Fun Science Facts

Insunseri

Whoever blows the most minds wins. Here are a few straight from my UT bachelor's of science edumacation:

-Not all dinosaurs went extinct...birds are the direct descendants of dinos. In fact, the large birds retained many nearly-unaltered dino characteristics (as seen below)

emu1.jpg

...no those aren't raptor legs, they're straight from a living emu.

-Saturn is so light that it could float on water (if only there were a body of water large enough to contain it.

-The Milky Way galaxy alone is about 100,000 light-years across. Traveling at the speed of light, it would take you 100,000 years to get from one side to the other.

-There are more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth.

Reactions: 1 person
Life on other planets is not only possible, it is a mathematical certainty! For each person on earth they would have 30 galaxies to themselves and there are billions and billions of galaxies! There are an estimated one hundred thousand million stars (or 10 to the power of 12) in our galaxy alone!! The vastness of our universe dictates that life on other planets is an absolute reality!

Towards the end of the civil war a very famous American actor saved a young man from falling in front of a train from a platform. What makes it interesting is the parties involved; the actor's name was Edwin Booth and the young man's name was Robert Lincoln. Yep, John Wilkes Booth's brother and Abraham Lincoln's son.

Not really science but pretty mind blowing.

1. If you collect farts everday for 12 months, it will be enough to create an atomic bomb.

2. The strongest muscle in our body is our tongue.

3. Starfish don't have brains.

4. You can lose weight by banging your head against a wall. 150 calorie per hour

5. The only animal that cannot jump is the elephant.

Last edited:
1. If you collect farts everday for 12 months, it will be enough to create an atomic bomb.
2. The strongest muscle in our body is our tongue.

3. Starfish have don't have brains.

4. You can lose weight by banging your head against a wall. 150 calorie per hour

5. The only animal that cannot jump is the elephant.

I have my doubts.

Life on other planets is not only possible, it is a mathematical certainty! For each person on earth they would have 30 galaxies to themselves and there are billions and billions of galaxies! There are an estimated one hundred thousand million stars (or 10 to the power of 12) in our galaxy alone!! The vastness of our universe dictates that life on other planets is an absolute reality!

Terribly inaccurate

Reactions: 4 people
Oh it's true. I read it just now on the intergoogle's.

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to calculate. You just need to know the average force/energy generated by an average fart, then multiply that by the average number of farts a person has per day, then multiply that by 365. I have a hard time believe that would compare to the force/energy released by an atomic bomb. intergoogles isn't a legit source from what I've heard

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to calculate. You just need to know the average force/energy generated by an average fart, then multiply that by the average number of farts a person has per day, then multiply that by 365. I have a hard time believe that would compare to the force/energy released by an atomic bomb. intergoogles isn't a legit source from what I've heard

Didn't specify if it was from one person or the entire population. I would think the entire population could produce enough gas to make a serious exploding device. But I'll see what wikipedia has to say as a cross reference.

you paid money to learn these facts? i learned these in middle school.

Ok smarty pants, since someone mentioned starfish earlier, I'll pull something from my paleobiology class. The beadlike rocky objects many kids call "indian beads" are actually the fossilized remains (the stems) of an organism called a Crinoid that was a biological product of the Cambrian explosion ca. 500 million years ago. If you look down the center of these fossils, you will see a star-like pattern. And, you guessed it, these are early ancestors of star fish. Their family name is Echinodermata, so they are called echinoderms. If you learned that one in middle school, then I would be impressed

Didn't specify if it was from one person or the entire population. I would think the entire population could produce enough gas to make a serious exploding device. But I'll see what wikipedia has to say as a cross reference.

Ok, if your sample size is the whole earth population, I'd say you're right.

FACT - The average person produces about half a liter of farts every single day, so if a person were to fart continuously for 6 years and 9 months, they would produce gas with the equivalent energy of an atomic bomb.

And even though many women won't admit it, they fart just as often as men. In fact, a study has proven that when men and women eat the exact same food, woman tend to have even more concentrated gas than men.

Gravity is surprisingly weak (compared to the other three "forces"). This leads many physicists to question gravity as a legitimate "force".

VN Store

Back