EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Cool. I hadn’t done an update in a while. Hopefully I’ll have time later.

Is there anything else different I should be on the lookout for ?
I had just enough time on lunch to download, install, and check UT's stuff. Bryce Young replaced Derek Stingley as the cover athlete and UT is in the new intro video for about 2 seconds.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Used the tutorials in this thread to install PS3HEN last night and update to College Football Revamped. Was pretty straight forward and took me several hours, but was totally worth it. Highly recommend.

Other than **** you see in competitive, the game plays pretty good for the most part (especially against the CPU). IMO
It’s so clunky and slow compared to the old engine. They made it janky for the sake of realism and sacrificed fun in doing so. I miss hitting spin moves and juking people out of their bodies. You can’t move anywhere but in a straight line anymore.

It’s so clunky and slow compared to the old engine. They made it janky for the sake of realism and sacrificed fun in doing so. I miss hitting spin moves and juking people out of their bodies. You can’t move anywhere but in a straight line anymore.
Agree to disagree

Yup, i used to love Madden, but the game is so bad now. Players on next gen run like theyre about to **** themselves if they stop. The game is also so much slower than it used to run. If NCAA comes out on the same engine as Madden im going to be thoroughly disappointed.

Yup, i used to love Madden, but the game is so bad now. Players on next gen run like theyre about to **** themselves if they stop. The game is also so much slower than it used to run. If NCAA comes out on the same engine as Madden im going to be thoroughly disappointed.
Well be prepared to be disappointed. No way EA is going to shell out the $$$ to develop a whole new engine when they already have a working one. Perhaps they blow up the Madden engine and start over and both games use the new one, but the chances of both games using different engines are slim to none imo. EA is greedy, money hungry developer. Most of them nowadays are.

I haven’t played Madden since 2020 on a PS4. I had some issues with, but it wasn’t the worst either. Is the gameplay what bothers you guys the most, or is it all the extras that are brought in?

I haven’t played Madden since 2020 on a PS4. I had some issues with, but it wasn’t the worst either. Is the gameplay what bothers you guys the most, or is it all the extras that are brought in?
Gameplay. It’s so clunky and unresponsive. It’s all animation based. It’s scripted as hell. There are no live physics. It’s all based on which animation you roll. It’s stupid. I still play NCAA14 in PS3 because of it.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Gameplay. It’s so clunky and unresponsive. It’s all animation based. It’s scripted as hell. There are no live physics. It’s all based on which animation you roll. It’s stupid. I still play NCAA14 in PS3 because of it.
If the new NCAA plays like madden I won’t even buy it

Reactions: ButchPlz
I still play NCAA14 on PS3 also. Ive done the most recent revamped, but I haven’t installed the Playoff tool or any of the external tools. I’d like to, but never really have the time.

Madden is a steaming pile of **** and anyone that thinks otherwise is the reason Madden continues to be a steaming pile of ****. Engine sucks but at the end of the day features will make it break this game.

Predatory micro-transactions have ruined a lot of games. Madden included. All they care about is squeezing as much money out of whales as possible in MUT, and it shows.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Predatory micro-transactions have ruined a lot of games. Madden included. All they care about is squeezing as much money out of whales as possible in MUT, and it shows.
Yeah I've given up on MUT.

Came across this video. Looks like they are adding "motivations" back for signing players, just in time for NCAA. I'm sure we all remember these, some players want to play close to home, play for a contender, etc etc.

VN Store

Back