Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure he had a drug test too and that he was getting in trouble for it and that failed test wound up setting off further tests that proved he wasn't doping but discovered the cancer. The type of cancer he had would've caused a positive test result of a drug test. Maybe they gave him a drug test as a part of that physical?

Yeah. For sure not debating just thought that was interesting. I wonder how many physicals are required throughout a season?

Yeah. For sure not debating just thought that was interesting. I wonder how many physicals are required throughout a season?

I really don't know. My guess is that UT would give them 1 at the start of the season but I doubt they'd get many more full physicals from the university unless something was suspected to be wrong. But tourneys may require them for participation - it would make sense to insulate a tourney from getting sued if a kid dropped dead in post-season play and we know court deaths have happened before.

It's an interesting question how many they might go through these days. I don't know the answer tho.

Hey Witchy, the Bruce Pearl coming home video is already out. That makes it a done deal right?

#BringBackBruce - Coming Home - YouTube
Witch Doctor say well made...BUT the Insanity video didnt give ole Witchie the rock hard abs it promised lol. Im GUESSING (AGAIN NOT PRETENDING NOW OR LATER I KNEW/KNOW anything..lol others will do that to the point of sickness so get ready Vol fans lol.)
Witch Doctor starting to think its very promising..agree the chatter started too early but like a newborn its here now. lol cant let up!!
BBB
Bones never lie.

Witch Doctor like to hear (beside Basillo) who said it wasnt going to happen saying BIG money donors told them...I hate bs name names I dont live in that radio market or paper..not seen anything besides basillo MAKING wild claims..nothing new lol
anyone know? anyone else hearing this on multiple news outlets around knoxville? lol
BBB
Bones never lie.
who else said the BIG MONEY DONORS told them it wouldnt happen? who?
cue Jeopardy theme music lol

Me too WD. I'd like to know that as well. I'm not a big donor, but as I posted in another thread, I sent an email to Hart and Cheek with the Subject Line: "Tennessee Fund"

"From a pure business perspective, bringing back CBP would appear to be a no-brainer for Tennessee, given the type of coach that is required to make Tennessee Basketball successful. I think a risk/reward analysis would support the risk. CBP has the right mix of coaching ability, marketing acumen, connection with students and alumni, community involvement and an apparent love for the school and East Tennessee area. I believe the publicity generated by such a move and perception of the University would be positive.

As a current Tennessee Fund member, if Tennessee hires Bruce Pearl, I will add an additional $500 to my annual donation."

I've made my opinion known to the Chancellor and UTAD and my willingness to add to my meager annual donation if a miracle were to occur.

Reactions: 5 people
Me too WD. I'd like to know that as well. I'm not a big donor, but as I posted in another thread, I sent an email to Hart and Cheek with the Subject Line: "Tennessee Fund"

"From a pure business perspective, bringing back CBP would appear to be a no-brainer for Tennessee, given the type of coach that is required to make Tennessee Basketball successful. I think a risk/reward analysis would support the risk. CBP has the right mix of coaching ability, marketing acumen, connection with students and alumni, community involvement and an apparent love for the school and East Tennessee area. I believe the publicity generated by such a move and perception of the University would be positive.

As a current Tennessee Fund member, if Tennessee hires Bruce Pearl, I will add an additional $500 to my annual donation."

I've made my opinion known to the Chancellor and UTAD and my willingness to add to my meager annual donation if a miracle were to occur.

W_D say ...
Good stuff, This is going to blow up..Harts not stupid. hes here to win and keep his job and fill the seats. Hes not going to go by his feelings..hes a business man, Bruce Pearl is Great for Business in Tennessee. (period)
Bones never lie.

Reactions: 2 people
So hiring Pearl was a bad hire because he got in trouble with the NCAA??? His only major violation was lying and confessing that he lied and get hammered for that. So that means it was a bad hire.......hmmmmm... So his winning ways don't account for anything to you.

His winning ways were great but he was a bad hire. He lied, he cheated, he continued to do wrong even after warnings. He is gone and we need to find a replacement that wins honestly. Current asset doesn't have the skill. We need to move on forward, not in reverse.

With your logic we should see if Green is available. He took the school to the final 8. That must be worth a 2nd shot too, right?

His winning ways were great but he was a bad hire. He lied, he cheated, he continued to do wrong even after warnings. He is gone and we need to find a replacement that wins honestly. Current asset doesn't have the skill. We need to move on forward, not in reverse.

With your logic we should see if Green is available. He took the school to the final 8. That must be worth a 2nd shot too, right?

Uh, when?

Reactions: 1 person
Who besides Basilio?

Uhm every single person on sports animal....doc, ward, Hyams, strange, Pancratz

Add in Rucker, I believe Rob Lewis has also said it's not happening.

Like I said, there's a lot more local media (who tend to have at least some contacts) saying there's no chance, than I've seen people saying they're hearing it's likely or even possible.

W_D say ...
Good stuff, This is going to blow up..Harts not stupid. hes here to win and keep his job and fill the seats. Hes not going to go by his feelings..hes a business man, Bruce Pearl is Great for Business in Tennessee. (period)
Bones never lie.

Witchie please don't leave us again

Reactions: 4 people
You are really using the radio stations around town lol? I know one donor that for a fact didn't support the firing of Pearl and that's H T Hackney. All the other "donors" that didn't support him are hearsay.

You know HT Hackney personally or have a quote from him? Just because he hired him doesn't mean he was against the decision by the AD. Hiring Pearl makes a lot of sense for a guy looking for a salesman for his company, no?

Like I said, I'm just playing devils advocate. There's national stories saying we should hire Bruce, but where are the stories or opinions being shared of people that are hearing it's possible we can hire him? Or that Hart is open to it? Or that Cheek is open to it? Or that the BOT is open to it? Or that all of the donors that would have to sign off on it are open to it?

Maybe they are, but TSR who has Pearl Jr working for them has shot it down a few times as well, saying there's likely just too many hurdles.

Witchie please don't leave us again

lol thx
.Witchie popping his head in for a little while. wow this place has turned into fuss and fight over everything.. there is more inference being used here than on 90%(i made that up) of the used car lots in Knoxville. lol
"will this car get me to California?"
"Uh it should"
lol
Bones never lie.
BBB

Like I said, there's a lot more local media (who tend to have at least some contacts) saying there's no chance, than I've seen people saying they're hearing it's likely or even possible.

I listen to those guys all the time off and on all the time and none of them have ever that its not happening.....they say they dont think it will happen which I agree with but some of them have started saying that the possibility is higher now than they thought it would be.

You know HT Hackney personally or have a quote from him? Just because he hired him doesn't mean he was against the decision by the AD. Hiring Pearl makes a lot of sense for a guy looking for a salesman for his company, no?

Like I said, I'm just playing devils advocate. There's national stories saying we should hire Bruce, but where are the stories or opinions being shared of people that are hearing it's possible we can hire him? Or that Hart is open to it? Or that Cheek is open to it? Or that the BOT is open to it? Or that all of the donors that would have to sign off on it are open to it?

Maybe they are, but TSR who has Pearl Jr working for them has shot it down a few times as well, saying there's likely just too many hurdles.

It is "Knoxville opinion" radio. Just guessing here, but I doubt any of the people you mention who would know the answers to the questions you pose would talk to any of those radio personalities.

I listen to those guys all the time off and on all the time and none of them have ever that its not happening.....they say they dont think it will happen which I agree with but some of them have started saying that the possibility is higher now than they thought it would be.

Yea, because the possibility of an opening is higher than they also thought it would be. I've heard all of them, and Hyams (I know) especially, say that they've been told by people that would know that there's zero chance.

Josh ward and will west said they were told there's a better chance they're the next coach than Pearl, and that was their words exactly.

Unless the local media has sources who are close to the big money boosters (and they most likely do not), they have no idea what's going behind the scenes or if Pearl's return is a possibility.

They have about as much information as we do. They may have sources in the AD, but unless those sources are Dave Hart and Jimmy Cheek themselves, they're worthless when it comes to things like this.

Plus, it's a much better gamble for reporters to either ignore something like this or outright deny it, because to even hint that it's a possibility would cause a ****storm. Stephen Hargis' Gruden story is a good cautionary tale for Tennessee sportswriters.

It is "Knoxville opinion" radio. Just guessing here, but I doubt any of the people you mention who would know the answers to the questions you pose would talk to any of those radio personalities.

So you don't think any of those guys have any connections inside the athletic department?

Or any connections to any of the donors?

Yea, because the possibility of an opening is higher than they also thought it would be. I've heard all of them, and Hyams (I know) especially, say that they've been told by people that would know that there's zero chance.

Josh ward and will west said they were told there's a better chance they're the next coach than Pearl, and that was their words exactly.

Maybe, they don't want to get "grudened" again, so playing it safe? :dunno:

Unless the local media has sources who are close to the big money boosters (and they most likely do not), they have no idea what's going behind the scenes or if Pearl's return is a possibility.

They have about as much information as we do. They may have sources in the AD, but unless those sources are Dave Hart and Jimmy Cheek themselves, they're worthless when it comes to things like this.

Plus, it's a much better gamble for reporters to either ignore something like this or outright deny it, because to even hint that it's a possibility would cause a ****storm. Stephen Hargis' Gruden story is a good cautionary tale for Tennessee sportswriters.

There's people on here saying Hart is open to the idea, and that he's had conversations about it.

Don't you think someone in the Knoxville media has a connection in the AD, or with at least 1 booster?

Multiple sports talk guys have said they've talked to boosters, and they've been told they wouldn't be for it and there's no chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back