‘18 CA CB Isaac Taylor-Stuart (USC signee)

Yes today is underwhelming for sure... all the “this staff is the best recruiters ever assembled” crowd looking dumb right now.

Thing that is most concerning is other coaches with limited time are landing signees!

If 19 class goes bad then I’ll judge.

So him flipping off the fans is ok, bc, “he’s a kid.”

Is that how it works? Just blame everything on that and we are good to go.

To answer your question, yes, that was a $hit move on his part.

Hey bro, just letting you know to what the other guy was referring to. I don’t agree with what Gaulden did or what Walker did.

Mildly relevant to judge it against past TN coaches though.

This is a Butch-level first class. Dooley managed better.

I think the early signing period throws everything off when you look at past years. How many guys signed at other schools that Pruitt might have gotten?

If 19 class goes bad then I’ll judge.

Me too but disappointed for ‘18.... he and the rest of the staff have built relationships with players so regardless where they are those relationships have been built. To say that is a reason kids haven’t chosen the vols is foolish... they haven’t sold something, scheme, playing time, leadership something... where the top kids don’t think our coaches can’t get it done.

Reactions: 1 person
Wasn't he kidding?

KYSrBWx.gif

I think the early signing period throws everything off when you look at past years. How many guys signed at other schools that Pruitt might have gotten?

If's and But's....all the more reason for a coach to commit fully to his new job and let go of his old one.

Reactions: 2 people
Mildly relevant to judge it against past TN coaches though.

This is a Butch-level first class. Dooley managed better.

Kiffin did a lot of heavy lifting for Dooleys first class. Butch basically burned this class to the ground. Dooley landed DR by offering a package deal with Nance and he benefited from LSU firing Justin Hunters main recruiter a week before NSD. Comparing what Pruitt has accomplished compared to Dooley is silly.

Me too but disappointed for ‘18.... he and the rest of the staff have built relationships with players so regardless where they are those relationships have been built. To say that is a reason kids haven’t chosen the vols is foolish... they haven’t sold something, scheme, playing time, leadership something... where the top kids don’t think our coaches can’t get it done.

Disappointed for sure because we were in on some good players. Still would like to see Pruitt with a full years work. We know he’s been recruiting well at all other stops because we’ve lost recruiting battles to him at his other stops. I think we will be fine in the future with him.

Kiffin did a lot of heavy lifting for Dooleys first class. Butch basically burned this class to the ground. Dooley landed DR by offering a package deal with Nance and he benefited from LSU firing Justin Hunters main recruiter a week before NSD. Comparing what Pruitt has accomplished compared to Dooley is silly.

Pruitt was labeled as the "goon squad" a cast of recruiters second to none by everyone on here. It is absolutely fair to judge. Those same variables (re: Dooley) available to us this go around as far as coaches leaving.

How do we explain Butch managing the same with MAC-level coaches and a resume that is no match to Pruitt's?

Pruitt struck out, pretty lame class so far. Doesn't mean I hate Tennessee. I just think we deserve better class than what the head man is putting together.

Disappointed for sure because we were in on some good players. Still would like to see Pruitt with a full years work. We know he’s been recruiting well at all other stops because we’ve lost recruiting battles to him at his other stops. I think we will be fine in the future with him.

Maybe it was the other spots.....

If's and But's....all the more reason for a coach to commit fully to his new job and let go of his old one.

Let it go! He won and is here now. Our basketball players are not 5* either, but they are well coached and are doing really well.
Give this guy a chance. We don' have any other choice.

Pruitt was labeled as the "goon squad" a cast of recruiters second to none by everyone on here. It is absolutely fair to judge. Those same variables (re: Dooley) available to us this go around as far as coaches leaving.

How do we explain Butch managing the same with MAC-level coaches and a resume that is no match to Pruitt's?

Pruitt struck out, pretty lame class so far. Doesn't mean I hate Tennessee. I just think we deserve better class than what the head man is putting together.

As Clint Eastwood would say, "deserves got nothing to do with it".

I didn't say I wasn't disappointed. I'm just saying there is no comparison to Dooleys class. Kiffin had 5-6 early enrollees already in class on the day that Dooley was hired. I definitely wish that this class had been better but I think sensible folks (yourself included) know that deep down that 19 will be the year to judge JPs recruiting.

After a day or two you guys need to come back and read these last few pages! Unreal, how dare a kid enjoy the spotlight and teams and FANS clamori g for them..

I think you are going to be embarrassed..

I didn't say I wasn't disappointed. I'm just saying there is no comparison to Dooleys class. Kiffin had 5-6 early enrollees already in class on the day that Dooley was hired. I definitely wish that this class had been better but I think sensible folks (yourself included) know that deep down that 19 will be the year to judge JPs recruiting.

Agree for the most part :good!: Thanks for the response. GBO.

VN Store

Back