You Can Change ONE Play

DrDave

If you could change one play in any game this year, which would you choose?

Not a play, but a decision...The QB change at Florida. The momentum that would have built up after FINALLY beating UF would've been HUGE for this program (even if it was a down year for UF)

Reactions: 6 people
Either of my picks involve a mistake by Pig. But I'll take, hands down, his unnecessary block in the back that negated Dobbs' td run that more than likely ices the Vandy game. Aint gonna lie...still feeling a little bitter towards Pig

Reactions: 4 people
Its easy for me....Howard fumble....that one play puts us possibly ranked or at least honorable mention cause prior to that we got one, top 25 vote in the usa today poll.....

not to mention we are becoming bowl eligible as it turns out as well...

And butch gets us to a bowl game in his first year.....

there are no other plays to choose from......its clearly pigs fumble.

Reactions: 1 person
The play when Worley got hurt! :banghead2:

What would the season have looked like if he had stayed healthy?????

Reactions: 4 people
Its easy for me....Howard fumble....that one play puts us possibly ranked or at least honorable mention cause prior to that we got one, top 25 vote in the usa today poll.....

not to mention we are becoming bowl eligible as it turns out as well...

And butch gets us to a bowl game in his first year.....

there are no other plays to choose from......its clearly pigs fumble.

On UGA's final drive they converted a 3rd and 6 for 30+ yards to get inside the 10. I would choose that play over the Pig fumble.

Reactions: 3 people
Not a play, but a decision...The QB change at Florida. The momentum that would have built up after FINALLY beating UF would've been HUGE for this program (even if it was a down year for UF)

Who's to say that Worley getting benched wasn't the spark that made him start playing better?

He certainly looked like a different QB from that point on. He wasn't a worldburner, but at least he was hitting guys on slant routes finally.

Who's to say that Worley getting benched wasn't the spark that made him start playing better?

He certainly looked like a different QB from that point on. He wasn't a worldburner, but at least he was hitting guys on slant routes finally.

Could be, thats whats fun about the "what if" game.

On UGA's final drive they converted a 3rd and 6 for 30+ yards to get inside the 10. I would choose that play over the Pig fumble.

Exactly. Pig's fumble was in OT. When UT came up with no points, UGA had the luxury of just not turning the ball over. That's why they were conservative and just kicked the FG to win.

Even if Pig doesn't fumble... who is to say UGA just doesn't score on their possession and we go to 2 OT?

But, with your suggestion they'd still have gotten it at 4th and 6 and would have gone for it. There was, what, :30 on the clock? Unless we could say "Murray throws INT on 3rd and 6 play" there isn't a guarantee here.

This is what I think happened. I think he probably felt his starting job wasn't in jeopardy. Once he got benched and realized he was seen as "benchable" I lit a fire under him.

actually the only sure change, to get to the bowl game, is the 4th and one call against Vandy . The others you have to speculate on what might have happened . Stop that 4th and one and its game over and on to a bowl .

Reactions: 2 people

Right, because a 4th and 6th for Georgia would have done more for us than if we score a touchdown in overtime :pilot:

Pigs fumble, and it's not even close.

Except a TD there doesn't really guarantee anything. It is possible - perhaps even likely - that Ga would have also scored.

I'd much rather take one the obviously and directly equates to a win and and bowl. So, I'd go with the fourth down play against Vanderbilt.

VN Store

Back