⚽️ LADY VOLS SOCCER

This was SMU’s goal against Tennessee in the first half. Came off of a set piece from an unnecessary foul by the Vols.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Like @lvocd grew up in the rural south. Played basketball the entire year until the gym was locked in the summer. American Leagion Baseball filled the void. Soccer was not an option. So my opinions are formulated on limited knowledge and a clear understanding of that fact. Appreciate @turbovol, @mad4vols, and @StrangeVol analysis and insights.

However, this afternoon we were missing three critical pieces Romig, Huff, and Dipasupil. Throw in the loss of French (lack of eligibility) and we were fortunate to get a tie. We have an excellent team but have not had the best players on the field to take advantage of set pieces. I'm sure Coach Kirk knows this. Although, Jada Thomas had a tough night her rendention of the griddy after her goal was on point.

Last edited:
A few thoughts. Our offense is in shambles. George and Jaida where are you? Passing in the box (or lack there of ) is bad. Nice score by Jaida though. Missing Huff hurts any word on her? The foul that led to their first goal was standard NC defense. I guess arm bars are not legal. I’ve gone from disappointed to concerned. At current level of play Duke will smash us. Play Simmonds more.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back