‘18 GA WR Jordan Young (FSU signee)

Here’s My thing with Young. Every kid wants a national signing day decision, and I think that’s what this is. He wants to make his big signing on national signing day more suspenseful. So I think he still chooses to be a Vol in the end.

Reactions: 4 people
four-star tennessee wide receiver commitment jordan young of conyers, ga., caused plenty of hand-wringing for the vols over the weekend and now is a serious concern for coach jeremy pruitt’s staff coming off his official visit to florida state. It remains to be seen whether his twitter bio — which still refers to him as a “wide receiver at the florida state university” — is nothing more than a joke or a sign of his true intentions, but sources have indicated that the seminoles feel good about their chances of stealing him away from tennessee. The vols appear to be legitimately worried, but they’re not giving up on him just yet.

Jordan Young would have never seen a football field if it were not for Pruitt.

He would have, but it just would've been ****ty Valdosta State or West Virginia College of Pottery.

I think that appreciation/loyalty will play a significant role, and I think he's a Vol on signing day.

If you think about it, he might just be emotional (for lack of a better word) and not real sure how to handle all of this newfound attention. I mean think of it, he committed to us immediately after his visit. Goes to FSU, and he's thinking of committing to them. I'm sure if there were more weeks in recruiting and he visited another school next week, he'd be leaning that way.

That is why I'm hoping he goes home, has a conversation with his parents, clears his head, maybe reconnects with Pruitt, and all of that plays in our favor.

He would have, but it just would've been ****ty Valdosta State or West Virginia College of Pottery.

I think that appreciation/loyalty will play a significant role, and I think he's a Vol on signing day.

If you think about it, he might just be emotional (for lack of a better word) and not real sure how to handle all of this newfound attention. I mean think of it, he committed to us immediately after his visit. Goes to FSU, and he's thinking of committing to them. I'm sure if there were more weeks in recruiting and he visited another school next week, he'd be leaning that way.

That is why I'm hoping he goes home, has a conversation with his parents, clears his head, maybe reconnects with Pruitt, and all of that plays in our favor.

I think his coach is driving all of this. He obviously doesn’t like UT so he is pushing him elsewhere.

It’s one thing to give a kid advice that is in his best interests, but it is an entirely different thing to push your own agenda on the kid. He isn’t trying to do what’s best for Jordan, he is simply trying to talk the kid into going where he wants him to go.

Reactions: 2 people
I think his coach is driving all of this. He obviously doesn’t like UT so he is pushing him elsewhere.

It’s one thing to give a kid advice that is in his best interests, but it is an entirely different thing to push your own agenda on the kid. He isn’t trying to do what’s best for Jordan, he is simply trying to talk the kid into going where he wants him to go.

This is what I have been trying to say as well.

I never get too concerned about wrs. Easiest position to recruit and we are deepest there.

A lot of truth to this.

Unless you get one that just has a rare skill set, they're largely a dime a dozen.

I don't know that we're deepest there. Looks like we have:

Senior:
Juaun Jennings (provided he's abides)

Junior:
Marquez Calloway
Brandon Johnson

Sophmore:
Latrell Williams
Josh Palmer
Princeton Fant

RS Freshman:
Jacquez Jones
Jordan Murphy

True Freshman:
Alontae Taylor

----------------------

If we suffer an injury to one of our three upper classmen, we have very little playing time experience behind them.

And as much as I like Taylors upside, I don't think he contributes much this year on account of just how raw he is at the position.

* The WR board was shaken up Sunday with Jordan Young going silent after his OV to FSU. Tennessee went in-home with Young last week in hopes of him shutting down his recruitment, but the Noles were persistent and got him on campus. The Vols are not confident they can hold onto the Peach State receiver. They offered Cedric Tillman on Sunday, with the Las Vegas WR telling VolQuest.com that Tennessee wants him to take an OV after the NSD dead period. The Vols really like Tillman's size and skill-set. He's a legit 6-4 guy who ran a laser-timed 4.6. He had 14 touchdowns as a senior.

-Simonton

Reactions: 6 people
How does that visit after signing day work out? Do they sign on signing day and visit later or sign after signing day? If they sign after signing day how does it count class wise?

How does that visit after signing day work out? Do they sign on signing day and visit later or sign after signing day? If they sign after signing day how does it count class wise?

They do not have sign on National Signing day. Its just basically a big ceremony he can wait until he is ready to enroll before signing and it will still count toward the 18 class.

Reactions: 1 person
Something else to keep in mind (if it hasn't been posted already)...I don't think this will be like Butch Jones' offense where they rotate 47 receivers every game. Therefore, they might not need as many receivers on the roster as they have the past few years.

He would be a loss if he is in fact gone, but for the 2018 season I don't think it will make or break much.

and although it hurts for this season, imagine having room to sign the three amigos in 2019: Lance Wilhoite, Shamar Nash, and Trey Knox. If we miss out on Young and Copeland, there should be plenty of playing time to offer in the next class.

VN Store

Back