Who Wants To Fire Butch?

Who Wants Butch Fired?

• Total voters

Doyle Hargraves

Trump's diaper is full again
Serious question.
I see many people lash out at anyone that criticizes anything about this staff by claiming the critic wants Butch fired. Can anyone name the people who have wanted him fired? I mean someone who has actually posted these words? If you can name them and back it up, please post it up, or if you feel that way man up to it and post.
Honestly, outside of obvious trolls, I haven't seen anyone calling for Butch's head.

Reactions: 7 people
I'm giving him a few seasons and then i'll make a judgement.

Most sane people will feel the same as you. My point is just because someone has an issue with something the staff does or does not do, does not automatically mean they want heads to roll immediately.

Reactions: 6 people
Serious question.
I see many people lash out at anyone that criticizes anything about this staff by claiming the critic wants Butch fired. Can anyone name the people who have wanted him fired? I mean someone who has actually posted these words? If you can name them and back it up, please post it up, or if you feel that way man up to it and post.
Honestly, outside of obvious trolls, I haven't seen anyone calling for Butch's head.

I have seen many who want the OC and DC fired butno one I have seen have wanted Jones himself fired.

I do not think it is fair to think any one should be fired after one season on the job.

He's gonna be great. Much better than those 2 bozos we fired a HOF coach for. Leave him alone.

Leave him alone...
What exactly does that phrase mean?
If it is not fire him today, then I agree.
If it is don't judge or vocalize displeasure with his decisions, then I do not agree.
He is the head coach at Tennessee for gods sake! If we truly love and care about this program, all of us should keep him under a magnifying glass.

Buuut, after next year if we are 4-8, or 5-7, you won't be asking him to be fired, But you will seriously question his coaching abilities, and not wait till year 3? Yes/no.

Of course I will. I have been branded negavol after all. The point of this thread is almost every time I see someone question or doubt Butch, they are immediately accused of wanting him fired.

I think we got a very good coach but I think its atleast going to take him 4 to 5 yrs to get this mess cleaned up. The last thing TN needs is to be looking for a new coach after next yr. Butch is trying to give us something we haven't had in a long time Stability in our program. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 8 people
OP, many are calling for the OC/DC to be fired. I think that is out of line as well. We do not have the athletes that really allow them to open up the playbook. Recall how vanilla Kiffin kept it the weeks following the UCLA game where Crompton was abysmal. We have to get these QB's playing better, more consistently - in addition to stocking the roster & developing SEC level talent.

Echoing what someone else has said, I think year 2015 is when the noose's will start to tighten if things aren't trending upward.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
OP, many are calling for the OC/DC to be fired. I think that is out of line as well. We do not have the athletes that really allow them to open up the playbook. Recall how vanilla Kiffin kept it the weeks following the UCLA game where Crompton was abysmal. We have to get these QB's playing better, more consistently - in addition to stocking the roster & developing SEC level talent.

Echoing what someone else has said, I think year 2015 is when the noose's will start to tighten if things are trending upward.

I agree, If we have a great recruiting year again?? If we finish 12, 15, 31, the following year, I guess, our coaches we have to be like SABAN, the Oh holy example, and Coach!!

They should leave him alone. He has something special in the works. In my opinion they should have hired him when they hired Foolish Dooley.

Is anyone concerned if he can keep recruiting on the level he has this year? Don't get me wrong, it has been outstanding so far. My worry is if he can do it next year without the legacies and if he only wins five games.

It's going to be funny when people start thinking Butch is a great coach right around the time the talent level increases.

I mean, Nick Saban obviously became a better coach during the offseason between 2007 and 2008 to take a 6-6 team to a 12-0 regular season record.

Reactions: 1 person
Very few. This was a risky thread (you already know that)...you don't want to be associated with that group. His judgement day as a HC will come, but it's certainly not in the near future. We're all still shocked about the Vandy game, but it will subside when we whoop UK

I don't want him fired. My biggest concern is that he may be loyal to a fault, and someone on his staff will have him in hot water after next year.

Reactions: 2 people
Very few. This was a risky thread (you already know that)...you don't want to be associated with that group. His judgement day as a HC will come, but it's certainly not in the near future. We're all still shocked about the Vandy game, but it will subside when we whoop UK
I knew that this was a risk, true. The thing is people need to learn a happy middle. You can still support someone and be critical. If I raised my children with the same mentality that some support Butch...
I don't even want to think about it.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back