“ Foot on everyone’s neck” by Matthew Butler

Butler is my favorite player on this team.

" We need to finish" .

That sums it up.

No complaining about scholarships and depth, no complaining about penalties, just matter of fact and willing to say they need to handle their business better.

This defense has played I think 195 plays or so the last two weeks.

It needs to get better on 3rd down and the offense has to get a LOT better on 3rd down to take some of the pressure off of them.

Butler is my favorite player on this team.

" We need to finish" .

That sums it up.

No complaining about scholarships and depth, no complaining about penalties, just matter of fact and willing to say they need to handle their business better.

This defense has played I think 195 plays or so the last two weeks.

It needs to get better on 3rd down and the offense has to get a LOT better on 3rd down to take some of the pressure off of them.

Agreed. No excuses. Heupel does the same thing.

Agreed. No excuses. Heupel does the same thing.

Yes he does. And it is trickling down to the players obviously.

It sickened me with Pruitt right off the bat when he made that halftime comment about needing to recruit 25 better players to compete with Bama.

I think "change the culture" is usually just platitudes thrown out by coaches and the blathering idiots on the networks.

Heupel is actually going about doing it through his actions and it is being reflected through his players.

Love that guy’s heart and effort. Wish he had another year left here. As mad as he looked, I’d say he was ready to put the pads back on and go back on the field and hit some more people. Looking forward to seeing what he and the rest of the team can do after the extra week off to heal and prep for Kentucky.

Love the interruptions to answer before the press is even done with the question.
He just let it out, and knew what this team needs. He took it to the media straight up. I haven’t seen a player do that in a long time like that. He explained it perfectly. He could’ve set the tone right there for the rest of this season, and beyond for just saying what he did. This team is going to be really mad going into the Kentucky game, The two weeks off, and the Kentucky game could set the tone of Hype’s era going forward from now on. You get a feeling that it could all change with this game and beyond.

Reactions: vols555 and VOLED
That is one bad man. You could see the anger in his eyes. He was not happy with the out come of the game. Kentucky's offense is in trouble.

I like how angry he seemed. I like how he basically said what his expectations will be going forward for the entire D. I think he really is playing his way into the draft right now.

Pay this man whatever it takes to keep him in Knoxville. I can imagine a lot of teams trying to hire him in the postseason

Love that guy’s heart and effort. Wish he had another year left here. As mad as he looked, I’d say he was ready to put the pads back on and go back on the field and hit some more people. Looking forward to seeing what he and the rest of the team can do after the extra week off to heal and prep for Kentucky.
5 Star heart finally paying off

He's got an "Al Wilson" vibe going. Very impressive. Except for some long passes, the line pretty much held Alabama's run game as just average. I can't wait to watch the Kentucky game and I know now that I will watch the play of Matthew in particular. Thanks OP for sharing this.

VN Store

Back