‘18 CA OL Grad Transfer Dwayne Wallace

It just robs undrafted kids an opportunity to extend their playing careers and further their educations. As with a good number of NCAA rules, they fail to serve the best interest of student athletes.

They have eligibility...how are they “undrafted”? This is a SEC rule. There are plenty of schools they can end up at. And they generally do if talented enough.

They have eligibility...how are they “undrafted”? This is a SEC rule. There are plenty of schools they can end up at. And they generally do if talented enough.

Undrafted, not signed with an agent, otherwise eligible, etc. A kid's choice of where they can extend their playing career and further their education is still restricted. If the rule is as suggested, then both the university and any prospective student athlete are penalized and/or restricted because ONE student athlete from the previous year dropped the ball.

Undrafted, not signed with an agent, otherwise eligible, etc. A kid's choice of where they can extend their playing career and further their education is still restricted. If the rule is as suggested, then both the university and any prospective student athlete are penalized and/or restricted because ONE student athlete from the previous year dropped the ball.

A player with eligibility left isn't eligible for the NFL draft unless they declare. Doesn't matter if they graduate or not.

Tkjr isn't going eligible to drafted this year unless he declares. There is no signing with an agent or not in football

A player with eligibility left isn't eligible for the NFL draft unless they declare. Doesn't matter if they graduate or not.

Tkjr isn't going eligible to drafted this year unless he declares. There is no signing with an agent or not in football

Fine then, undeclared. That's not really the point. The rule as suggested is still unfair because a university is penalized and a prospective "otherwise eligible" student athlete's choice is restricted all because ONE kid dropped the ball the previous year.

Last edited:
Fine then, undeclared. That's not really the point. The rule as suggested is still unfair because a university is penalized and a prospective "otherwise undeclared" student athlete's choice is restricted all because ONE kid dropped the ball the previous year.

Not sure what you are getting at with the NFL draft but declaring means you are done with playing college football no matter what happens.

I am not a fan of allowing any kid to play the first year as a grad transfer. Imo grad degrees are 2 year deals at minimum so a player IF they are really doing it for the education can redshirt and play the second year. I would be fine with a player getting a 6th year in that case

Not sure what you are getting at with the NFL draft but declaring means you are done with playing college football no matter what happens.

I am not a fan of allowing any kid to play the first year as a grad transfer. Imo grad degrees are 2 year deals at minimum so a player IF they are really doing it for the education can redshirt and play the second year. I would be fine with a player getting a 6th year in that case

I guess undrafted was a poor choice of words, but I've already spent 3 or 4 posts trying to explain to you that I meant undrafted, undeclared, otherwise eligible, etc., which all that is beside the point anyway.

My point is that a kid that has fulfilled their football obligations to a university and earned a degree there should be free to choose where to spend their last year of eligibility as long as the university accepts them. This should not be limited by the actions of one student the previous year. Nor should the university trying to offer a kid such an opportunity be barred from doing so due to one instance the previous year.

I guess undrafted was a poor choice of words, but I've already spent 3 or 4 posts trying to explain to you that I meant undrafted, undeclared, otherwise eligible, etc., which all that is beside the point anyway.

My point is that a kid that has fulfilled their football obligations to a university and earned a degree there should be free to choose where to spend their last year of eligibility as long as the university accepts them. This should not be limited by the actions of one student the previous year. Nor should the university trying to offer a kid such an opportunity be barred from doing so due to one instance the previous year.

I respect your point I just think players should be more loyal to the schools that recruited and developed them .

I also think the NCAA is going all it can to keep schools and players from making a mockery of academics for a one year free agent deal. This is one time I agree with them

I respect your point I just think players should be more loyal to the schools that recruited and developed them .

I also think the NCAA is going all it can to keep schools and players from making a mockery of academics for a one year free agent deal. This is one time I agree with them

I don't disagree with your conclusion, but five years is an eternity is college football. Players change, head coaches change, position coaches and coordinators change... Five years ago. signees were ready to come in and play for head coach Butch Jones.

As rare as these graduate transfers are, I think there is way too much attention paid to them. Teams don't seem to be transformed by them

I can't believe we lose a talented kid at a position of need because Wiggins can't do his classwork. At least, Wiggins is consistent. He didn't perform in both the classroom and on the field. Sure hope we can get a waiver like UF.

Reactions: 1 person
My understanding is the waiver isn't that complicated to receive... shouldn't be an issue... but that's just my understanding of the process. I went through the process, in another conference and 2 buddies did the same in the SEC... but none of us for football.

I can't believe we lose a talented kid at a position of need because Wiggins can't do his classwork. At least, Wiggins is consistent. He didn't perform in both the classroom and on the field. Sure hope we can get a waiver like UF.

Not fair to put blame on Wiggins with what we know. It's much easier to blame the kid himself. Clearly him being dismissed from the team at Cal means he doesn't qualify to be a grad transfer in the SEC

Wiggins was a complete bust... please no more 5’6” corners

Reactions: 5 people
So is this guy even a possibility?

I think he could have as big of an impact as any of our recruits for the upcoming season. To get a potential (likely?) OL starter without it counting against the 25 would be yuuuge.

Rumors floating that the reason he did not visit was due to not meeting SEC rule for graduate transfer because he was kicked off the Cal football team.There are some rules about having not only the grades but meeting good order and discipline .Do not have any idea if this is accurate nor have there has been any hint of what he did to get kicked off the Cal team.

Rumors floating that the reason he did not visit was due to not meeting SEC rule for graduate transfer because he was kicked off the Cal football team.There are some rules about having not only the grades but meeting good order and discipline .Do not have any idea if this is accurate nor have there has been any hint of what he did to get kicked off the Cal team.

Lol.

Where have we heard that???

My understanding is the waiver isn't that complicated to receive... shouldn't be an issue... but that's just my understanding of the process. I went through the process, in another conference and 2 buddies did the same in the SEC... but none of us for football.

Not sure what waiver you guys are talking about, but Florida didn't get a waiver for Zaire to transfer. There was a rule change last spring. The previous rule banned a school from signing grad transfers for 3 years following a graduate transfer failing to meet academic standards. The rule was changed to 1 year.

Not sure what waiver you guys are talking about, but Florida didn't get a waiver for Zaire to transfer. There was a rule change last spring. The previous rule banned a school from signing grad transfers for 3 years following a graduate transfer failing to meet academic standards. The rule was changed to 1 year.

This.

VN Store

Back