‘23 Nigeria C Rueben Abuchi Chinyelu

It sounds like this recruitment may force hands on NIL/International students. Some schools are suggesting workarounds for student visa status via international sponsorship in home country— and passive income loophole. This is sticky territory. Let’s hope this kid gets good counsel on the matter. I can’t see us swimming in that water yet.

It sounds like this recruitment may force hands on NIL/International students. Some schools are suggesting workarounds for student visa status via international sponsorship in home country— and passive income loophole. This is sticky territory. Let’s hope this kid gets good counsel on the matter. I can’t see us swimming in that water yet.
We already have. If you have Instagram go to Vescovis account and look at his last post

I know Santi’s situation. They did that slowly, methodically, and by the book. This situation is pushing the boundaries quite a bit.
Not sure the details on Tshiebwe but I’m sure kids from Africa are seeing his $2m+ he’s making this year and that’s probably their expectation is to at least be getting something.

Not sure the details on Tshiebwe but I’m sure kids from Africa are seeing his $2m+ he’s making this year and that’s probably their expectation is to at least be getting something.
Exactly this. I think the family is pretty innocent, but they’re being “advised” that he can make millions in college. They’ve also been told a lot of bad ideas about how to skirt the visa. The Spyre guys gave them a thoughtful plan on how to do it the right way. We’ll see how it goes from here.

Exactly this. I think the family is pretty innocent, but they’re being “advised” that he can make millions in college. They’ve also been told a lot of bad ideas about how to skirt the visa. The Spyre guys gave them a thoughtful plan on how to do it the right way. We’ll see how it goes from here.
Will be interesting to see if he does indeed make the Florida trip and what their pitch is…if they give him similar advice I like our chances, if they are skirting some things etc then they may be the pick.

Reactions: berryvol
Also that video Santi made was for the express purpose of pointing out that they did it the right way.
Maybe Spyre is showing him the path santi took and how he built his brand without making money then when the time was right it paid out. I think Santi’s route is only gonna help us get international prospects

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
As long as Aidoo continues to develop, Estrella actually plays 6'11, and we hopefully land Cyril, this one feels more like a luxury bench guy in the future who we'd develop over the long haul but not a huge miss if we didn't land him. Especially with any crazy NiL demands/expectations possibly complicating things.

I've no idea if having him, Aidoo and Estrella in the post would affect Cyril's recruitment or not. Assuming Aidoo and Estrella are here in 2024. I assume he's (Cyril) is priority #1 or 1a for '24.

As long as Aidoo continues to develop, Estrella actually plays 6'11, and we hopefully land Cyril, this one feels more like a luxury bench guy in the future who we'd develop over the long haul but not a huge miss if we didn't land him. Especially with any crazy NiL demands/expectations possibly complicating things.

I've no idea if having him, Aidoo and Estrella in the post would affect Cyril's recruitment or not. Assuming Aidoo and Estrella are here in 2024. I assume he's (Cyril) is priority #1 or 1a for '24.
I don't think any of those names will give Cyril pause. Kid is my most wanted for '24.

Tennessee has softened up on Cyril quite a bit

They feel like he hasn’t developed much, which has a lot of truth to it…he’s been the same player for 2+ years, his offensive game has not improved much, if at all. That’s been one of the staffs issues with HHCA, they get great young prospects but don’t develop them much.
This part is very true and something I have taken notice of, myself.

VN Store

Back