‘23 ME PF JP Estrella (Tennessee commit)

Man I miss that headband. There was some big game where it got knocked off and he played a half without it and I just remember it feeling wrong haha.

Chism was asked about his headband in an interview once and why he wore it the way he did. He said that he was more likely to get the foul call if his headband got knocked off if there was contact.
I think it was that same interview he went on to talk about why he was always smiling. He sad he didnt want to show his opppnents he was frustrated or mad etc.

While I rarely get too worked up over a recruit, this is a skilled big that we've not had in a while. Guys like this I jealously watched play for the Dukes of CBB. The thought of having a legit offensive presence in the post thrills me no end. Hopefully Estrella would be the start of a recruiting trend that brings more of these types of players to Knoxville.

While I rarely get too worked up over a recruit, this is a skilled big that we've not had in a while. Guys like this I jealously watched play for the Dukes of CBB. The thought of having a legit offensive presence in the post thrills me no end. Hopefully Estrella would be the start of a recruiting trend that brings more of these types of players to Knoxville.
Yea, he reminds me a lot of Drew Timme…like I’ve said probably not nearly as polished in the post at this stage, but likely a more willing shooter from 3 than Timme has been.

We’re not worried about Cuse here at all right? Only reason I kind of don’t rule them out is they have pulled a lot of players from Brewster Academy. With that being said I have a good feeling about this one, GBO 🍊

We’re not worried about Cuse here at all right? Only reason I kind of don’t rule them out is they have pulled a lot of players from Brewster Academy. With that being said I have a good feeling about this one, GBO 🍊
I mean they’re in his “Top 3” and according to some folks in his Top 2, so I wouldn’t just dismiss them….but just about all the smoke seems to be around Tennessee.

This is really big news for Tennessee. It's hard for us to get those tall bigs that can shoot from the perimeter when all of them go play ball in the big 10

I will he extremely impressed if we can pull this off.

While Estrella may not he a 5 star, i think this would he Rick's best get here.

I mean they’re in his “Top 3” and according to some folks in his Top 2, so I wouldn’t just dismiss them….but just about all the smoke seems to be around Tennessee.

His disposition has been the same for a long time. There’s wasn’t a swing to Iowa or regained momentum for us. Just desperate subscription services stirring up dust. Wherever he signs, you can’t blame him, his family or anyone else for misleading anyone. He’s close with Santi, JJJ and Phillips. Notice none of them have said a word either. This writers are just a nerd hurricane trying to get clicks.

This is really big news for Tennessee. It's hard for us to get those tall bigs that can shoot from the perimeter when all of them go play ball in the big 10

I will he extremely impressed if we can pull this off.

While Estrella may not he a 5 star, i think this would he Rick's best get here.

He’s a very good player and a versatile big man. He won’t be Barnes best signee if we get him. Chandler is a once a decade phenomenon. Ranking aside, you don’t get that level of maturity or talent together often. Similarly, I’ll die believing Grant was one of the best ever here. Stars don’t capture his game smarts or dedication. Don’t be surprised if it takes Estrella some time to get ball-handling, footwork and strength to SEC level. Signing a 4/5 with Euro game is going to be great for us. I just can’t put him at the top on what I’ve seen so far.

His disposition has been the same for a long time. There’s wasn’t a swing to Iowa or regained momentum for us. Just desperate subscription services stirring up dust. Wherever he signs, you can’t blame him, his family or anyone else for misleading anyone. He’s close with Santi, JJJ and Phillips. Notice none of them have said a word either. This writers are just a nerd hurricane trying to get clicks.
Yea, I’ve said as much…all 3 staffs feel “good” and I think Iowa media folks just took that to mean/think they led, when in reality he was saying very similar things about all 3. I’ve felt the same as you all along, while others were thinking we were 3rd at best, that we were the likely leaders….seems like others are starting to pick up on that too.

Reactions: Lankykong
He’s a very good player and a versatile big man. He won’t be Barnes best signee if we get him. Chandler is a once a decade phenomenon. Ranking aside, you don’t get that level of maturity or talent together often. Similarly, I’ll die believing Grant was one of the best ever here. Stars don’t capture his game smarts or dedication. Don’t be surprised if it takes Estrella some time to get ball-handling, footwork and strength to SEC level. Signing a 4/5 with Euro game is going to be great for us. I just can’t put him at the top on what I’ve seen so far.

What’s been a bit surprising is that Phillips is drawing similar praise at this stage.

Travis Graf on rivals just posted…(summary) Estrella to Tennessee, will be making a big jump in their rankings next week and that he’s arguably the best big man in this class and very well could continue to climb the rankings.
think he might jump to 5 star status?

While Estrella may not be as highly rated or athletic as some of the other players we have had from previous years, I still think Tennessee being able to get a player out of NH when Duke, Iowa and so many others schools were all over him is really impressive, especially considering how it's been difficult for Barnes to get bigs here and also the fact that Iowa fits Estrella's style more imo. While KC was great, I'm not sure I would call him a once in a decade phenom. I 100% agree with your statements about Grant and star rankings

VN Store

Back