'15 TN DE Kyle Phillips (UT commit 1/3/15)

Ron Swanson

Offense Wins Championships.
4_919516.jpg

Strongside defensive end
Nashville, Tennessee
Hillsboro
View Map
Ht:6'4"
Wt:245 lbs
Class:2015 (High School)

Kyle Phillips - Yahoo! Sports

Kyle Phillips

Kyle Phillips - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Another 2015 instate offer

Jack Jones wasn't the only instate guy to receive an offer today as Kyle Phillips of Hillsboro received an offer from the Vols. We told you about him on Sunday that he's 6-4, 245 and ran a 4.61 and a 4.67 in the 40. It's his first offer but definitely not the last.

You can see his highlights from the IFM exposure camp when you click on his profile. He went up against Jones on most of the reps.

- Fortenberry

Last edited:
I work at Hillsboro frequently and was Kyle's Spanish teacher for three months last year. This willl be an extremely difficult pull. I always try to talk up the Vols to Kyle but he is quite dismissive and told me Florida is his dream school. Of course Butch can change that.

He's a very nice, respectful kid.

I work at Hillsboro frequently and was Kyle's Spanish teacher for three months last year. This willl be an extremely difficult pull. I always try to talk up the Vols to Kyle but he is quite dismissive and told me Florida is his dream school. Of course Butch can change that.

Thats what has to change. It drives me nuts seeing all of these kids wearing fl or bama gear in TN. Wheres the pride? Wheres the parents? Kills me to see it.

Reactions: 4 people

I know this is an understatement, but UT has quite a bit more appeal now than it did last year.

And......f*** the Gators.

Reactions: 3 people
It's a bit early to take what he is saying as a 10th grader and run with it. UT just needs to be in the picture and we will see in 2015. I do agree that he is about to blow up. Big kid and good speed.

Going to be very difficult to pull out of Nashville - Mother is a Former Vanderbilt Athlete/Grad & now Athletic Director at TN State University/ Theresa Phillips

"Another offer in for 2015 Hillsboro DE Kyle Phillips as Kentucky pulls the trigger. That's three offers in about 16 hours for Phillips."

Sounds like he's been turning a lot of heads at camp

Alright guys, I spoke with someone close to the situation today. Better news than I thought. He says that the top 5 are UT, Vandy, Clemson, FSU and Florida. Offering first apparently was really good for UT. Ultimately he expects it to come down to UT, Vandy and another school with the Vols having as good a shot as any. Unsurprisingly he says if UT plays well on the field that will raise our chances a lot. Kyle is intrigued by Clemson's track record of putting D-Linemen in the league.

The high school coaches aren't pushing him anywhere and are handling his recruitment in an A+ manner. They are also telling him that if he goes to the instate state university, in this case UT, that he won't have to worry about finding a job after college. Mom is going to let Kyle make his choice but would prefer he stay close to home.

Reactions: 5 people
Kyle is intrigued by Clemson's track record of putting D-Linemen in the league.

Good stuff. Hopefully he'll look at Stripling's track record of putting Dlineman into the league. He's put a boatload of good ones into the league from Lamarr Woodley to just recently Derek Wolfe.

Man all these players coming outta the Nashville area. And I don't think we've seen the half of it yet.

Any chance of a commit this weekend? He could grow into a Defensive Tackle by the time he is ready to sign his LOI

He's been quoted saying his mom will only let him go to Vandy or Stanford . I really hope he can make his own decision . She played bball at candy .

VN Store

Back