“Best Team in College Basketball”

Kentucky - GONE! National Player of the Year - GONE Calipari??? I’ve gotta give him a little bit of credit, though. He took full responsibility for the loss. Said: “If you have an 8 point lead with 5 minutes left, you should Win the game”…

CBS Fast Break Hosts all think the Vols are the best team in college basketball. Also, one put on orange and white stripe pants and picked Tennessee to win the national championship! All of this is so surreal.

If UT plays to its potential we can win it all, but I have seen many inconsistanices this year. One game they can beat anyone and then most any team in the NCAA can beat us on some days. If we rebound keep turnovers down to a minimum and play the full game we have a great shot at winning it all. And if we get a lead don't change the offense and try and work the clock too earlly. Keep doing what got you the lead.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I like barkley too but he did say that ky was the best team in the sec at our halftime.

Yep, he said they were the most complete but IMO they had some good Portal guys that IMO were not the seasoned leaders for a team to be the most complete as he said. Players like Wheeler are a me-first and Grady is way too inconsistent. I think Barkley and others look at Tschebe and uniformly attach the team to this great most complete player but he can't do it by himself in a long run.

No B10 fan, but I lived in Midwest for 30 years. Suffered with their sports coverage. Kenny Smith is not wrong about Michigan. They are not Longwood. Will come out wanting to show the world that the past month is not who they are. If we play like we did in SEC tournament, we will be fine, but we had better come out with fire in our eyes. Go Big Orange.

If UT plays to its potential we can win it all, but I have seen many inconsistanices this year. One game they can beat anyone and then most any team in the NCAA can beat us on some days. If we rebound keep turnovers down to a minimum and play the full game we have a great shot at winning it all. And if we get a lead don't change the offense and try and work the clock too earlly. Keep doing what got you the lead.
No losses this season outside of Quad 1 - doesn’t appear just anyone in the NCAA can beat us

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Hating on Tennessee is a favorite pastime for quite a few right now. Winning won't really shut them up, but it sure will activate the Conocybe filasris toxins growing beneath their infected tongues. See, those haters, I don't want them to just choke on the hating, I want them to gag and keel over.

No kidding. It got to the point of ridiculous. I seem to remember him doing that in the past too. Not sure why he’d dislike Tennessee. Barkley stuck up for us, though.
But he picked UK as having the best chance of all the SEC schools. ooops.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised with his comments. He said the same thing a couple of times: halftime, end of game during highlights. I posted earlier that this matchup concerns me as it seems a team gets hot against us and then makes a run, but I think we have better guard play and JJJ or Santi could have a big night.

Barnes may decide to give our bigs more minutes since Michigan has an athletic 7 footer. Uros can bang with him down low but not sure if he has enough athleticism to defend the left handler’s post moves.
Go Vols! Sweet 16!
Aidoo should be well rested and ready to go for Saturday

Our record without any bad losses all year would disagree with this statement. What’s our worst loss this year? @lsu?

Aidoo should be well rested and ready to go for Saturday

We may need Aidoo’s minutes tomorrow if Michigan plans on feeding their big man. Illinois is posting up their big guy and the Mocs are fouling every other possession. We’ve played against some quality post players this season but not sure they stack up vs Michigan’s big man as I’ve only seen a couple of their games. My concern is the whistles come out and Fulky and BHH get into fouls trouble. Uros isn’t athletic enough to defend their post game, imo. Maybe I’m wrong.

We may need Aidoo’s minutes tomorrow if Michigan plans on feeding their big man. Illinois is posting up their big guy and the Mocs are fouling every other possession. We’ve played against some quality post players this season but not sure they stack up vs Michigan’s big man as I’ve only seen a couple of their games. My concern is the whistles come out and Fulky and BHH get into fouls trouble. Uros isn’t athletic enough to defend their post game, imo. Maybe I’m wrong.

Is UMs guy on the same level as Kessler and Tshiebwe (sp?)

VN Store

Back