FB- Corey Anderson
WR- Robert Meachem, Jayson Swain, Brett Smith, Chris Hannon, C.J. Fayton,
TE- Chris Brown

-Defense-
FS- Jason Allen
CB- RoShawn Fellows and Johnathan Hefney
SS- Antwan Stewart possibly
MLB- Kevin Simon
OLB- Jason Mitchell, Marvin Mitchell, Daniel Brooks.
DE- Parys Haralson...
DT- Jesse Mahalona...

This is just a rough estimate of who might be there what do some of you experts think

Jason allen wants to move back to corner, but i dont know if he will actually play there when the season begins. I'm sure the coaches will want to get Demetrice Morley on the field as soon as possible so I think he will start at either safety or corner by mid-season.

But thats justs my opinion.

-OFFENSE-
QB- Erik Ainge
RB- Gerald Riggs
FB- Corey Anderson
WR- Jayson Swain, Chris Hannon
TE- Chris Brown
OT- Aaron Sears, Albert Toeaina
OG- Rob Smith, Cody Douglas
OC- Richie Gandy

-Defense-
FS- Demetrice Morley
CB- RoShawn Fellows or Antwan Stewart and Jason Allen
SS- Antwan Stewart or Corey Campbell
MLB- Kevin Simon
OLB- Jason Mitchell, Omar Gaither
DE- Parys Haralson, Jason Hall or Turk McBride
DT- Jesse Mahalona, Justin Harrell or Tony McDaniel

Allen was garunteed to play CB this fall by both Chavis and Fulmer. M Mitchell is going to need alot of help to be eligible this fall plus he's a Middle Linebacker, Brooks has proved nothing yet so nothing needs to be said there and Gaither has proven himself and the others aren't even close.

Does anyone know if Kevin Simon will get a medical reshirt for last year since he got hurt in the Florida game?

That is up to him and if he wants he can file at the end of the 2005 season.

my predictions:
QB: Ainge,Clausen(Schaeffer will transfer and Crompton will redshirt)
RB: Riggs, Williams, Foster, Coker
FB: Anderson
WR: Meachem, Hannon, Fayton, Smith
TE: Brown, Cottam
LT: Sears
LG: Smith
C: Gandy
RG: Douglas
RT: Toeaina

RE: Hall
DT: Mahelona
DT: Harrell
ROLB: Brooks
MLB: Simon
LOLB: Gaither
CB: Fellows and Hefney
FS: Allen
SS: Campbell, Morley

I think we rotate qbs again because it worked last year. Riggs will get about 70% of the carries but others will see carries. ( UT always uses at least 3 backs a game) I think we will rotate WRs again this year with Meachem being the go-to guy. If the line stays healthy, we have and chance to be really good. Same thing goes for the D-line. Linebackers are strong except for ROLB where Brooks will play.(Has a lot of potential though) I believe the secondary will be really good if Allen stays @ FS.

Originally posted by MattVol@Feb 16, 2005 9:50 PM
I believe the secondary will be really good if Allen stays @ FS.

The coaches promised Allen that he would be able to play CB again if he came back.

i dont know why everyone is soo hell bent of foster bein the number 2 guy... i dont think he's gonna be that great i think coker will be better.. Foster was only a 3 star prospect comming into UT and i think coker will be better then him... on that note dont put out david yancey ,, he had some explosive runs late in the games some this year. Allen should move back to corner ... DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT KR OR PR for next year?????????????

just because he was only a three star coming out doesnt mean anything. Ainge was a three star, that must mean all the qb's ahead of him our better than him because scout.com rated him the 17th qb. All im trying to say is that it doesnt matter how highly recruited you are, it matters about how you have made the transition from high school to college. And so far from what I heard, Foster has done really well.

Ainge was a three star on Scout, and to be frank, their rankings are reatarded. He was a four star on Rivals, though.

the transition does have a lot to do with it... but on rivals he was a 3 star and lamarcus coker was a 4 star and in the top 10 atleast.... i think coker will do better but we'll see

QB- Erik Ainge
RB- Gerlad Riggs
FB- Cory Anderson
WR- Robert Meachem, Chris Hannon, CJ Fayton
WR- Bret Smith, Jayson Swain
TE- Chris Brown, Brad Cottam, Justin Reed, Jeff Cottam
OT- Albert Toeaina
OG- Cody Douglas
C- Rob Smith (Since Gandy may be gone)
OG- Eric Young
OT- Aaron Sears

DE- Parys Haralson
DT- Jesse Mahelona
DT- Turk McBride
DE- Jason Hall
OLB- Jason Mitchell
MLB- Kevin Simon
OLB- Omar Gaither
CB- Jason Allen
FS- Corey Campbell
SS- Demetrice Morely ( we need help right away )
CB- Antwan Stewart

P- Britton Colquitt
PK- James Wilhoit

VN Store

Back