Lance Armstrong. The Cheat.

Don't be stupid, there were still plenty of riders that raced clean. Given a true, doper-free playing field they could have competed on the same levels and won the same races.

Women's cycling has taken a massive hit from the doping scandals on the men's side. That's not fair to the women, that sponsors drop out because they don't want to be associated with a sport that has a black mark. There is very little doping in the women's peloton compared to the men's.

You have weekend warriors doping to win a cheezy medal at the local crit. You really think there are plenty of pros that are 100% clean? I'd say the clean ones are the exception and the rule.

The Uniballer strikes again. I'm sure the media in France is giddy with joy that he admitted doping.

Who cares if he took Roids. A lot of athletes do and I could care less. I don't mind seeing super human athletes. I don't mind seeing McGuire hitting a baseball 800ft. It's awesome and exciting. I don't mind seeing a pitcher throw 110mph every pitch. I guess I'm weird.

This is bigger than Tiger screwing around his wife with some nasty hoes; So it seems. I'd bet Bob Costas is pissed because Lance is getting interviewed by Orca instead of him.

Plenty? Name them.

And nobody wanted to associate themselves with women's cycling because nobody cares about women's cycling.

Thor Hushovd, Mark Cavendish, Bradley Wiggins, Tyler Farrar, Tom Boonen, Danny Pate, Ryder Hesjedal, Carlos Sastre, Taylor Phinney, Davis Phinney, Greg Lemond, Bernard Hinault, Cadel Evans... those are just big names I undoubtedly believe. Not to mention that the Garmin team is competing mainly of outspoken reformed dopers.

Women's cycling is as exciting as men's, and the women's Olympic RR was 10x more exciting to watch than the men's race. Sexism runs rampant in cycling.

You have weekend warriors doping to win a cheezy medal at the local crit. You really think there are plenty of pros that are 100% clean? I'd say the clean ones are the exception and the rule.

I think more so now than ever, but yes, I think there were plenty of riders that were clean but drowned out by those that doped and won. Remember, there are 198 riders in the Tour de France peloton every year, and about 12 of them have a real shot at the GC. The rest are sprinters, who get little benefit to doping, climbers, who see the most benefit, and workers who are just there to help the GC contenders and possibly get in a break and stay away.

Odd...

Some of the people in this thread have thrown Pearl under the bus in the past and wouldn't take him back because he broke the rules by having a recruit over and proceeded to lie about where the photo was taken. But when Lance Armstrong breaks the rules and lies about it, some of those same people say "who cares". :blink:

Only to run a man in the ground. It's what America has become. An entitlement, hypocritical, pussified, liberal nation.

I'm assuming you'd take Pearl back with open arms? Hopefully you're not one of those hypocrites you speak of.

Btw, those b sum big wordz behind a compooter. I would have to think that falls in line with the liberal, pussified America you speak of. Using your right to talk down to people anonymously. You should bring back old America by going out in public and letting everyone know how you really feel about them and this country. That's how it was done in the good ol' days before there was the internetz. So don't be a hypocritical liberal puss, take it to the streets and show us how it's done. And while you're at, throw your iphone in the trash. Those are for pusses too :thumbsup:

Again, who cares.

Come on now. He single handily went out of his way to try and ruin peoples lives who dared to say he used. He's a joke for what he did using his stature to bully people around who dared to go against him.

Who cares if he took Roids. A lot of athletes do and I could care less. I don't mind seeing super human athletes. I don't mind seeing McGuire hitting a baseball 800ft. It's awesome and exciting. I don't mind seeing a pitcher throw 110mph every pitch. I guess I'm weird.

Yes its just perfect and all kids that look up to these guys should go right out and try it themselves without supervision. Please.

This is bigger than Tiger screwing around his wife with some nasty hoes; So it seems. I'd bet Bob Costas is pissed because Lance is getting interviewed by Orca instead of him.

He should take it as a compliment in the fact that Lance didn't come to him because he wouldn't caudal him in the questioning like Oprah more than likely did.

Odd...

Some of the people in this thread have thrown Pearl under the bus in the past and wouldn't take him back because he broke the rules by having a recruit over and proceeded to lie about where the photo was taken. But when Lance Armstrong breaks the rules and lies about it, some of those same people say "who cares". :blink:

I'm assuming you'd take Pearl back with open arms? Hopefully you're not one of those hypocrites you speak of.

Btw, those b sum big wordz behind a compooter. I would have to think that falls in line with the liberal, pussified America you speak of. Using your right to talk down to people anonymously. You should bring back old America by going out in public and letting everyone know how you really feel about them and this country. That's how it was done in the good ol' days before there was the internetz. So don't be a hypocritical liberal puss, take it to the streets and show us how it's done. And while you're at, throw your iphone in the trash. Those are for pusses too :thumbsup:

Comparing Pearl and Armstrong? :eek:lol:

Wow.

Odd...

QUOTE]

That's because Pearl is connected with Vol fans, Lance isn't. I'm certain Lance has never raced with an orange jersey with a power T as sponsor. So who cares.

Odd...

Lol. America has become pussified. Everybody gets a trophy. Everybody gets taken care of regardless if they work or attempt to work. I wonder how much money gets wasted on these witch hunts. If you think my opinions are limited to a messageboard you're a moron. The thing is douches like you can't accept others opinions or debate something without getting stupid. You just keep agreeing with everybody so you can have some interwebs friends if you can even manage that.

That's because Pearl is connected with Vol fans, Lance isn't. I'm certain Lance has never raced with an orange jersey with a power T as sponsor. So who cares.

Some people enjoy things other than Tennessee football and basketball. Cycling is one of the toughest sports in the world. Would love to see you out on a bike, climbing 10000 feet of elevation and then descending a mountain at 60mph. Would love to see you eat sh!t at 45mph leading out a sprint, only to get run over 15 guys also going 45mph. Get a life and quit talking about things you clearly don't understand.

Some people enjoy things other than Tennessee football and basketball. Cycling is one of the toughest sports in the world. Would love to see you out on a bike, climbing 10000 feet of elevation and then descending a mountain at 60mph. Would love to see you eat sh!t at 45mph leading out a sprint, only to get run over 15 guys also going 45mph. Get a life and quit talking about things you clearly don't understand.

You sound like you've won 7 Tour de France races yourself.

Thor Hushovd, Mark Cavendish, Bradley Wiggins, Tyler Farrar, Tom Boonen, Danny Pate, Ryder Hesjedal, Carlos Sastre, Taylor Phinney, Davis Phinney, Greg Lemond, Bernard Hinault, Cadel Evans... those are just big names I undoubtedly believe. Not to mention that the Garmin team is competing mainly of outspoken reformed dopers.

Women's cycling is as exciting as men's, and the women's Olympic RR was 10x more exciting to watch than the men's race. Sexism runs rampant in cycling.

I don't know if all those names raced with Lance or before Lance, and really it doesn't matter. I'd say some did and some didn't. But let's say hypothetically, based on this post...

I think more so now than ever, but yes, I think there were plenty of riders that were clean but drowned out by those that doped and won. Remember, there are 198 riders in the Tour de France peloton every year, and about 12 of them have a real shot at the GC. The rest are sprinters, who get little benefit to doping, climbers, who see the most benefit, and workers who are just there to help the GC contenders and possibly get in a break and stay away.

...that they all did race with him. So 6% of 198 is plenty? If somebody gave us 100 dollars and told us to split it, you'd be cool with 6 bucks since, you know, that's plenty? If so, how'd you like to go into business?

Come on now. He single handily went out of his way to try and ruin peoples lives who dared to say he used. He's a joke for what he did using his stature to bully people around who dared to go against him.

Of course he's a jerk. I never said he wasn't.

I simply don't care he was a cheater in a sport rife with cheaters before him and after him.

Of course he's a jerk. I never said he wasn't.

I simply don't care he was a cheater in a sport rife with cheaters before him and after him.

I get your point. I don't necessarily care about him using either but I do have a problem with him bullying people around if they dare say anything against him. That's all.

Been a while Dooz. Good to see you on the site again. :hi:

ff_lance_tdf_testes.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
I don't know if all those names raced with Lance or before Lance, and really it doesn't matter. I'd say some did and some didn't. But let's say hypothetically, based on this post...

...that they all did race with him. So 6% of 198 is plenty? If somebody gave us 100 dollars and told us to split it, you'd be cool with 6 bucks since, you know, that's plenty? If so, how'd you like to go into business?

Before, during, and after. I'm not going to list the thousands of riders that raced alongside him. Those are just successful riders that I can name off of the top of my head that I don't think were cheaters.

You're an idiot and know absolutely nothing about the sport. Why are you here?

Before, during, and after. I'm not going to list the thousands of riders that raced alongside him. Those are just successful riders that I can name off of the top of my head that I don't think were cheaters.

You're an idiot and know absolutely nothing about the sport. Why are you here?

Sorry you couldn't back up you're plenty of riders claim. What 'you think' isn't going to cut it in a sport full of cheating (see also: baseball). No need to get personal.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back