Vaping

:shakehead:
Daffy-Duck-masturbating.gif

Does anyone on here do it?

If so, what do you use? What are your favorite juices?

I started vaping about 3 weeks ago and haven't wanted a cigarette in 2 weeks tomorrow. I am loving the Blue Ridge juice from Mountain Oaks. I went into Vintage Vapors yesterday. There stuff tastes great and is crazy smooth but doesn't hit very hard at all.

It's not synthetic nicotine. The nic used in ecigs is extracted from tobacco plants.

There is still quite a bit if irony in Jenny McCarthy being so anti vaccines yet promoting something like this.

I'm gonna run a shameless plug here.

Got my first e-cig about a week and a half ago after being skittish about how good they were gonna work (been smoking a pack a day for roughly 17 years). It's a Vision Spinner, pretty much the base model of what's out there. I knew nothing about them, and the folks at LJesmokes.com were kind enough to help me out, set me up with what I needed and none of the stuff I didn't. I wound up ordering their LJ's Red (tastes like a Marlboro, seriously), their Voodoo Cola (Cherry Coke) and Sticky Peach (by far my favorite, it tastes like peach cobbler). My next order will have the cinnamon roll, french toast, and banana pudding flavors in it, LOL.

If you're in Florida, they have two stores. If not, hit them up at L Js E-Smokes, Electronic Cigarettes and if you happen to talk to Lee, tell her her little brother says hello. Won't get you a discount or anything, LOL.

Haven't smoked a cigarette since 12/1. Smoked for going on 19 years. Using an ego. Right now I'm using 15mg sweet tobacoo. Just placed an order online for cotton candy flavor, 6mg. Lookin to scale back and be nicotine free by the end of the year.

Haven't smoked a cigarette since 12/1. Smoked for going on 19 years. Using an ego. Right now I'm using 15mg sweet tobacoo. Just placed an order online for cotton candy flavor, 6mg. Lookin to scale back and be nicotine free by the end of the year.

Awesome. My last one was on Thanksgiving. I just bumped down from 18mg to 12mg. I'm in no hurry to quite nicotine but I would like to get down to 6 mg soon. I have an ego battery with a pro tank. I did get drunk and lit a cig last weekend but I put it out once I tasted it. Vaping is the way to go.

Started a week ago. Using an iTazte VV with a couple different flavors. The different flavors are great. Currently vaping "Cowboy(Marlboro)" and also peach and peppermint. All great taste and heavy vape. Have only had 2 cigs since and that was the first 2 days, but since then, I haven't even wanted one. I'm using a 11mg nicotine and enjoy being able to smoke indoors and not going outside and freezing and then smelling like an ash tray. Plus the savings will start being noticeable soon. I go to Fort Oglethorpe "Choice supply Vapor" Randy is a really cool and informative guy. They have about 40 flavors with tobacco and non tobacco flavors. Also they make their flavors in house. Very nice vapor store for anyone in North GA.

Since you're near Chattanooga, you should check out Vintage Vapors. They have a facebook page, but I don't use that infernal mess, so the best I can do is: https://plus.google.com/11269425598...hl=en#112694255980839003227/about?gl=us&hl=en

I have used Choice, and they do have some good flavors, some of which I still use. However, their prices are a bit high on equipment. I suppose that I would say Choice is okay, but Vintage Vapors is better IMO.

Started a week ago. Using an iTazte VV with a couple different flavors. The different flavors are great. Currently vaping "Cowboy(Marlboro)" and also peach and peppermint. All great taste and heavy vape. Have only had 2 cigs since and that was the first 2 days, but since then, I haven't even wanted one. I'm using a 11mg nicotine and enjoy being able to smoke indoors and not going outside and freezing and then smelling like an ash tray. Plus the savings will start being noticeable soon. I go to Fort Oglethorpe "Choice supply Vapor" Randy is a really cool and informative guy. They have about 40 flavors with tobacco and non tobacco flavors. Also they make their flavors in house. Very nice vapor store for anyone in North GA.

So the whole personal vaporizer (PV) movement has picked up a ton of steam (haha, pun intended) over the last year or so. They are great tools for quitting smoking and a much healthier alternative for any other kind of tobacco ingestion.

As someone who has vaped for a few years, I'm very impressed with the improvement of technology. Products are SO SO SO much better than they used to be. The cig-a-likes like Blu or Lucy are now inferior; seriously, they are terrible products. The improvement in technology has produced devices that are capable of giving a very satisfying experience, making the transition from smoking to vaping a virtually painless process.

If you are seriously interested in quitting smoking, now is the time to invest in a PV. There are a plethora of systems available, and I want to share my little collection. In the pic from left to right:
SmokTech 1300mAh variable voltage battery with Protank 2
Inokkin MVP 2.0 (variable voltage/wattage 2600mAh box mod - AWESOME device) with Aerotank
Private Sentinel V2 mechanical mod with Scar rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA)

The first one is your basic eGo-style setup. Pretty novice, but a great system, and this is exactly what got me off cigarettes. The second is a little more advanced, but essentially the same thing, just a different shape with a couple buttons to adjust/display voltage/wattage settings, coil resistance meter (measured in ohms), and the battery lasts for DAYS. It even has a USB out, so you can charge your phone or other device if you're in a pinch. The third is a mechanical mod, meaning it has no circuitry and the power flow is unregulated. Pair this with an RDA, and you get the best vaping experience in terms of vapor production and flavor. Seriously, these things chuck out the vapor, and they're freaking awesome. I could go into more detail about each one, but I'll just answer specific questions if they arise.

With the PV movement gaining popularity everyday, vape shops are popping up all over Knoxville and the rest of he country. There are several here in KTown, but I've only been to 3:
City Vapor (Broadway, Kroger/Sav-A-Lot shopping center)
Knoxville Vapor (Kingston Pike, Bearden area)
Vintage Vapor (Kingston Pike, Salsarita's shopping center)
I hear there is a great booth at the flea market in Kodak with a ton of selection. I will be visiting soon.

If you're a vaper, feel free to share your setups and your favorite juices or places to shop. If you're interested in getting started, feel free to ask questions!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 11
I have been thinking about it for a few weeks. What should one expect to spend to get into vaping? Don't want to over spend but don't want to go to cheap to start if I like it...

Thanks!

I have been vaping for 2 months now and have not touched a cig since then I shop at VOLvapor in mt.juliet they have a few flavors that i like such as the panhandler (a orange cremecicle flavor). I also like community vapor in Murfreesboro.

I have been thinking about it for a few weeks. What should one expect to spend to get into vaping? Don't want to over spend but don't want to go to cheap to start if I like it...

Thanks!

Sorry, been away from VN for a couple days. If you're willing to buy online, you can definitely get a solid setup for <$50. You could pick one of these batteries:
smoktech battery | eBay
The higher the mAh, the longer they'll last between charges. I have the 1300, and it'll get me through at least a day and a half of heavy vaping. Then pick out one of these:
kanger | eBay
I recommend the Protank 2, stay away from 3. They also have smaller ones like the Evod or Unitank, but I can pretty much guarantee you'll end up wanting a bigger tank, plus they just perform better. Another thing is that some eliquids can somehow crack plastic tanks, so I highly recommend getting a tank with glass/Pyrex, such as the PT2.

So that kind of setup would be ~$40. You can get a cheaper setup, but if you end up liking vaping, these are substantially better than the cheaper options, but only for a few dollars more. Trust me, skip the beginner crap.

Now if I were you, I would totally get this:
itaste mvp | eBay
OR
innokin vv | eBay
And this:
aspire nautilus | eBay

Those Innokins have really cool and helpful features, and the batteries last a long time. In fact, if you got one of those kits, you'd have everything you need except juice because they come with 2 tanks, but they're not great. However, you could just get one of those kits and a bottle of juice, and you'd be ready to go!

Definitely let me know if you have any more questions, and I hope you take the plunge!

I have been vaping for 2 months now and have not touched a cig since then I shop at VOLvapor in mt.juliet they have a few flavors that i like such as the panhandler (a orange cremecicle flavor). I also like community vapor in Murfreesboro.
Very cool, I'm definitely planning on hitting up Boro shops next time I'm in Nashville. What kind of setup are you running? Had any good juices lately?

Been vaping for over 2 years, but still can't give up the real cigs. Used to vape at work until they banned them. Using a Empire clone and a pro tank, love it but cigs are a really hard habit to break

Been vaping for over 2 years, but still can't give up the real cigs. Used to vape at work until they banned them. Using a Empire clone and a pro tank, love it but cigs are a really hard habit to break

Oh wow. I know it's a struggle for sure. I'm assuming you've tried high-nicotine juices? My first couple bottles were high (18mg, I think), but after a couple weeks, I had to go down to medium. But I do think vaping high-nic juices helps in the beginning, especially menthol flavors. Menthol + high-nic = most satisfying in terms of cigarette cravings. Hell of a throat hit, and it feels more like smoking IMO.

Have you tried rebuildable atomizers yet? I just started a couple weeks ago, and it's a completely different experience. SO SO SO much vapor and flavor. I've barely touched my other setups since. If you want to try to really quit, I bet an RDA would help immensely.

Oh wow. I know it's a struggle for sure. I'm assuming you've tried high-nicotine juices? My first couple bottles were high (18mg, I think), but after a couple weeks, I had to go down to medium. But I do think vaping high-nic juices helps in the beginning, especially menthol flavors. Menthol + high-nic = most satisfying in terms of cigarette cravings. Hell of a throat hit, and it feels more like smoking IMO.

Have you tried rebuildable atomizers yet? I just started a couple weeks ago, and it's a completely different experience. SO SO SO much vapor and flavor. I've barely touched my other setups since. If you want to try to really quit, I bet an RDA would help immensely.

I want to try them, but I'm NOT mechanically inclined, so been kinda afraid

I want to try them, but I'm NOT mechanically inclined, so been kinda afraid

Yeah I can understand that for sure. It seems to me that most vape shops are willing to go above and beyond for customer service, so I bet if you find one that sells RDAs, they'll be willing to make you a few coils. I make microcoils, which are a little more advanced, but not terribly difficult. However, the stock coil that came on my atty was actually pretty darn good. All you gotta do is wrap some Kanthal around a silica wick a few times, plug it in, and vape on. Don't get me wrong, it is extra time and work compared to a Protank, but for me, it's well worth it.

Check out this channel and watch some of his coil builds. I discovered it while I was vaping on my Protank2, and it played a big part in me getting into RDAs.
RiP Trippers - YouTube

VN Store

Back