‘23 AL Cade Phillips (Tennessee commit)

Although it seems to have gone down a bit recently, metro Alabama areas (Huntsville, Bham, Mobile, Montgomery, Decatur, Tuscaloosa, Auburn) produce a few elite (4-5 star) talents most years. Rural bama produces more under the radar types, but plenty have been solid role players on SEC teams over the years (hello Lamonte Turner/half of Alabama’s roster every year). I say all that to say, the state’s hoops are pretty underrated nationally and have produced some great CBB guys and put several guys in the league over the years. Would love for Tennessee to snag more guys from down here.

I haven’t paid attention to Phillips as I assumed he was bama bound. Who’s a good comparison for him? He looks a little more stout than Fulky? Is he a stretch 4 or is he more of a post scorer?

I haven’t paid attention to Phillips as I assumed he was bama bound. Who’s a good comparison for him? He looks a little more stout than Fulky? Is he a stretch 4 or is he more of a post scorer?
If I had to compare him to someone, I would say it would be Fulky. I would say he is a bigger version of Fulky without the spin move. Both players films are about the same, a bunch of dunks and drives from mid-range and the three point line. Philips does have a few highlights of him him shooting threes, so hopefully he will be able to stretch the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: walkenvol
If I had to compare him to someone, I would say it would be Fulky. I would say he is a bigger version of Fulky without the spin move. Both players films are about the same, a bunch of dunks and drives from mid-range and the three point line. Philips does have a few highlights of him him shooting threes, so hopefully he will be able to stretch the floor.

Similar athleticism, certainly. Phillips seems infinitely more coordinated that Fulky ever did, but you don't get much opportunity to see him working in the post where Fulk's awkwardness really was highlighted.

I see a good bit of Yves Pons in his game. Dunks everything, has a nice mid-range jumper, is a threat from 3. His handle and rim-driving ability is much better than Pons, but he moves similarly without the ball. Always moving toward the basket.

Last edited:
BHH is 2 inches taller and 50 pounds heavier… don’t think their games are very similar
Actually he was just 5-10 pounds heavier, same height, same position. And their HS highlights are very similar. Both show off an outside shot, aggressive to the rim, play physical. Against their HS competition.
7342CAC7-CBF1-460C-BE42-AAD49D3D01BB.png
6BB42F9C-32F3-4B76-B884-4B538982218F.png

VN Store

Back