‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

Rumors were we were running 3rd for Hall, if you truly wanted him then nothing wrong with bringing him in and seeing what the vibe is. Maybe he commits, maybe he doesn’t, but what do you lose?

Cardwell took his other OV’s awhile back, he’s been sitting around seemingly waiting on UT, doesn’t really add up that those schools have sat back for months and then yesterday started hounding him for a decision.
Sure it does. Early signing period is closing in. Teams are having to decide who is in and out. Nothing unusual for a school to say, we’re willing to sign you, but we’ve got to know where we stand for your services.

Sure it does. Early signing period is closing in. Teams are having to decide who is in and out. Nothing unusual for a school to say, we’re willing to sign you, but we’ve got to know where we stand for your services.
And nothing for that player to say I’ll let you know in a week.

Saying the staff choose Cardwell over Hall shouldn’t be taken literal imo

It appears to me that Cardwell was a bird in hand kind of player and any preference the staff had over Hall wasn’t big enough to risk going 0/2.

It seems likely to me the staff liked Hall better but realized that missing out on Cardwell wasn’t worth the risk.
Smart move. This ain’t Hollywood Rick’s first rodeo!
GBO!!

That’s assuming Hall had told the staff he’d decide yea or nah on the visit. I’d assume they knew he wasn’t willing to do that and Cardwell was getting pressure elsewhere and the time was now
That’s my thinking as well. Barnes and co. got word that another suitor turned up the heat on Cardwell and Barnes either didn’t get a good vibe from Hall or wasn’t willing to chance losing out on both, as someone stated previously. Regardless, my mind is just blown that we are at a point in our program where a player like Cardwell is a “consolation prize!”
GBO!!

I also think Barnes is very well respected and it could be that Hall informed Barnes, out of respect, yesterday that we weren’t the place for him, in order to give CRB time to move on to plan b. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least, if this were the case.
GBO!!

During...after...BEFORE this weekend is the point. If Hall wasn’t a possibility I think he’d already be on board.

Maybe? But would that be related to Tennessee pushing harder because of less guys on the board? My point simply being that I don’t think up until now has Hall kept Cardwell from being a Vol, Cardwell was taking his time and actually had previously stated he was going to wait until spring to decide.

Maybe? But would that be related to Tennessee pushing harder because of less guys on the board? My point simply being that I don’t think up until now has Hall kept Cardwell from being a Vol, Cardwell was taking his time and actually had previously stated he was going to wait until spring to decide.
Last spring? Hadn’t heard until recently that Cardwell was a possibility...while Hall’s been in pursuit forever and a day.

Last spring? Hadn’t heard until recently that Cardwell was a possibility...while Hall’s been in pursuit forever and a day.
Cardwell OV’d to Tennessee last year, his plan was to hold off on committing and signing until spring 2020...so he hasn’t really been in a rush to make a decision.

Cardwell OV’d to Tennessee last year, his plan was to hold off on committing and signing until spring 2020...so he hasn’t really been in a rush to make a decision.
Ok so your prediction is that he doesn’t do anything until Spring. Got you down.

Ok so your prediction is that he doesn’t do anything until Spring. Got you down.
Wtf are you talking about? Are you this obtuse about everything? Where did I say that?

That had been his plan, he said that himself, it has been discussed on this board...obviously it would appear he’s now willing to move things up, but my point was that you were claiming Hall was holding up a commitment this whole time and I was saying I’m not sure that is accurate.

Wtf are you talking about? Are you this obtuse about everything? Where did I say that?

That had been his plan, he said that himself, it has been discussed on this board...obviously it would appear he’s now willing to move things up, but my point was that you were claiming Hall was holding up a commitment this whole time and I was saying I’m not sure that is accurate.
I think he would have committed already if Hall wasn’t being pursued. Whatever his previous plans WERE? They changed imo and the only hangup was another player...Hall.
P9HlLn.gif

I think he would have committed already if Hall wasn’t being pursued. Whatever his previous plans WERE? They changed imo and the only hangup was another player...Hall.
P9HlLn.gif
that’s possible, also possible he would be uncommitted like he currently is.

VN Store

Back