‘21 GA C Ryan Mutombo

Really ? I think Mutombo is more polished, right now, with his ceiling at UT being higher, but overall, I think KA's ceiling is higher, in the NBA. KA can shoot and could possibly be an elite rim protector, with a great mid-range game and potential competent 3-point shooter. Especially in today's NBA
Yes, I agree. I was talking as a college player, even though Mutombo might be a really good pro as well.

Legit question. Is Mutumbo Muslim? Would that effect his recruitment as there is such strong Christian influence at the UT program?

Legit question. Is Mutumbo Muslim? Would that effect his recruitment as there is such strong Christian influence at the UT program?

UT really doesn't have a strong Christian influence. Most universities are pretty secular in this day and age. If someone has an issue being a Muslim/Christian/Atheist, they probably don't belong in collegiate athletics.

I highly doubt Barnes' faith gets in the way of him connecting with athletes of different backgrounds. I don't think Barnes forces his faith on any student athlete and I feel confident he welcomes those of other faiths as well.

I'm sure if there was a student athlete who was of Islamic faith, Barnes would not try and force Christianity upon him.

I was told last year that one of Tennessee's current players is Muslim and attend a local mosque. One of my friends from work is Muslim and I've been surprised at how similar the two religions are, with the exception on who they believe Jesus is. He is from Africa and he told me that back home the people celebrate both religious holidays together. You wouldn't be able to tell who was Christian and who was Muslim.
My first thought when I found out about the player was like yours though. I wondered how he fit in. A couple season's ago we were halfway through the season and had more players get baptized then we had losses. There seems to be a strong Christian influence on Tennessee's Basketball team and I love it.

VN Store

Back