'24 ★★★★★ Class of 2024 Commitments

What about Edwin Spillman LB from Lipscomb? He is 4 star and I thought he and his brother who signs this year was a package deal.

What about Edwin Spillman LB from Lipscomb? He is 4 star and I thought he and his brother who signs this year was a package deal.
Maybe. I expect we.sign Spillman .it's hard to wait but 2023 hasn't finished yet. Off season last about 16 months near as I can tell. GO VOLS.

This is beginning to look like the late 90's when Phil was pulling top notch talent from all over the country. I think one year he had the #1 player out of 7 different states. If this holds true for the future, then look out football world. Phil was great at getting talent, but Heup is (at least so far) way ahead in player development. Orange shades for everyone.

Great, I'm happy to be getting players, especially at positions of need. But I don't necessarily see the start of a Top 10 class, much less Top 5.
Most of these guys are 3* and I think it is good to have some players that will stay 4 years and develop.
But a Top 5 class nationally is filled with 4* with a couple of 5* as well, especially along the line of scrimmage.
We will have to have some patience while the defense is restocked. We won't win the SEC again until it is.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
Since when was Echols lowered to a 4*? Figures!

The difference between 4* and 5* is not much. Week by week that is suppose to change, because if I understand it right, they only have 32 5 stars per class to match what they feel will be first round picks in a future draft. If enough of the people who pass out grades find someone doing better (in enough of their opinions), someone losses their fifth star.

Reactions: overseasorange2
The difference between 4* and 5* is not much. Week by week that is suppose to change, because if I understand it right, they only have 32 5 stars per class to match what they feel will be first round picks in a future draft. If enough of the people who pass out grades find someone doing better (in enough of their opinions), someone losses their fifth star.
There were almost Forty 5 stars last cycle

VN Store

Back