‘16 GA LB Bryson Armstrong (Kennesaw State Transfer)

Bill Bates
iu

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
Unfortunately we are not in a position to worry about beating the elite in the SEC. We are trying to get enough players to field a team this year especially on defense.

Respectfully disagree. Once we add the “Portal Players,“ we should be able to field a competitive team. Maybe we can surprise a team or two.. I’m focusing on the future and hoping that our goal is to secure high level SEC players.

Respectfully disagree. Once we add the “Portal Players,“ we should be able to field a competitive team. Maybe we can surprise a team or two.. I’m focusing on the future and hoping that our goal is to secure high level SEC players.
Think the portal is focused on next year not so much the future. I do agree we will field a competitive team. Just not that we can focus on being an elite team yet because of lack of depth and development. We're not in a position to be able to only take players in the portal this year that AL, GA or LSU would take.

Read some of the folks reaching out to him on Twitter he is loved and respected and he seems to handle himself well. I'm all in IF the coaching staff thinks he is a fit...not positive about him being more than role situational player..but I did read he wants to go to a P5 school

As a freshman in 2017, he had the best defensive season in program history, setting single-season marks for tackles (114), solo tackles (85), sacks (11) and fumbles recovered (4). For his efforts, he was the first defensive player to win the Jerry Rice Award, which is given to the best freshman player in the Football Championship Subdivision. Since then, he has made numerous All-America teams. He is the reigning Big South Defensive Player of the Year, was a 2019 finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award as the best defensive player in the FCS, and he will likely be up for the honor again this spring. Also, Hero Sports named him the Big South's top NFL prospect for 2021.

"He's an unbelievable player and has been since the day he stepped on campus,"
[head coach Brian] Bohannon said. "He's an exceptional kid, an exceptional player, and they don't come around like Bryson Armstrong very often. It's never about Bryson. It's always about the team, and for a player of his caliber, that's a huge quality to have."

Armstrong said he would like a shot at the NFL, and with his production, he should get the opportunity. As a pro, he would likely move to safety full-time, but that is just fine with him. "I'll play football as long as I can," Armstrong said. "I'll play wherever they want me to play."

Armstrong continues to make his mark on program, KSU record book

Wherever he ends up, I think Armstrong will be a leader from day 1 and have a very positive impact. FWIW, most recent articles I've seen list him at 212 lbs.

As a freshman in 2017, he had the best defensive season in program history, setting single-season marks for tackles (114), solo tackles (85), sacks (11) and fumbles recovered (4). For his efforts, he was the first defensive player to win the Jerry Rice Award, which is given to the best freshman player in the Football Championship Subdivision. Since then, he has made numerous All-America teams. He is the reigning Big South Defensive Player of the Year, was a 2019 finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award as the best defensive player in the FCS, and he will likely be up for the honor again this spring. Also, Hero Sports named him the Big South's top NFL prospect for 2021.

"He's an unbelievable player and has been since the day he stepped on campus," [head coach Brian] Bohannon said. "He's an exceptional kid, an exceptional player, and they don't come around like Bryson Armstrong very often. It's never about Bryson. It's always about the team, and for a player of his caliber, that's a huge quality to have."

Armstrong said he would like a shot at the NFL, and with his production, he should get the opportunity. As a pro, he would likely move to safety full-time, but that is just fine with him. "I'll play football as long as I can," Armstrong said. "I'll play wherever they want me to play."
Armstrong continues to make his mark on program, KSU record book

Wherever he ends up, I think Armstrong will be a leader from day 1 and have a very positive impact. FWIW, most recent articles I've seen list him at 212 lbs.
He has a nose for the football:cool:

He can. I have seen him play a number of times and he was, by far, the best player on the field each time I saw him. He also played on a Kell teams which were highly read in 6A in Georgia. He had the team mates who were signed with P5 teams. On offense, he was to go to guy wen they needed a big play. At lease one Kell coach has said he was the best player he had ever coached and that he has NFL talent. If he came to Tennessee, he would be the best LB on the team. He is that good. Anyone who made 314 tackles in any league is a hell of a football player. One of his Kell team mates is still at Tennessee. If you want the inside scoop, ask him if his guy can play.
Screw the star ratings. We need ballers...gamers....leaders. Let these new guys come in and play like their hair is on fire.

Then how do NFL players make it for a decade plus at his size? That would put them in their 30’s.. this is an idiotic take. Avg age of the NFL is 26. The avg age of retirement being mid early 30’s. Last I checked that’s guys playing a lot more physical and fast game in the nfl than any college conference so how you can state he has 2-3 years left since he’s 23 is detarded... yes I misspelled the word, it’s a rickyism.
Thank you for this. Not enough rickyisms. Love that show

I get the impression this guy will die trying tho and still be ready for the next play.
He is plenty fast, but most importantly, he is always where the ball is. At Kell, he was also a heck of a blocker and receiver. When they needed a first down, the usually threw to him.

Guys like this are fast enough as they're instinctive, smart and are rarely out of position...

Sign him up.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
Isn't Aaron Willis a similar size, I saw a lot of people talk about him being an instant impact type guy.

Isn't Aaron Willis a similar size, I saw a lot of people talk about him being an instant impact type guy.
Well, Aaron Willis is 5’11 225, played at one of the top high schools (like top 5-10) in the country, top 100 recruit out of HS, held 27 D1 offers. Not saying Armstrong can’t be somebody, but Willis is most likely a different category

VN Store

Back