the line. Frogg will also probably play some guard. The DL will be a lot better next year also. Watch and see.

The OL has a lot of young talent. We will have one of the best OL next. McClendon, Young, Parker, McNeil, Ramon Foster, and Chris Scott with a bunch more good subs will anchor the line. Frogg will also probably play some guard. The DL will be a lot better next year also. Watch and see.

i will watch and see, but i don't think there will be much difference. our o-line was pushed around by every good team we played this year and there run blocking was terrible. our D-line was a joke. o-line may come together, but our d-line needs help really bad. really bad in the middle. number one need.

Mapu and Bolden will start at DT next year. Both of them will have great years anchoring the line. With Reynolds, Mitchell, and Ayers coming back at DE, I think our DL will be much improved also.

Mapu and Bolden will start at DT next year. Both of them will have great years anchoring the line. With Reynolds, Mitchell, and Ayers coming back at DE, I think our DL will be much improved also.

sorry i have to disagree. bolden looks like a bust and for the most part mapu looks the same. if thats what we got we are in trouble again.

Champy, remember Mapu has been on a mission for 2 years and not working out. Give him an offseason to lift and I think he will be fine. I agree on Bolden, although he looked good at times. Both lines need to stay in Knoxville over the summer and lift, lift, lift. We need some strength in both lines.

I'll list each guy, position, level of interest, etc and update it. Let me know what you think.

That is a nice format for all of us interested in recruiting but that don't keep up with it as closely as...ahem...some of the more fanatical recruiting followers on the board.

Thanks for the good work :thumbsup:

sorry i have to disagree. bolden looks like a bust and for the most part mapu looks the same. if thats what we got we are in trouble again.

I recall some said Bolden would never, never see the field. All he did was keep getting better as the year went along. I think he'll be a force next year and I think Mapu comes back in great shape and shows why he played as a true freshman.
Thanks for this recruiting update ChattTown.

UT's line this year worked all year to develop depth with a bunch of young players. Next year, it pays dividends. Anytime you depend that heavily on Fr and Soph you are going to be limited. Sears is a significant loss. Ligon not so much. If the OL guys stay hungry during the off-season, they could easily come back as one of the top units in the SEC.

The biggest concern I see on the DL isn't the first 2 DT's and first 3 DE's but depth.

Bolden got better and better as the year went along and was becoming a force at the end. He is nowhere near a bust but has taken a little longer to develop. Mapu was an all SEC type performer before he left. He came in straight off missions having lost weight and strength. The only working out he'd done for two years is riding a bike. These guys should be very good as should Reynolds, Ayers, and Mitchell. Wes Brown and Walter Fisher will figure in here somewhere as well. Fisher may be a surprise player before its all over with.

But they have to find someone else who can play DT. They really need to score a top DT or even a JUCO DT.

VN Store

Back