“I hadn’t seen no article, or anything like that.”

“Coach Pruitt, what do you think about the way your team played this season?”

CJP: “THE BIG YELLA ONE’S THA SUN!!”

Best quote for Pruitt:

FREE SNOW CONE!!! Free snow cone at the end of the game. If you play they're gonna give you a free snow cone. Even if you play half game you still get whole snow cone, you don't get half snow cone. People that whole game get a whole snow cone and people that play half game get a whole snow cone. So I'd rather play half game, I'd rather play half game.

Is it more embarrassing to UT or gumpU?
I mean if the most recognizable face of any university/school is the football coach, and said coach talks like a redneck, I’d say it’s pretty embarrassing. I’m not saying Pruitt isn’t an intelligent person; nor am I saying he needs to speak like an academic. But it’s pretty embarrassing when our guy gets up there and says things like “I hadn’t not seen no article...”. And this isn’t the only time he screws up articulation.
If you’re going to be a public figure, you need to speak like one, as that only breeds confidence in your ability to lead.

Reactions: PNW Huskie
I mean if the most recognizable face of any university/school is the football coach, and said coach talks like a redneck, I’d say it’s pretty embarrassing. I’m not saying Pruitt isn’t an intelligent person; nor am I saying he needs to speak like an academic. But it’s pretty embarrassing when our guy gets up there and says things like “I hadn’t not seen no article...”. And this isn’t the only time he screws up articulation.
If you’re going to be a public figure, you need to speak like one, as that only breeds confidence in your ability to lead.
Sure it’s embarrassing for a football coach to be too country and butcher the English language. But is more embarrassing to gumpU? They are the ones that printed his College Degree.

For a winning coach it could be endearing. Unfortunately for the Vols, it’s embarrassing.

At times it seems to be an over the top put on, then reality strikes and it becomes obvious that it’s not.

I wish JP was winning enough that it didn’t matter.

If wishes were fishes we’d all get bites.

Reactions: Checker_the_Shire
I done reached my breaking point. I was pulling for the feller. But his on field record is reaching some all-time futility. On top of all that he became an absolute idiot with COVID-19. He cut a pre-season PSA urging all of us to wear masks. Then he couldn’t figure out how to put his own over either his mouth or nose and wore it as a head covering for an entire game while earning a 6 figure NCAA fine for the program. It’s time to cut bait.

No idea what you are talking about ...NCAA or ESPN or someone hates us

AR-201019968.jpg

Reactions: VolsSince78
Sure it’s embarrassing for a football coach to be too country and butcher the English language. But is more embarrassing to gumpU? They are the ones that printed his College Degree.
No. The answer is no. Ask again, it'll still be no.

No. The answer is no. Ask again, it'll still be no.
That’s how a question should be answered.

There’s no misunderstanding the way you feel.

I was wondering how many times I would have to ask the same question before I would get a clear answer.

Our bread and circuses requirement must be filled. These men present themselves as willing sacrifices for our amusement. Who cares if they bring the education system down around them so long as we like the product on field? If they cease to please us, we'll just throw away their withered husks and move on to the next new addition to the ring.
None of You’uns would care how he spoke if we had beaten Florida, Georgia and ALABAMA.. and don’t none of ya’ll go to “ puttin’ on airs “ like you would. Our problem right now is that when we “ throw away”THIS “withered husk” he leaves with 12.8 MILLION dollars that the program can ill afford.

None of You’uns would care how he spoke if we had beaten Florida, Georgia and ALABAMA.. and don’t none of ya’ll go to “ puttin’ on airs “ like you would. Our problem right now is that when we “ throw away”THIS “withered husk” he leaves with 12.8 MILLION dollars that the program can ill afford.

That’s obvious. But he’s 0-9 in those games.

And hanging on to JP will cost far more in lost revenue next year.

That’s obvious. But he’s 0-9 in those games.

And hanging on to JP will cost far more in lost revenue next year.
That’s quite possible and I’m not suggesting we keep JP simply because it costs too much to fire him. Sorry if it looked that way. I’ve been consistently trying too shine a light on these RIDICULOUS buy out guarantees being handed out to unproven rookie beginners who FAIL and still walk away
MULTI-MILLIONAIRES on OUR dime.

You can make fun of Pruitt, but the real problem is these schools taking these players and putting them thru their programs for the sake of winning and giving them degrees they do not earn. It is a corrupt system that has no standards except winning and making money. Privileged athletes are a farce and ruining the reputation of the schools. Some of them never go to class but have the same degree of people trying to make a better life for themselves.

Football players are at SEC schools to win, same as coaches. I count championships, not degrees.

Said it yesterday about this quote.

That is our oracle and fearless leader folks.

Dude probably thought they were asking about asparagus again.

Best quote for Pruitt:

FREE SNOW CONE!!! Free snow cone at the end of the game. If you play they're gonna give you a free snow cone. Even if you play half game you still get whole snow cone, you don't get half snow cone. People that whole game get a whole snow cone and people that play half game get a whole snow cone. So I'd rather play half game, I'd rather play half game.
😂
“Coach, what do you say to your team at the end of this game?”
“GRAPE!!”

Reactions: vol1981
The hillbilly language would be cute and endearing if he could field a team that could win at least have the time. He’s a loser. Period. Not much else to say.

VN Store

Back