‘22 TN PG Quante Berry

There was an interview with BJ Edwards where he talked about him, Berry, BHH & Tamba all wanting to play together...even if BHH is one and done I would say good chance at the other 3.
Any chance they take Tamba this year and just not end up filling that last spot with a midseason addition or anybody, just to save it for 2022?

They’re hesitant on in-state kids, won’t offer unless they’re serious about taking them...I was wondering too if they were going to, guessing he’s shown well early in AAU this year.
Hesitant? Or careful not to harm potential relationships?

The staff has missed out on getting PGs for some time. I would have liked to have seen us bring in a second pg with this class to play behind Chandler. That way he can develops like Bone did and when Chandler leaves he could step in and be the guy the next year. PG is a position that, IMO, experience is very important to the success of the team as a whole. Chandler will be great for the year he’s here, but a pg that develops over time, becomes a leader and directs the team would be huge for the success of this program.

The staff has missed out on getting PGs for some time. I would have liked to have seen us bring in a second pg with this class to play behind Chandler. That way he can develops like Bone did and when Chandler leaves he could step in and be the guy the next year. PG is a position that, IMO, experience is very important to the success of the team as a whole. Chandler will be great for the year he’s here, but a pg that develops over time, becomes a leader and directs the team would be huge for the success of this program.

i agree. And for that reason I've wanted us to either get a pg in this class or get a transfer with at least two years of eligibility. Without one, we'll have to figure it out after this coming season.

Yeah, honestly, if one of the kids from Catholic that we have a shot with was going to reclassify and come in for the 2021 class, it would have been more ideal for it to have been BJ Edwards instead of Handje Tamba. He could have gotten some minutes backing up KC and then have a year of experience and 2 offseasons under his belt ready to completely take the reins in 2022.

Right now, if we land him in 2022 (which seems likely), he will be expected to carry quite a load as a freshman, though Justin Powell is a capable option at PG, and I'd venture to guess we'd hit the portal looking for a lead guard to help out, too.

They’re hesitant on in-state kids, won’t offer unless they’re serious about taking them...I was wondering too if they were going to, guessing he’s shown well early in AAU this year.
So you think they view/recruit in state guys in a different manner verses out of state guys? How did taking a very marginal in state guy 2 cycles back fit that philosophy? Seems like they just don’t throw offers around unless they’re very serious about a prospect these days

So you think they view/recruit in state guys in a different manner verses out of state guys? How did taking a very marginal in state guy 2 cycles back fit that philosophy? Seems like they just don’t throw offers around unless they’re very serious about a prospect these days
Yes, they are very much more hesitant to offer an in state (especially local) kid than out of state, although as you mentioned too they also don’t just go throwing around offers. Essentially if they offer a local kid they are ready to take him right there and then and unless the class fills up they’ll have a spot, that’s not always quite the case with out of state kids. They just don’t want to hurt any relationships they have locally as that is important to the staff.

Yeah, honestly, if one of the kids from Catholic that we have a shot with was going to reclassify and come in for the 2021 class, it would have been more ideal for it to have been BJ Edwards instead of Handje Tamba. He could have gotten some minutes backing up KC and then have a year of experience and 2 offseasons under his belt ready to completely take the reins in 2022.

Right now, if we land him in 2022 (which seems likely), he will be expected to carry quite a load as a freshman, though Justin Powell is a capable option at PG, and I'd venture to guess we'd hit the portal looking for a lead guard to help out, too.

Yea my guess is that they’ll look at the portal in the off season...then again if you land Edwards & Berry while returning all the guards except Chandler you may not have much room or be all that appealing.

VN Store

Back