Anyone hear Finebaum's comment on Pruitt yesterday?

His record and the inconsistency of last years team leave the "guy can flat out coach" statement in question. At least at the HC level.
Oh bull, say what you want, he's a football coach not a miracle worker. The job was open for a reason not because everything was going great here, sorry he couldn't fix all the issues he inherited by taking the job in 1 season or quick enough for your liking. If you question if he can coach or not you obviously haven't watched him. Good luck to you in fantasy world. Go Vols!!

Dabo has been very open about being willing to move to Tuscaloosa if the opportunity arises, but given his success at Clemson I would be interested to see if he makes that move when the time comes. His intent, while interesting, doesn't take into consideration the money that Clemson would certainly throw at him to stay and the reactions from the boosters and the fanbases on both sides should he leave. I think that he will stay at Clemson. He has already made that program a championship program that can beat the very best. To leave would mean that he would have to play Clemson (the program that he built) and revamp Alabama. No clear advantage there unless he is just in love with Alabama.

Would love to see a bidding war with Clemson coming out on top. The gumps would implode

Oh bull, say what you want, he's a football coach not a miracle worker. The job was open for a reason not because everything was going great here, sorry he couldn't fix all the issues he inherited by taking the job in 1 season or quick enough for your liking. If you question if he can coach or not you obviously haven't watched him. Good luck to you in fantasy world. Go Vols!!

No way you can claim to have watched every game this year and not have any questions about his head coaching abilities. If you don’t then you are just a fanboy.

I think you're both right but you should chill. Lol, jmo.

Reactions: TN Outlaw
I’ve wondered with Tee coming home if he’s a backup plan for when Saban retires. Maybe Fulmer has his suspicions that Pruitt would indeed be offers and take that job, so Tee is here to learn more and be Pruitt’s potential replacement when the time comes.

Here’s hoping that JP becomes so immersed in the Tennessee culture that he will never leave.

That’s with the assumption that he brings UT back to it’s winning ways.

This is the main cultural element that should keep him if these "predictions of greatness" pan out ...
I know all coaches have egos, but I think that CJP is smart enough to know you never want to follow a legend. Go after the guy that follows the legend.

There is a lot of wisdom in this post.

Pruitt is going to have to win some ball games before any major program rings him up for a job. How many programs were after him when we hire him?
When Pruitt and his coaches get his players in here to Tennessee you will see how many teams will try to get Pruitt to leave.

If CJP does the job at Rocky Top right and gets us back to prominence, other teams will come calling. But the fact that he is not a high paid HC right now in comparison to others is a good thing. That gives Fulmer the room to increase his salary and keep him should other teams try to pull him away. Also, after the work on the coaching staff, the players and the recruiting trail is all done and we have the W's, CJP is more inclined to stay and build his own legacy. Not that there is no way that he would leave, but if he builds us up from the bottom to the top he will be as invested in VolNation as anyone else, and the pride of our program is difficult to match, let alone beat elsewhere. If he gets us back to SEC East Champs every other year ) in contention every year), SEC Championship every 3rd year with a couple trips to the CFP he will be highly sought after, but he will have deep orange roots by then.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I hope when Nick calls it a day bama will call him first because that will mean we are back and then the next coach won't have to dig the foundation because the foundation will be steady.

Dabo would be the first call Bama would make if Saban retired. It wouldn't surprise me if Pruitt was somewhere on that list though.

Wow. Talk about putting the cart ahead of the horse....JP wasn't in possession of many offers last year, and after his first season as a HC I think its safe to say Bama might reach just a tad bit higher on the list of coaches to call..............

No one can replace Saban just like no one could replace Wooden and no one could replace Pat. Clean Gene Batow just wasn't liked there because he was only 55-10 in two seasons.
It is just impo#ible to replace a legend.
Dabo would be a fool to go.

Reactions: preacherwebb
When Pruitt and his coaches get his players in here to Tennessee you will see how many teams will try to get Pruitt to leave.

I hope you are correct and that happens within the next 2 seasons.

One of my closest friends is a huge Clemson fan. He knows that program inside and out. We were talking about Venables and I made the comment that I think he may be the best DC to ever coach the game. While this guy definitely has a man crush on Venables he stated the only DC in the country he has watched that he feels reads the game as well as Venables is Pruitt. I have heard other guys and commentators like Finebaum suggest the same. I hope it is true. If Pruitt can just give the offense to Chaney and run the defense we may be in pretty good shape.

Vandy seemed to like JP's D also.

Wow. Talk about putting the cart ahead of the horse....JP wasn't in possession of many offers last year, and after his first season as a HC I think its safe to say Bama might reach just a tad bit higher on the list of coaches to call..............
Yes. I'm fairly sure a few people would have to say no before he would be considered. I simply stated it wouldnt surprise me if he were on the list. It also wouldn't surprise me if he moved up quite a bit if we improve next season which is a little easier schedule.

And Dabo would say thanks but no thanks. I’ve got it good at Clemson right now. Pruitt won’t get any calls from big time programs until he’s won 9-10 games a year for awhile....that’s just the truth of the matter..
Dabo will have to say no to the Brinks truck bc they will back it up once Saban leaves. Whether you've got it good or not a contract that allows you to retire looks pretty good, that's what will be available

I’ve wondered with Tee coming home if he’s a backup plan for when Saban retires. Maybe Fulmer has his suspicions that Pruitt would indeed be offers and take that job, so Tee is here to learn more and be Pruitt’s potential replacement when the time comes.

Just my opinion, I doubt it. I bet the plan right now is to get some good players at Tennessee, and win some Football games.

The End.

This. All the logical Gumps pretty much know Dabo will likely turn them down the first time and their second choice is Pruitt, assuming he gets the wheels on the tracks again at UT. In a weird way they are almost pulling for Pru to succeed in Knoxville so he can be primed to come back.

If Pruitt can find success after taking the reigns of this s**t show then he will be the most sought after coach in the country. If he can win here, starting with what he started with, he will win anywhere.

VN Store

Back