'25 ★★★★★ Class of 2025 Commitments

I don’t see how the defensive recruits help us. Sorry, but they just don’t look like top tier talent.

Of the 3, the best offers after UT are Arizona St, Auburn, and Missouri. One recruit has zero offers

Not sure what you’re looking at.

Ohio St and A&M aren’t good offers? (Redmond)

Michigan, A&M, Ole Miss, AUB, LSU, FSU have all offered Arnoux.

Clemson, AUB, LSU have all offered Lewis.

Can’t comment on all of them but the Milton kids can play. If you don’t know ATL ball, Milton plays in the biggest division in the state. They shut down Hecklinski (wake) and Walton HS in the state championship game, which had not been done by anyone in 7A all year. The kid had some absurd numbers like 40 tds and 2 picks coming into that game. They picked him twice and won the state. Completely shut him down.

We keep getting kids from the big ATL schools (Milton, Denmark/Sham, Woodward/Harrison, Parkview/Matthews, Gainesville/Telander, Grayson/jalen Smith). Heck even getting the Pace kid (burns) is big because Pace recruits like crazy (j. Salyer and Andrew Thomas for example). My point is that Heup isn’t a sexy recruiter like Kiff who has a big “look at me” factor. But they are making quality in-roads. At least around here they are. They seem to be doing similar good work in Nashville. I’m encouraged.
Way better than where we were three years ago.

which 'defensive recruits'?

23, 24, 25? 'all of them?'
Before I make a comment that might get me a slap on the wrist by administration members, what is the title of this thread? Also, in which thread was I replying to posted?

Reactions: StoVol
I don’t see how the defensive recruits help us. Sorry, but they just don’t look like top tier talent.

The staff has flaws in recruiting and need to improve certain aspects, but one thing they’ve proven is they’re able to properly identify talent. Trust their evaluations.

If theye are still 87 three stars with mid offer lists two months before signing day, then I’d be concerned.

I trust the evaluations of Bama and Ga and they only sign 4* and 5*.

Our recruiting is way behind both of those. We also can not say we are top notch
at developing either (i.e., db''s and OL). Fortunately we have above
average qb, rb, and hopefully dl returning. We better hope our tranfer portal
can offset the OL lack of development. Elarbee may start feeling a little heat if
he doesn't hit a homerun in the portal.

I trust the evaluations of Bama and Ga and they only sign 4* and 5*.

Our recruiting is way behind both of those. We also can not say we are top notch
at developing either (i.e., db''s and OL). Fortunately we have above
average qb, rb, and hopefully dl returning. We better hope our tranfer portal
can offset the OL lack of development. Elarbee may start feeling a little heat if
he doesn't hit a homerun in the portal.

Vols OL has been legit.

In the ‘24 class, UGA signed four 3*, Bama signed five 3*.

Not sure what you’re talking about.

Redmond is definitely a 4 star imho. He just didn’t camp anywhere or anything like that and played lower level so he wasn’t a big name coming up. Put together a strong year against great comp at Milton and should see a big bump. There’s a reason we had to beat out Ohio State for him. He’s only going to pick up more interest and might be our best commit rn tbh

Vols OL has been legit.

In the ‘24 class, UGA signed four 3*, Bama signed five 3*.

Not sure what you’re talking about.

I am speaking in relative terms here. We sign 7-10 players that are 3* or less.

Ga with 24 players ranked 4 or 5 *
Ala with 22 players ranked 4 or 5 *

Tenn with 13 ranked 4 or 5 *
Even if half their ranked players failed, Ala and Ga far outrank our players.
Both Ga and Ala have more high star players than we have total commits. (20 for UT)

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I am speaking in relative terms here. We sign 7-10 players that are 3* or less.

Ga with 24 players ranked 4 or 5 *
Ala with 22 players ranked 4 or 5 *

Tenn with 13 ranked 4 or 5 *
Even if half their ranked players failed, Ala and Ga far outrank our players.
Both Ga and Ala have more high star players than we have total commits. (20 for UT)
I wonder if multiple national championships each has anything to do with it

Can we restrict posts on this thread to our commitments list and updates about specific recruit commitments and ranking changes please?

There is an entire FF available for people who want to kvetch and gripe. This thread is pinned for a purpose.

VN Store

Back