‘21 GA C Ryan Mutombo

Sample size. Only two people have put in predictions on 247.
Still, it is strange that 247 is either woefully out of the loop, Rivals has privileged information, or there is a real smokescreen at play, here. Even with the small sample size at 247, it is odd that Meyer would fly straight into the face of popular opinion and CB Mutumbo to GU when Rivals has Tennessee holding an 8-1 advantage over GU, 4 of those predictions featuring a change from GU to Tennessee in the past week.

Last edited:
Still, it is strange that 247 is either woefully out of the loop, Rivals has privileged information, or there is a real smokescreen at play, here. Even with the small sample size at 247, it is odd that Meyer would fly straight into the face of popular opinion and CB Mutumbo to GU when Rivals has Tennessee holding an 8-1 advantage over GU, 4 of those predictions featuring a change from GU to Tennessee in the past week.
It also weird that Meyer literally wrote an article the same day saying that he’s spoken with insiders and even some affiliated with Georgetown who feel that Tennessee has surpassed them lol.

It also weird that Meyer literally wrote an article the same day saying that he’s spoken with insiders and even some affiliated with Georgetown who feel that Tennessee has surpassed them lol.
Wow, didn't know that. Makes his pick even less sensible.

Wow, didn't know that. Makes his pick even less sensible.

Yea, was pretty strange...

Meyer's Mailbag: Jai Lucas, Nolan Hickman, Big East and more

Georgetown’s next commit?

I would go with Ryan Mutombo, the son of Dikembe Mutombo.

The Hoyas already have three commitments in the 2021 class. The trio of three-star prospects give Patrick Ewing the No. 22 class in the 247Sports Composite Recruiting Rankings at the moment. The possible addition of of four-star ranked Mutombo would give a significant boost to the recruiting class.

Georgetown has been considered the leader over Florida State, Stanford and Tennessee. However, I have received info from Georgetown insiders, including our 247Sports Georgetown site, that they are not so confident and feel that Tennessee might have gained the advantage here recently.

Maybe he fat fingered his crystal ball lol

Not gonna lie guys i am getting excited about this possible commitment...Helps to have a couple of trees in the middle and Ryan is a good one with tons of potential...With Chandler and Vescovi feeding him the ball he could do great things here.

Couldn’t find much film on him. Is he more of a defensive rim protector right now like his dad was? Could he develop into an offensive weapon?

Couldn’t find much film on him. Is he more of a defensive rim protector right now like his dad was? Could he develop into an offensive weapon?
The limited game film I saw he seemed to have a nice 15 ft jumper but mostly scored off lobs into the post. He was not the athletic, versatile playmaker like a Banchero seemed to be. He did seem to move pretty well though and the reports I have seen said he was a late developer and no reason he can't become more of an offensive threat. More of a traditional 5 in my opinion, a guy that rebounds and defends.

Reactions: ricepatty
The limited game film I saw he seemed to have a nice 15 ft jumper but mostly scored off lobs into the post. He was not the athletic, versatile playmaker like a Banchero seemed to be. He did seem to move pretty well though and the reports I have seen said he was a late developer and no reason he can't become more of an offensive threat. More of a traditional 5 in my opinion, a guy that rebounds and defends.
Would it be safe to say he is a little more polished Kyle Alexander with a higher ceiling?

Would it be safe to say he is a little more polished Kyle Alexander with a higher ceiling?
That sounds about right. After thinking about it he really reminds me of what his dad was with the Hawks. Limited offensively but a good defender. He blocked a lot of shots but kept them in play rather then swatting them out of bounds.

Like Uros then?

Well, he was never meant to be a Banchero substitute. Mutumbo is 7 feet tall lol. He's a traditional center. Banchero is more of a stretch 4.

Like Uros then?
I may be in the minority but I think Uros has the potential to be a contributor for us. The big negative for Uros is I never saw him try to block shots when he was in the game for us. Although it was a pretty limited sample size. I think Mutombo has the shot blocking instincts and hopefully ready to contribute a lot earlier then Uros seemed to be.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
247’s scout...

Legit size with long arms and a sturdy frame. Has terrific hands & touch around the basket. Good feel as a passer out of the high post and on the block. Shot the ball from the mid-range area with confidence, and mechanics are fine. Impressive feel for the game and a high IQ. Good area rebounder and rim protector. Lacks lift, and just gets end-to-end OK. True low post player. Late bloomer with major upside. Son of Dikembe Mutombo.

Yes, probably much more polished. A higher ceiling for sure.
Really ? I think Mutombo is more polished, right now, with his ceiling at UT being higher, but overall, I think KA's ceiling is higher, in the NBA. KA can shoot and could possibly be an elite rim protector, with a great mid-range game and potential competent 3-point shooter. Especially in today's NBA

KA looked to be a notch above RM in quickness and overall athleticism IMHO. Doesn’t mean RM won’t continue to develop and become a better player than KA, but KA is on the fringe of making it in the NBA. RM will have to become a solid draft pick to surpass KA.

VN Store

Back