‘22 TN PG Quante Berry

From what I've seen with Rick, if a player doesn't fit with his culture and can't take hard coaching - he's very hesitant about taking a kid regardless whether he's in state or not. And I, for one, like that about him.
He’s certainly gotten burned lately takins some that haven’t fit his profile (Walker, Burns, and Walker)

The staff has missed out on getting PGs for some time. I would have liked to have seen us bring in a second pg with this class to play behind Chandler. That way he can develops like Bone did and when Chandler leaves he could step in and be the guy the next year. PG is a position that, IMO, experience is very important to the success of the team as a whole. Chandler will be great for the year he’s here, but a pg that develops over time, becomes a leader and directs the team would be huge for the success of this program.

What hurt was missing on Tre Mann. He thought he had him but Florida swooped in last minute. I believe he expected Vescovi to take more of a step and Springer to be more willing to be the facilitator. Springer instead wanted to be a scorer.

Reactions: VOLED
Good kid and good family. Brother plays at Rhode Island. Would be awesome to see more TN kids playing for the good guys.
Great to hear that about the kid and his family. I’d love to see high school basketball start to improve instate like football did a few years ago, so the players are more SEC ready.

Played for Bradley with the highly regarded Curry kid. Only if Curry had the same mindset this kid does.

2022 THREE-STAR PG QUANTE BERRY

Tennessee offered three-star in-state point guard Quante Berry on April 26. He’s currently attending Winston-Salem Prep but is a native of Cleveland, Tenn. Berry, a 6-foot-3 prospect and a product of Bobby Maze’s B.Maze Elite AAU program, is ranked No. 41 among point guards in the 247Sports ratings and is No. 9 overall in the state of Tennessee. He currently has one Crystal Ball prediction in favor of Vanderbilt. He picked up offers from East Tennessee State after the Bucs hired former Tennessee assistant coach Desmond Oliver. He added a Georgia State offer last November and picked up offers from Virginia Tech and South Carolina last summer.
-Ramey

Based on his top 5 list of schools, I’d say VA Tech but that’s without knowing anything about his recruitment.

VN Store

Back