Awesome Butch Quote....

Love the enthusiasm. I'm glad we got a coach who has embraced everything orange so passionately. He knows we want to see results on the field and I think he will deliver. Do work son!

honestly we've had big recruiting classes in the last few years between lanes first one and dooleys first one ...and haven't done anything with them ....don't really care anymore about big recruiting classes

Reactions: 1 person
honestly we've had big recruiting classes in the last few years between lanes first one and dooleys first one ...and haven't done anything with them ....don't really care anymore about big recruiting classes

I still want them. But lets coach them up. I think we are going in the right direction. Hell we actually got us a football coach

If you're here 30 years from now, I definitely would not be tired of you. Obviously it would mean you are having great success. Of course I may not be here 30 years from now, I'm 63, but my family would see your success and come to my grave and tell me about it. GBO! & bUTch!

I hope when they throw dirt in my face he will be here, that means we are winning I hope.:)

i like the guy but he needs to just stop with the used car salesman stuff. he needs to say things he truly means. Not just fluff to get butts in seats. winning games will do that.

Prove He does not mean what He says.

If they can coach them up, we will be fine. I worry about the transition from the Big East to SEC. I know our caliber of player is better so I hope it takes care of itself. I like the coaches and especially Butch, so I will support them unconditionally!!

GO VOLS!!

I really wish CBJ would talk more about how it's a process, and how we're not a very good football team, and how we can't judge him on his first year.

Reactions: 5 people
“I pray every day I’m going to be here forever,” Jones said. “You guys may get tired of me in about 30 years.”

I love this guy. I really think he's going to get it done. He thinks he's going to get it done. And I think he's going to work hard enough to do it.

It would be fantastic if he's still here in thirty years. It would mean he's probably one of the most successful coaches we've ever had.

For his sake, I hope he knows what he's doing!

GBO! Rise to the Top!

What you said. Couldn't possibly say it any better.

I really wish CBJ would talk more about how it's a process, and how we're not a very good football team, and how we can't judge him on his first year.

Don't think he's wired to do that. Very confident in his methods, his program and ability to win.

he might mean what he says but it sounds like coach speak for a tumbling out of control program which is where we are right now unfortunately. i hope he means what he says and it aint just coach speak. we will find out soon enough. if he's a all world coach he will win big games with the talent we have.

most teams have at least one screw up with number of players on the field. ally bubba had one last year.

he might mean what he says but it sounds like coach speak for a tumbling out of control program which is where we are right now unfortunately. i hope he means what he says and it aint just coach speak. we will find out soon enough. if he's a all world coach he will win big games with the talent we have.
I bet your life sucks.

Reactions: 2 people
I like this a lot better than the year zero excuse crap we got before. It is a little refreshing.

Butch brings what we have been missing since about 2001, #TennesseeSwagger! VB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lulz. "Coach Bajakian, you have alot of expectations surrounding you." Coach Jones is the attitude coach. I like the new attitude! Go Vols!!!!!! [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PdgGe8rwAY[/YOUTUBE]

Reactions: 2 people
i like the guy but he needs to just stop with the used car salesman stuff. he needs to say things he truly means. Not just fluff to get butts in seats. winning games will do that.

From what I've read about him, that's just who he is. He reads motivational stuff, writes down motivational ideas his has whenever he has one (even keeps a recorder/notepad on the nightstand), and is very much a cliche using kinda guy. However, I don't think he does it to fluff so much as he believes in the power of positive thinking and picks up any kind of motivational technique he can find that he thinks will motivate himself and his team.

His father was a cop and he has a very blue collar background that influenced him deeply. Cincy fans warned that after a while a lot of the phrases he uses would get annoying because he says them so much and they probably will but I think that's just who is. He's not trying to be a used car salesman, he just loves positive thinking and cliches.

It's just a part of him that we'll have to develop an immunity too. Sort of like those teachers who say certain words a funny way or use certain phrases a lot that we all had to get used to in class (or if you were like me as kid, you learned to imitate their speech and wrote down how many times they said it just to have a little fun in class).

In time, I foresee VolNation having threads on Butchisms that will be pretty funny and hopefully we'll be winning so they'll be in good fun rather than mean-spirited.

But hey we all have our quirks that other people see a lot better than we do.

Last edited:
“I pray every day I’m going to be here forever,” Jones said. “You guys may get tired of me in about 30 years.”

I love this guy. I really think he's going to get it done. He thinks he's going to get it done. And I think he's going to work hard enough to do it.

It would be fantastic if he's still here in thirty years. It would mean he's probably one of the most successful coaches we've ever had.

For his sake, I hope he knows what he's doing!

GBO! Rise to the Top!

I would be thankful too for 18 mil

When asked about v. bell, Butch said " I don't want to discuss other teams players, I want to talk about Tennessee Volunteers"! :rock: :rock:

Reactions: 6 people
He just needs to win some games we're supposed to win and not allow our guys to play dead when we're behind or lose a couple of games. If he does that, this fanbase will come around on Butch.

Bingo. That's all I'm asking this year.

VN Store

Back