Name a Random Old School Baller

He talked funky to Jordan one time in the playoffs. He didn't give a **** about MJ. Respectable player. Tough as hell.

Mark Eaton. Best shot blocker ever. Couldn't do anything offensively, but in his prime his ability to own the paint is unrivaled post-merger. He blocked 456 shots one season. Nobody else in NBA history has eclipsed the 400 mark. His NBA career strangely started at age 25, and he was already slowing down athletically. His blocks per minute numbers fell every season, but he still won 2 DPOYs in that small window of his prime.

You're saying Shaq owned the defensive paint or are you just naming a random old school baller?

Shaq definitely pushed people around more and could take up just as much space, but Shaq was either too slow or lazy to ever lead the league in blocked shots. Eaton did it 4 times. Only other guy to do that is Kareem.

You're saying Shaq owned the defensive paint or are you just naming a random old school baller?

Shaq definitely pushed people around more and could take up just as much space, but Shaq was either too slow or lazy to ever lead the league in blocked shots. Eaton did it 4 times. Only other guy to do that is Kareem.

Calm your beard.

Calm your beard.

markeaton.jpg

Mark Eaton. Best shot blocker ever. Couldn't do anything offensively, but in his prime his ability to own the paint is unrivaled post-merger. He blocked 456 shots one season. Nobody else in NBA history has eclipsed the 400 mark. His NBA career strangely started at age 25, and he was already slowing down athletically. His blocks per minute numbers fell every season, but he still won 2 DPOYs in that small window of his prime.

Not that we'll ever know, but I'd be willing to bet Russell and Wilt blocked that many in a season. Honestly their block numbers, Russell in particular, would probably be untouchable had the been kept. Just going by footage I'd say Russell was the best shot blocker ever, even with no numbers, just in the way he blocked them. Kept them in bounds and usually to a teammate.

NBA career started @ 25? That's interesting. There's still hope for Scotty!

Not that we'll ever know, but I'd be willing to bet Russell and Wilt blocked that many in a season. Honestly their block numbers, Russell in particular, would probably be untouchable had the been kept. Just going by footage I'd say Russell was the best shot blocker ever, even with no numbers, just in the way he blocked them. Kept them in bounds and usually to a teammate.

Yeah, I wonder what their stats would look like, but also consider the talent pool in the NBA was nothing like it's been in the last 30 years. The disparity was huge in the early days. It's the same reason no one hits .400 anymore. The hitters today are better, but there are too many good pitchers.

Yeah, I wonder what their stats would look like, but also consider the talent pool in the NBA was nothing like it's been in the last 30 years. The disparity was huge in the early days. It's the same reason no one hits .400 anymore. The hitters today are better, but there are too many good pitchers.

Very fair point.

VN Store

Back