‘20 SC PF P.J. Hall

4star on 247
Picked up an offer back in September

Talks about Tennessee in the article posted.

Tennessee: "Tennessee is somewhat gritty, they have a ton of talent but they’re not relying on their talent, they work, they dive on the floor, take charges, they’re a bunch of incredibly talented players that play as if they’re role guys, they just play their role."

We probably only need one post in the 2020 class. At 6'9" 220+ he has good size. He'd only be one year behind Burns and potentially in the same class as Pember. Zach Kent's status could be a factor whether we'll need more than one big in that class. Could be 4 or even 5 spots to fill... maybe 3 if Williams were to leave after this year. I'm assuming that Josiah James won't be one-and-done.

First priority will be guards to replace Bone, Bowden, and Turner.

The future looks bright.

This kid has a smooth stroke for a big man and runs the floor rather well, like what I see so far!

Tennessee hosted the versatile big man on two unofficial visits this past season and the Vols seem to be firmly in the mix here as the spring recruiting calendar unfolds. Hall hasn’t ruled out the possibility that other schools could enter the fray but heading out of the season he was focused on Tennessee, South Carolina, Clemson and Florida (where his sister plays basketball). He has visited each of those schools. At 6-foot-9, Hall has the kind of game that would fit well with what Tennessee wants to do. He also has the kind of toughness that will obviously appeal to Barnes. Just a cursory glance at Hall’s highlight clips show a prospect that has a really nice stroke for a 6-foot-9 player, can run the floor and is most definitely not shy about mixing it up inside. He’s a top shelf priority for both in-state programs but seems to have some significant interest in Tennessee.
-VQ

Tennessee’s 2020 recruiting board is loaded with high profile targets, one of whom is four-star South Carolina big man
P.J. Hall. The versatile performer has had a busy spring on and off the court, including a recent visit from the entire Tennessee coaching staff. Hall (6-foot-9, 220 pounds) made two unofficial trips to Knoxville this past winter, so he already has a good feel for what Rick Barnes and his program are about, something the recent staff visit only reinforced. “It was a good visit, Coach Barnes and the whole coaching staff came to my school and visited with me and my family, it was just really laid back,” Hall said. “We talked about basketball, but really it was just us sitting around and hanging out, he wasn’t really selling me on anything, we just had a good visit and talked about a lot of things outside of basketball.”
One topic on the agenda during the visit was a return trip to Knoxville, something that Hall plans to do next month, taking advantage of the new NCAA rules that allow prospects to take official visits before their senior year. “I’m planning on taking an official visit to Tennessee in June,” Hall said. “We talked about setting it up but I don’t have a date yet. I like it up there and it will be good to get back. I have one set up to Clemson as well and I’m also probably going to go to Florida.” Hall definitely qualifies as a ‘big man’ with his length and frame but he’s got a versatile game that would be a nice addition to any college roster. He can mix it up inside but his development as a three-point shooter has added another dimension to his play. He’s shooting 52% from three-point range on the UnderArmour circuit this spring, a skill that makes him a tantalizing prospect as a stretch-four in today’s game.
The last time we checked in with Hall he seemed to mainly be focused on four schools in his recruitment; Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida and Clemson.
Those four remain in the mix but as the live period has gotten underway and coaches have hit the road he’s gotten attention from multiple new suitors. “I’ve had coaches from Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Butler and Virginia Tech visit me this spring along with Tennessee, Florida, South Carolina and Clemson,” Hall said. “I’m not in any rush right now as far as recruiting goes. I plan on taking visits in the fall and then I’ll sign early in November but I’m still open to listening to anyone.” One interesting wrinkle that could affect his recruitment is the hiring of former Wofford head coach Mike Young at Virginia Tech. Hall is from Roebuck, S.C., right outside of Spartanburg where Wofford is located. His father played at Wofford when Young was an assistant there. “I’ve known Coach Young since I was little, so that kind of gets Virginia Tech in the mix, but like I said, I’m open to anyone right now,” he said. Rivals rates Hall as the No. 10 power forward in the Class of 2020 and the No. 67 overall prospect in the country.
-VQ

Reactions: highspeed
Virginia Tech again. They might end up with some very nice players.

VN Store

Back