⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

I like seeing a lot of Vols playing on the same summer team, it builds chemistry for the upcoming season.

All 5 of these players have been getting a lot of minutes for Tennessee SC.

Nolyn Bartholomew Forward

1F8D600E-FC59-4684-B9E9-1CA1B2379740.jpeg

Ava Weimer (22) Defender

E07B0255-5DC8-48EA-9A16-00D61350D4D3.jpeg

Ally Brown (22) Defender

65042885-0440-4D6E-B954-3987A6C02D9E.jpeg

Kennedy Price (22) Defender

61F4D4AD-FA44-41C9-BA59-E8AE5749FD53.jpeg

Keaton Mitchell (23) Midfielder

6B3D898A-F9AC-4A09-9EBD-2646B7250135.jpeg

Here is a link to their past games from this summer.

Tennessee SC

VFL Michelle Alozie on the left is representing Nigeria in the 2022 Women's African Cup of Nations taking place in Morocco.

0C866317-7163-47F8-AF9C-E8A5DAEC0511.jpeg

0F958B23-B802-48C6-B1F3-EC72EBBD987B.jpeg
D49F0165-CD81-4719-A4DB-73CCF2CE446E.jpeg
277383D2-ABD4-4C0B-B88D-57F2D14594FE.jpeg

#11 VFL Bunny Shaw will be representing Jamaicain the CONCACAF Women’s Championship

AD61CC74-8A7E-458D-9A83-F9B76C735B60.jpegBD2FF3B7-FE91-4F0D-8FA6-C028D70A8F41.jpeg37196CF0-4E17-4AFE-A6E7-74A6144F6D57.jpeg

Thanks for the link to the Tennessee Soccer Club summer matches. I watched a lot of one of them, hoping to see some future Vols in action. Brown and Price were starters but they weren't mentioned much and it was hard to get a read on their play, and the game wasn't really all that good. But glad they're all getting some minutes against better competition.

University of Tennessee

2022 Soccer Schedule

Aug 9 (Tue) 6 PM Neutral University of Notre Dame Louisville, Ky.

Aug 13 (Sat) 2 PM Home University of Dayton TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Aug 18 (Thu) 7 PM Away University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, NC

Aug 21 (Sun) 1 PM Home Southern Methodist University TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Aug 25 (Thu) 7 PM Home Duke University TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Aug 31 (Wed) 7 PM Home Bowling Green TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Sep 4 (Sun) 7 PM Home Tennessee Tech University TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Sep 8 (Thu) 6:30 PM Home Kennesaw State University TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Sep 11 (Sun) 1 PM Home Queens University of Charlotte TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Sep 16 (Fri) 7 PM Away University of Florida Gainesville, FL

Sep 22 (Thu) 6 PM Home University of Alabama TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Sep 25 (Sun) 1 PM Away University of Kentucky Lexington, KY

Sep 30 (Fri) 8 PM Away University of Mississippi Oxford, Miss

Oct 6 (Thu) 7 PM Home University of Missouri TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Oct 9 (Sun) 4 PM Away University of Georgia Athens, Ga.

Oct 14 (Fri) 7 PM Home Louisiana State University TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Oct 20 (Thu) TBD Away Auburn University Auburn, AL

Oct 23 (Sun) 1 PM Home University of South Carolina TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Oct 27 (Thu) 6:30 PM Home Vanderbilt University TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Oct 30 (Sun) TBA Neutral SEC Tournament Pensacola, Fla. (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Nov 11 (Fri) TBA Neutral NCAA First Round TBD (Regal Soccer Stadium)

Nov 18 (Fri) TBA Neutral NCAA Second & Third Rounds TBD

Nov 25 (Fri) TBA Neutral NCAA Quarterfinals TBD

Dec 2 (Fri) TBA Neutral NCAA College Cup Cary, N.C.

Tennessee Tech and Queens University--a school I've never heard of and that's in its first year of transition to Div 1 (Atlantic Sun)--could hurt our RPI this year, I'm afraid. Queens had a very good soccer record last year--but it was an FCS school and so played other small colleges like Catawba, Mars Hill and mighty Clayton State. It's jumping up in class this year, so who knows how it will fare--maybe not so well.

I don't know why Tennessee feels compelled to schedule Tennessee Tech every year when there are a ton of schools with higher RPIs that would still
be quite beatable, wouldn't hurt our RPI--AND would be more interesting. There is a school of thought that scheduling a smaller-conference team can actually help a bigger school's RPI a bit if the smaller-conference team does well/very well in its conference. In other words, if Tennessee Tech were to have a very good overall and Ohio Valley Conference record this year, it might be considered a savvy scheduling decision--but I doubt that happens. It's RPI last year was 177.

IMO there's never enough middle-ground in our non-conference schedule. Usually, our non-conference schedule is weak--and some years it's been very weak (we've often played both Tennessee Tech and Middle Tennessee as part of our non-conference schedule, along with at least two other creampuffs). This year is almost the opposite---some very tough games with UNC, Duke and SMU--but I still dislike throwaway games. I presume the Notre Dame match is an exhibition since it's our very first game, coming before the exhibition with Dayton.

As for our SEC schedule, it seems rather favorable. We play at least three of what will probably be tougher opponents at home--Vandy, LSU and South Carolina. The other two home games--bama and missouri--are winnable, certainly, if we play to our level, though it should be noted that bama always gives us more trouble than it should. Our first two away games--against florida and kentucky--are really must-win games as both of those programs have struggled in recent years and have new coaches. Ole Miss and Auburn will be tough away matches because they are well-coached and typically play above their talent level. Last year had me very worried because four of our toughest opponents were away games--but we overcame it.

With the Women's Euro Championship starting tomorrow and the college season only a month away, roughly, I'm pumped. Should be exciting!

Tennessee Tech and Queens University--a school I've never heard of and that's in its first year of transition to Div 1 (Atlantic Sun)--could hurt our RPI this year, I'm afraid. Queens had a very good soccer record last year--but it was an FCS school and so played other small colleges like Catawba, Mars Hill and mighty Clayton State. It's jumping up in class this year, so who knows how it will fare--maybe not so well.

I don't know why Tennessee feels compelled to schedule Tennessee Tech every year when there are a ton of schools with higher RPIs that would still
be quite beatable, wouldn't hurt our RPI--AND would be more interesting. There is a school of thought that scheduling a smaller-conference team can actually help a bigger school's RPI a bit if the smaller-conference team does well/very well in its conference. In other words, if Tennessee Tech were to have a very good overall and Ohio Valley Conference record this year, it might be considered a savvy scheduling decision--but I doubt that happens. It's RPI last year was 177.

IMO there's never enough middle-ground in our non-conference schedule. Usually, our non-conference schedule is weak--and some years it's been very weak (we've often played both Tennessee Tech and Middle Tennessee as part of our non-conference schedule, along with at least two other creampuffs). This year is almost the opposite---some very tough games with UNC, Duke and SMU--but I still dislike throwaway games. I presume the Notre Dame match is an exhibition since it's our very first game, coming before the exhibition with Dayton.

As for our SEC schedule, it seems rather favorable. We play at least three of what will probably be tougher opponents at home--Vandy, LSU and South Carolina. The other two home games--bama and missouri--are winnable, certainly, if we play to our level, though it should be noted that bama always gives us more trouble than it should. Our first two away games--against florida and kentucky--are really must-win games as both of those programs have struggled in recent years and have new coaches. Ole Miss and Auburn will be tough away matches because they are well-coached and typically play above their talent level. Last year had me very worried because four of our toughest opponents were away games--but we overcame it.

With the Women's Euro Championship starting tomorrow and the college season only a month away, roughly, I'm pumped. Should be exciting!

I'm super excited with the Women's Euro too! Did you see where it was just confirmed today that Alexia Putellas tore her ACL which is a huge blow for Spain?

Reactions: MAD
I'm super excited with the Women's Euro too! Did you see where it was just confirmed today that Alexia Putellas tore her ACL which is a huge blow for Spain?
Ditto, been super excited as well. That’s devastating news about Putellas.

Kirt Announces 2022 Slate

2F6D592E-9478-4EBA-A985-5012AA48ACC6.jpeg

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – In head coach Joe Kirt's first year at the helm, Tennessee will look to build off the success it found in 2021 when the squad posted UT's first 20-win season en route to its second straight SEC East Division title and the program's first SEC Tournament Championship since 2008.

The 2022 campaign is set to begin on Aug. 9 at 6 p.m. ET with an exhibition match against Notre Dame to be played at Lynn Family Sports Vision and Training Center in Louisville. Including the preseason matchup against Notre Dame, UT's opponent lineup will feature contests against six teams that finished in the Top-25 in the final 2021 rankings.

Tennessee will open the season at home with Dayton (Aug. 13) before hitting the road for a Thursday night matchup at North Carolina (Aug. 18). UT will then enjoy a six-game homestand, hosting SMU (Aug. 21), Duke (Aug. 25), Bowling Green (Aug. 31), Tennessee Tech (Sept. 4), Kennesaw State (Sept. 8) and Queens University (Sept. 11).

In conference play, UT will welcome five teams to Regal Stadium, facing Alabama (Sept. 22), Missouri (Oct. 6), LSU (Oct. 14), South Carolina (Oct. 23), and Vanderbilt (Oct. 27).

The SEC Tournament will be in Pensacola, Fla., for the first time this season, having previously been held in Orange Beach, Ala., for 18 of the last 19 seasons. The conference tournament will begin on Oct. 30 and run through Nov. 6. The first four rounds of NCAA Tournament action will be hosted at campus sites, with the NCAA Women's College Cup set for Dec. 2-4 in Cary, N.C.

Tennessee, which advanced to the NCAA Round of 16 and finished the 2021 season ranked No. 11, returns 10 of 11 starters from that historic campaign, including All-American Jaida Thomas and SEC Freshman of the Year Taylor Huff. Additionally, UT adds 10 signees that were collectively ranked the No. 6 recruiting class in the country.

"We are excited to get back on the field this fall," said Kirt. "The majority of last year's SEC Championship squad is returning, and we are bringing in a very talented group of players in our 2022 class. Our team is excited for our non-conference slate, knowing it is great preparation for the league games that follow."

The entire 2022 schedule may be viewed online.

They must have changed the Dayton match to a regular season game.

I highly recommend tuning into the Women’s Euro 2022.
It’s going to be the biggest womens European sporting event ever with over half a million tickets already sold.

The first match is tomorrow (Wednesday) and features the hosts England vs Austria in Manchester in front of 70,000 fans.
ESPN2 @ 3 PM

VN Store

Back